Suthep welcomes five more years for PM Prayut

webfact

Perhaps Monk Suthep has been blasting out David Bowie over the temple's tannoy system a tad too much:

"We've got five years, stuck on my eyes

We've got five years, what a surprise

We've got five years, my brain hurts a lot

We've got five years, that's all we've got"

That last verse can be extended if you work to support it...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's not attacking you, he is feeling sorry for you.

When you start with :

They stopped the violence and killing.

then you demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the orchestrated nature of the protests...

Then you continue with :

Paid the rice farmers

who were not paid because banks which had previously been threatened by the PDRC to not support the government were simply "ordered" to make loans by the General,

and then when you add this little gem...

Bringing corrupt cops to justice including one high profile case even you must have heard of.

cheesy.gif which seriously makes me feel embarrassed for you too.

The banks were not allowed to make loans to the government while they were in care-taker mode. The PDRC "threatened" them because the banks would be breaking the law if they loaned any money to the care-taker government.

Once the general took power, the banks could legally loan money to the government.

how sweet is your koolaid and do you believe that other posters are unable to read ???

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pdrc-leader-warns-banks-rice-loans-government

and what major issue has Mr P really solved?

Airlines .. nope

Fishing ... nope

Human trafficking ... nope

drugs ... nope

Thai economy ... nope

drunk driving ... nope

human rights ... nope

Has he actually done anything?

it is same same in LOS

That is what you would expect from the brain dead. Problems get built up for years over looked by the government and in some cases promoted by the government. Along comes a person who is just starting to deal with them and some nitwit says why have you not solved them all.

He is not your fairy God Mother. Further more their is no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny. Sit back and watch the show instead of saying it is all over.

When you start with :

then you demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the orchestrated nature of the protests...

Then you continue with :

Paid the rice farmers

who were not paid because banks which had previously been threatened by the PDRC to not support the government were simply "ordered" to make loans by the General,

Bringing corrupt cops to justice including one high profile case even you must have heard of.

The banks were not allowed to make loans to the government while they were in care-taker mode. The PDRC "threatened" them because the banks would be breaking the law if they loaned any money to the care-taker government.

Once the general took power, the banks could legally loan money to the government.

One also need to understand why the law disallow a caretaker govt to put the country into more debts.

When people have been lost so long in the Alice in Wonderland hole of the red shirt propaganda they do not understand simple things like that. The Governments inability to pay the rice farmers was part of the PTP reason for calling for the caretaker government so they would have a reason to not pay them to hide behind.sad.png

When you start with :

Then you continue with :

Paid the rice farmers

One also need to understand why the law disallow a caretaker govt to put the country into more debts.

When people have been lost so long in the Alice in Wonderland hole of the red shirt propaganda they do not understand simple things like that. The Governments inability to pay the rice farmers was part of the PTP reason for calling for the caretaker government so they would have a reason to not pay them to hide behind.sad.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

you can't be serious....

oh, wait, your are!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They have actually done a lot in less than a year, far more good than the previous administration did in their term.

Put an end to the rice pledging scheme which it now has been revealed was costing the country around 300 billion a year.

Paid the rice farmers who someone forgot to make allowance to pay when they dissolved parliament.

Brought the rampant corruption within the scheme into the open and started prosecutions against the corrupt and negligent.

Started selling off the deteriorating rice stockpiles.

Restarted rice trading stalled by the hoarding of the scheme.

Made a good and continuing start on reclaiming encroached land.

Working on cleaning up a corruption and slavery ridden fishing industry.

Tackling human trafficking.

Working on much needed reforms.

Those are facts and the truth, although I know they must be difficult for you to accept, and there is much more.

You should note that none of those things that the present administration has to tackle are of their own making but are instead all inherited from previous administrations.

You should also note that should the amnesty bill have been passed all the corruption and crime associated with the above would have been forgiven up to the time that bill was passed.

The country has the people who came out and protested the bill, including the reds, and those such as Suthep who became leaders to thank for saving it from allowing the corrupt to get away with their crime and keep their illegal wealth.

Do you honestly in your hearts of hearts believe this balderdash you write everyday? I feel embarrassed for you, I really do

When you have no answer attack the poster, would you like links to everything I have written ? I can provide them.

When you start with :

Then you continue with :

Paid the rice farmers

Another who is so gullible as to believe the red propaganda.

But as a long time defender of the indefensible it is only to be expected of you.

Waste of time posting the truth and links to things as they actually happened for the likes of you for you would never even look at them let alone believe your own eyes.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When you start with :

Then you continue with :

Paid the rice farmers

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- which seriously makes me feel embarrassed for you too.

Yes, there are very good reasons why a caretaker government cannot incur national debt.

