Koh Tao murders: NGO appeals for funds to ensure justice

webfact

Sad state of affairs when NGO's need to beg money to ensure some kind of justice for the two scapegoats!!

The two guys have now been locked in a prison cell for more than 7 months, and the real culprits are enjoying their freedom protected by their connections.

A true disgrace and travesty of justice!!

Why would anyone want to donate money to murderers?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1st hearing for such a high profile case after almost 10 months? In my opinion this clearly shows they are playing for time so that worldwide interest in the case fades. Would make it easier to hang 2 patsies.
When the hearing was moved to December 26th last year, didn't you claim that was so they could try, convict, and execute the 2 Burmese defendants before the scheduled report from the UK inquest?

Nothing seems to have changed there then, does it ?

Not in the minds of the conspiracy theorists.

However, the first pre-trial hearing came and went, nobody was tried, convicted and executed.

First it was too fast and thus a conspiracy ; now it is too slow and thus...... Yet again, a conspiracy.

You have far more knowledge about trials ect than I do, but is it possible to be tried, convicted and executed at a pre-trial hearing ?

You'd have to ask the conspiracy theorists who said that was happening at the time.

Weren't your one of them?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sad state of affairs when NGO's need to beg money to ensure some kind of justice for the two scapegoats!!

The two guys have now been locked in a prison cell for more than 7 months, and the real culprits are enjoying their freedom protected by their connections.

I wouldn't so I wont go to Koh Tao.

However, the first pre-trial hearing came and went, nobody was tried, convicted and executed.

First it was too fast and thus a conspiracy ; now it is too slow and thus...... Yet again, a conspiracy.

You have far more knowledge about trials ect than I do, but is it possible to be tried, convicted and executed at a pre-trial hearing ?

You'd have to ask the conspiracy theorists who said that was happening at the time.

Did they ? can you show me 1 post were someone said they thought the Burmese would be tried, convicted and executed before they even went on trial.

Or have you slipped into making ridiculous statements with nothing to back them up..

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wouldn't so I wont go to Koh Tao.

Did they ? can you show me 1 post were someone said they thought the Burmese would be tried, convicted and executed before they even went on trial.

Or have you slipped into making ridiculous statements with nothing to back them up..

"...the lads will die by lethal injection before the year ends if not soon next year." (that was on 2014-12-20)

That's not from some random person, it's from the defense team, or rather the MWRN, the ones asking for money here (and then); evidently they are not above gilding the lily (to put it mildly) to that end.

Not sure many people would.

Who are the murderers?

Not a good look when you have to beg to get money to fight a case that as far as the RTP would consider an open and shut case, mind that's their opinion , on past experience they could be so far off the mark that they wouldn't have a clue who committed the murders and personally when a senior officer declares that the DNA isn't Asian I would have to say that once again the RPT couldn't solve the case of a missing shit house roll, the Burmese boys need the best legal representation they can muster because one thing is for sure the RPT cannot afford egg on face in front of a international audience, this they don't want, so they will pull out all stops to win. coffee1.gif

That's interesting, a senior officer declared the DNS was not Asian? How come these kids are still locked up? When did that happen? I've always thought the kids were just scapegoats and a cover up for the piss-poor police work but this is epic information

I have no idea if they are guilty or innocent. I do know they are illegal immigrants, suspects in a horrific murder and therefore not likely to get bail. (Even though the Thai justice system usually grants bail for just about anything).

They are also men, not kids, lads, teenagers, youths or any other noun that might solicit sympathy.

We all know the Thai justice system is subject to vagaries and that the police investigations were appallingly carried out especially with all sorts saying all sorts to the media. But, the suspects are grown men.

About them being illegal immigrants. I thought they were charged with that but proved they were legal. Have they been found guilty of that?

