Eight injured when pickup reversed and hit roadside food stall

webfact

Eight injured when pickup reversed and hit roadside food stall
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A pickup truck accidentally reversed and crashed into a roadside Isaan food stall on Thepharak Road in Samut Prakan's Samrong Nua district at 11:30 pm Wednesday, injuring eight patrons of the shop.

Police said the truck was driven by Nonglak Kaewkanya, 35, who fled the scene on foot. Police believe the woman has learned to drive recently and accidentally reversed the truck and stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake pedal.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Eight-injured-when-pickup-reveres-to-hit-roadside--30259497.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-07

Fled the scene on (high heeled) foot, very classy move.

As taught in the 2 hour driving course, everyone knows that:

D: do go down the road

N: no idea not used

R: vRRRoom (weeee fun!)

Doesn't anyone in Thailand step in and do the right thing ever?

Why didn't someone stop her from leaving?

I just don't get this place sometimes.

It's a country full of cowards and people that do not want to get involved.

Weak.

Is it too much to presume the truck will be seized and sold to compensate the owner of the food stall and the injured customers? Of course it is.

The bank may have something to say about any seizure, and since the truck is 'used', the value may not even be enough to pay off the loan.

Classic !!!

Fled the scene.

Hit accelerator instead of brake.

Quality driver with Quality morals.

Its a "national sport" to flee the scene after drunk driving trying to kill other people and later pay 200 B fine and same time the worst drivers in the World I´m sure

Police believe the woman has learned to drive recently

This actually means that she got out into the traffic recently, without any prior training, in the well founded hope - since everyone else does the same - that she will learn it quickly by doing it.

--

Last time a car in front of me had problem starting at the green light, the car just kept rolling backwards slowly and started to get dangerously near to me. I've asked my friend, who was traveling with me, to go and help the driver, because it looks like she can't do it alone. All went well, after he got back, he told me, that she just got the car from her husband and this is the first time she is driving manual, so she had trouble with starting on a slope, had to talk her through it.