The root cause of the farmers not being paid of course was that somehow when Yingluck dissolved parliament she and her ministers forgot to make money available to pay the farmers even though they knew full well that the debt was incurred and the farmers would have to be paid.

Everything else came after that.

When you start with :

Then you continue with :

Paid the rice farmers

how sweet is your koolaid and do you believe that other posters are unable to read ???

I like this one better :):

Anti-government demonstrators Wednesday stalled the electronic rice auction by cutting power supply at the Commerce Ministry forcing the auction to be put off to March 26.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/protesters-stall-rice-auction

Do you honestly in your hearts of hearts believe this balderdash you write everyday? I feel embarrassed for you, I really do

When you have no answer attack the poster, would you like links to everything I have written ? I can provide them.

When you start with :

Then you continue with :

Paid the rice farmers

But as a long time defender of the indefensible it is only to be expected of you.

Waste of time posting the truth and links to things as they actually happened for the likes of you for you would never even look at them let alone believe your own eyes.

you are absolutely hilarious... understanding why there was a coup doesn't need any 'red propaganda'

understanding the arrest of the CIB, the lightning fast convictions for everything including LM doesn't need any 'red propaganda'

understanding the orchestrated nature of the PDRC and Suthep's protests doesn't need any 'red propaganda'

Keep it going... this is why some of us feel sorry for you.

When you start with :

Then you continue with :

Paid the rice farmers

That doesn't change the fact that it was illegal for the caretaker government to get more loans.

When you start with :

Then you continue with :

Paid the rice farmers

you are absolutely hilarious... understanding why there was a coup doesn't need any 'red propaganda'

understanding the arrest of the CIB, the lightning fast convictions for everything including LM doesn't need any 'red propaganda'

understanding the orchestrated nature of the PDRC and Suthep's protests doesn't need any 'red propaganda'

Someone who has the ability to use a computer and the internet should be able to do their own research and find out the truth rather than just blindly believing the red BS that spews from their propaganda machine, but in your case it would seem not.

Carry on believing what you want to believe but don't expect others who know the truth to believe you.

When you start with :

Then you continue with :

Paid the rice farmers

Someone who has the ability to use a computer and the internet should be able to do their own research and find out the truth rather than just blindly believing the red BS that spews from their propaganda machine, but in your case it would seem not.

Carry on believing what you want to believe but don't expect others who know the truth to believe you.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

really funny, really funny...

see ya...

When you start with :

Then you continue with :

Paid the rice farmers

That doesn't change the fact that it was illegal for the caretaker government to get more loans.

funny then, that the PDRC blocked elections which would have allowed a non-care-taker government to form...

of funny that the banks were considering the loans anyway

if they want the money to get in the hands of the farmers, 100 per cent and not illegally, through a normal transaction by a financial institute, then our bank is ready to consider."

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/thailands-rice-buying-policy-turns-020102252.html

I think your missing the point... wink.png

When you start with :

Then you continue with :

Paid the rice farmers

While I agree with you on many swallowing the red propaganda. I would like to add that not all swallowed it. Their was huge amounts of money involved in it. We all know that there are people with shall we say for lack of a better term no morals and could care less about any one or any thing as long as they make money off it.wai.gif

funny then, that the PDRC blocked elections which would have allowed a non-care-taker government to form...

if they want the money to get in the hands of the farmers, 100 per cent and not illegally, through a normal transaction by a financial institute, then our bank is ready to consider."

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/thailands-rice-buying-policy-turns-020102252.html

Nothing funny about it when you are trying to bring unity to a nation divided by a criminal. It was obvious the PTP government had no intention of paying the money. Witness the recent conviction of three of their members in falsifying Government to Government rice deals. They had used corrupt means to drain the money into their own pockets. I wonder if the Government will ever trace back the owners of the newly built rice warehouses to store the unsalable rice in. It would be interesting to see if any red shirt backers on Thai Visa owned one.

Just a thought.

Even the most ardent of Thaksin critics have to admit than this 'monk' is cut from the very same dirty cloth. This man has a very murky past and is neck deep in corruption. I found it hilarious that he was given the role as leader in the fight against corruption...

Unless you're fluent in Thai both oral and written, I just don't understand how anyone can state you've been "brainwashed" by whatever colour politics.

Surely you would need to know what they were saying, and have a knowledge of the grass roots issues?

I wonder how many of those pushing this line, actually are able to read lots of "forbidden/banned material" within Thailand, knowing that to do so whilst in the Kingdom, they're breaking the Laws of the land. ?

Even the most ardent of Thaksin critics have to admit than this 'monk' is cut from the very same dirty cloth. This man has a very murky past and is neck deep in corruption. I found it hilarious that he was given the role as leader in the fight against corruption...