Not a good look when you have to beg to get money to fight a case that as far as the RTP would consider an open and shut case, mind that's their opinion , on past experience they could be so far off the mark that they wouldn't have a clue who committed the murders and personally when a senior officer declares that the DNA isn't Asian I would have to say that once again the RPT couldn't solve the case of a missing shit house roll, the Burmese boys need the best legal representation they can muster because one thing is for sure the RPT cannot afford egg on face in front of a international audience, this they don't want, so they will pull out all stops to win. coffee1.gif

That's interesting, a senior officer declared the DNS was not Asian? How come these kids are still locked up? When did that happen? I've always thought the kids were just scapegoats and a cover up for the piss-poor police work but this is epic information

I have no idea if they are guilty or innocent. I do know they are illegal immigrants, suspects in a horrific murder and therefore not likely to get bail. (Even though the Thai justice system usually grants bail for just about anything).

They are also men, not kids, lads, teenagers, youths or any other noun that might solicit sympathy.

We all know the Thai justice system is subject to vagaries and that the police investigations were appallingly carried out especially with all sorts saying all sorts to the media. But, the suspects are grown men.

About them being illegal immigrants. I thought they were charged with that but proved they were legal. Have they been found guilty of that?

I think it was reported in the news that one of the two had papers.

"...the lads will die by lethal injection before the year ends if not soon next year." (that was on 2014-12-20)

That's not from some random person, it's from the defense team, or rather the MWRN, the ones asking for money here (and then); evidently they are not above gilding the lily (to put it mildly) to that end.

Sadly for you I am not prepared to click on some randon link that has no names attached to it.

By the way I asked for posts that asked for people saying they would be tried convicted and execute before the trial, no idea what you link will lead too but it certainly wasn't what was requested.

Funny thing is if the Burmese are convicted will any of you that are so desperate for them to be found guilty have any harsh words for Mon and the rest of his family for employing illegal immigrants ?

No, didn't think so.

Sadly for you I am not prepared to click on some randon link that has no names attached to it.

By the way I asked for posts that asked for people saying they would be tried convicted and execute before the trial, no idea what you link will lead too but it certainly wasn't what was requested.

Funny thing is if the Burmese are convicted will any of you that are so desperate for them to be found guilty have any harsh words for Mon and the rest of his family for employing illegal immigrants ?

No, didn't think so.

"Sadly for you I am not prepared to click on some randon link that has no names attached to it."

Why should I feel sad about you showing yourself to be militantly ignorant? It's hilarious, if anything.

"By the way I asked for posts that asked for people saying they would be tried convicted and execute before the trial,"

The link leads to a post in ThaiVisa saying they would be executed before the trial. rolleyes.gif

No, didn't think so.

"Sadly for you I am not prepared to click on some randon link that has no names attached to it."

Why should I feel sad about you showing yourself to be militantly ignorant? It's hilarious, if anything.

"By the way I asked for posts that asked for people saying they would be tried convicted and execute before the trial,"

The link leads to a post in ThaiVisa saying they would be executed before the trial. rolleyes.gif

Ah I get it, still playing your games. Being tried convicted and executed before their trial, is the same as being killed in jail ?

So once again you show your ignorance by trying to be clever and failing yet again.

jd now at least we know you have no problem with breaking the law. And you claim to work with the military. All starting fit now.

Ah I get it, still playing your games. Being tried convicted and executed before their trial, is the same as being killed in jail ?

So once again you show your ignorance by trying to be clever and failing yet again.

jd now at least we know you have no problem with breaking the law. And you claim to work with the military. All starting fit now.

My goodness, you are special, aren't you?

"...the lads will die by lethal injection before the year ends if not soon next year."

Being killed by lethal injection is the execution method in Thailand. :rolleyes:

"So once again you show your ignorance by trying to be clever and failing yet again." yes, very special indeed; but by all means, continue digging yourself down that hole.

"...the lads will die by lethal injection before the year ends if not soon next year."

Being killed by lethal injection is the execution method in Thailand. rolleyes.gif

"So once again you show your ignorance by trying to be clever and failing yet again." yes, very special indeed; but by all means, continue digging yourself down that hole.

So once again were does it say they will be tried convicted and executed before their trial.

Please please try to work out this bit about being TRIED AND CONVICTED BEFORE THE TRIAL.

You just keep on posting one lot of nonsense after another that has nothing to do with them being TRIED AND CONVICTED BEFORE THE TRIAL.

Apetly -

Agreed. However, the majority of the people that they are attempting to protect are not legal.

If being here lawfully matters to someone....

So according to the RTP glee club, people who are here illegally should not be protected by the law??

Which means, that the poor people in the death-camps in the south are indeed outside the system, when it comes to their basic human rights, unless some well meaning NGO's fight their case, and unless the people profiting from this disgraceful trade are caught with their pants down!!

BTW one of the B2 was here legally!!.........................coffee1.gif

Apetly -

Agreed. However, the majority of the people that they are attempting to protect are not legal.

If being here lawfully matters to someone....

So according to the RTP glee club, people who are here illegally should not be protected by the law??

Which means, that the poor people in the death-camps in the south are indeed outside the system, when it comes to their basic human rights, unless some well meaning NGO's fight their case, and unless the people profiting from this disgraceful trade are caught with their pants down!!

BTW one of the B2 was here legally!!.........................coffee1.gif

Absolutely not what I said. It was an extension on the thoughts of others.

BTW - if you look back over the years of my posts, I am not a fan of the police overall. I just think that they have the killers in custody in this case :)

Being killed by lethal injection is the execution method in Thailand. rolleyes.gif

So once again were does it say they will be tried convicted and executed before their trial.

Please please try to work out this bit about being TRIED AND CONVICTED BEFORE THE TRIAL.

You just keep on posting one lot of nonsense after another that has nothing to do with them being TRIED AND CONVICTED BEFORE THE TRIAL.

The quoted material from the link is where it was stated by the NGO.

In the thread about the first hearing being moved up from February to December 26th is where members of the forum made that claim. I think you were one who made the claim as well as several others. One admitted to it in this thread

In the thread about the first hearing being moved up from February to December 26th is where members of the forum made that claim. I think you were one who made the claim as well as several others. One admitted to it in this thread

You will find at no time I have claimed they would be tried and convicted before any trial took place.

It's remarkable how clutching at straws doesn't impede your work with the shovel. :rolleyes:

If you'd stop being hysterical for a second you may realize that to be tried there has to be a trial in the first place, what you are asking for now is, to use your own words, a load of nonsense.

The issue here is people, as the one I quoted, claiming that they would be executed before a trial took place. I quoted that person because he is working for the MWRN in swaying public opinion in order to get money for the cause, which brings things into the topic of the thread.

You will find at no time I have claimed they would be tried and convicted before any trial took place.

When I am home and have finished proofreading someone's thesis, I will look. The issue of course, being that when the hearing was the from February to December 26th, people thought it was the trial.

Again the link provided by AleG shows such a claim from the very organization that this thread is about.

jd

It's remarkable how clutching at straws doesn't impede your work with the shovel. rolleyes.gif

If you'd stop being hysterical for a second you may realize that to be tried there has to be a trial in the first place, what you are asking for now is, to use your own words, a load of nonsense.

The issue here is people, as the one I quoted, claiming that they would be executed before a trial took place. I quoted that person because he is working for the MWRN in swaying public opinion in order to get money for the cause, which brings things into the topic of the thread.

I thought a hoe would be more apt for you.

Someone, you or jd claimed that they would be tried convicted and executed before a trial took place. Now you seem to have finally realized they can not be tried convicted and executed before a trial takes place you try to shift your silliness onto me.

Sadly it doesn't work.

Plenty posts here from the story about when they moved the first hearing to 26 December 2014 as well

Yes thanks for that. Very informative.

Dying by lethal injection would have taken place after a trial not before it. So someone claiming these NGO'S are playing with the cards seem to be doing a lot of shuffling themselves.