The original protests which my wife and her friends attended highlighted a genuine concern amongst many Thais and others regarding the actions of the PTP government and they were, at the start peaceful. As time went on there was violence. I don't know if Suthep was directly responsible for that but I doubt it. However he could certainly have spoken out against it more even if that was unlikely to prevent it so to that extent I would say he at least shares the blame. He defiantly showed a lack of interest in compromising in order to bring peace and in fact the only viable attempts were by Abhisit and Yingluck.

If you're a monk then I don't suppose the lack of a job in politics for 5 years is much of a problem. He was great at rallying people to a peaceful protest but after that his contribution was largely negative and now his views are of little significance.

The original protests which my wife and her friends attended highlighted a genuine concern amongst many Thais and others regarding the actions of the PTP government and they were, at the start peaceful. As time went on there was violence. I don't know if Suthep was directly responsible for that but I doubt it. However he could certainly have spoken out against it more even if that was unlikely to prevent it so to that extent I would say he at least shares the blame. He defiantly showed a lack of interest in compromising in order to bring peace and in fact the only viable attempts were by Abhisit and Yingluck.

If you're a monk then I don't suppose the lack of a job in politics for 5 years is much of a problem. He was great at rallying people to a peaceful protest but after that his contribution was largely negative and now his views are of little significance.

The first of the demonstrations were harmless enough, mostly street rallies against the amnesty bill. Quite legitimate. They turned feral after about a week and some very unsavoury characters 'occupied' govt buidlings while others orchestrated violence and other unpleasantness ( including trying to spray the police with fecal matter pumped from a sewerage truck).

At that point the vast majority of legitimate demonstrators went home leaving the ferals to do the bidding of Suthep and other organisers, including that awful monk.

Nothing funny about it when you are trying to bring unity to a nation divided by a criminal. It was obvious the PTP government had no intention of paying the money. Witness the recent conviction of three of their members in falsifying Government to Government rice deals. They had used corrupt means to drain the money into their own pockets. I wonder if the Government will ever trace back the owners of the newly built rice warehouses to store the unsalable rice in. It would be interesting to see if any red shirt backers on Thai Visa owned one.

Just a thought.

Nothing funny about trying to bring unity by blocking elections and then the General rolling in the tanks, soldiers and guns. If forced unity is "unity: you are delusional. There will allways be opposition in government with democracies and forcing PM's out over a police transfer or going on a cooking show is not the answer. Even the Courts could only get a judgement against Taksin on a "conflict of interest". Why are you not complaining about all the other government subsidies that contributed a larger debt than the rice program? I was no fan of Taksin but many thais still are as well as the PTP and I respect their vote. Coup's have never been the answer to strengthening democracy anywhere in the world except in Monk Sutep's mind.

Just a thought.

corruption is often an excuse to dispose of democracy.

but corruption is never a good reason to dispose of democracy.

I note that you and RNZ would think this to be the position of someone convinced by 'red propaganda'...

I call it the position of a person who believes in the sovereign right of people to self-determination.

Just a thought.

Nothing funny about trying to bring unity by blocking elections and then the General rolling in the tanks, soldiers and guns. If forced unity is "unity: you are delusional. There will allways be opposition in government with democracies and forcing PM's out over a police transfer or going on a cooking show is not the answer. Even the Courts could only get a judgement against Taksin on a "conflict of interest". Why are you not complaining about all the other government subsidies that contributed a larger debt than the rice program? I was no fan of Taksin but many thais still are as well as the PTP and I respect their vote. Coup's have never been the answer to strengthening democracy anywhere in the world except in Monk Sutep's mind.

politics is not about unity.

neither are coups.

lack of unity was neither the cause nor the reason for the 'intervention' ditto for corruption ...

The current 'PM' and all his supporters talking about unity, reconciliation, and stopping corruption are just blowing hot air out their a$$e$

I agree about the people attending the protests feeling genuinely committed... I had a friend who, with her friends, went often... They all knew that Suthep was corrupt, but that did not stop them from protesting against the PTP.... They seemed to be representative of other people I saw supporting the PDRC.

Oh Pleeze...anything that will make the local thai economy worsen is good by me. There are lots of properties and businesses that me and my better half are aiming to acquire. Plus hopefully when the situation worsens, there will be more locals to exploit.

The first of the demonstrations were harmless enough, mostly street rallies against the amnesty bill. Quite legitimate. They turned feral after about a week and some very unsavoury characters 'occupied' govt buidlings while others orchestrated violence and other unpleasantness ( including trying to spray the police with fecal matter pumped from a sewerage truck).

At that point the vast majority of legitimate demonstrators went home leaving the ferals to do the bidding of Suthep and other organisers, including that awful monk.

spot on post AGAIN well done