Someone, you or jd claimed that they would be tried convicted and executed before a trial took place. Now you seem to have finally realized they can not be tried convicted and executed before a trial takes place you try to shift your silliness onto me.

Sadly it doesn't work.

"Someone, you or jd claimed that they would be tried convicted and executed before a trial took place."

Either you are very confused or telling porkies to try to save face.

Here's what was actually said:

Notice jdinasia saying "the first pre-trial hearing came and went, nobody was tried, convicted and executed." which is very much the opposite of what you claim he (and me) said "jd claimed that they would be tried convicted and executed before a trial took place."

Then I provided a quote of someone (working for the MWRN) actually claiming they would be executed before the trial.

Sadly it doesn't work.

"Someone, you or jd claimed that they would be tried convicted and executed before a trial took place."

Notice jdinasia saying "the first pre-trial hearing came and went, nobody was tried, convicted and executed." which is very much the opposite of what you claim he (and me) said "jd claimed that they would be tried convicted and executed before a trial took place."

Then I provided a quote of someone (working for the MWRN) actually claiming they would be executed before the trial.

Now you are full on lying.

This is the full post you are referring too.

Please point out the quote were by it says they will be killed before a trial. I have read the whole thing and it doesn't even mention the trial.

"Zaw Lin Oo and Wai Phyo, both 21 years young, happy, physically small (one only 144 cm or 4 '8" short; the other barely 152 cm or 60 inches high), hard-working poor but lyrical lads who toiled 16 hour-long shifts with one day off when they'd sit on the rocky-sandy beach of Kho Tao (a spit of an island an hour’s boat ride off shore Thailand) playing their guitar and drinking away their loneliness, far away from family who depend on them as their sole income earners.

If the lawless and ruthless powerful of the island have their way, the lads will die by lethal injection before the year ends if not soon next year. Actual murderers, who are the sons and daughters of the political elite, never go to trial. This is not a made-up drama; it’s a real life disaster in the making.

If anyone has any evidence or information suggesting or confirming that UK police or UK officials took statements from witnesses (public, friend, anyone) to the murder incident or other Koh Tao related incidents who may be either in UK/Thailand please contact Andy Hall ([email protected]) now, don’t wait for tomorrow, please.

The defense fund, MWRN Koh Tao Justice still needs your donations to support the defense and accused support team in our work. The TVF monitors will not allow me to post the website but a simple Google Search will get you there.

A few of your suggestions have been good; I am and have been monitoring them for months. We need much more.

Using my own 40+ years-long court trial experiences (more than 200 criminal trials as lead counsel and supervising counsel for more than 2,000 others), I have arrived at the unwaveringly firm opinion that they are INNOCENT of the rape and murder charges foisted upon them.

But the powerful island leaders sense it to be in their own best interest to ignore actual justice in favor of "Thai-style" justice. Not even substantial justice. The lads are to be killed, sacrificed, for the wholly self-serving interest of the elite and the powerful-ones: Their own financial/political designs.

“Awe, … come on now ...” some of you are saying. “This just does not happen.” Sadly it does and it is happening now.

The lads will be executed as sacrificial lambs as others have before them – unless you and I can stop them. See a brief web history here https://app.box.com/...rf9oiqxwr3p87lm

I will not respond to public postings unless they are informative. If you have questions you can send them to Andy Hall or send me an IM over this service. As for the others who are not informative, not funny, not helpful, and down right insanely rude at times, please post on other topics"..

Please point out the quote were by it says they will be killed before a trial. I have read the whole thing and it doesn't even mention the trial.

"If the lawless and ruthless powerful of the island have their way, the lads will die by lethal injection before the year ends if not soon next year. Actual murderers, who are the sons and daughters of the political elite, never go to trial. This is not a made-up drama; it’s a real life disaster in the making."

I cut the non relevant text out.

I don't have a box of crayons to explain it in simpler terms, so this would have to suffice.

Since the trial was scheduled to begin after the middle of 2015, and the post was made in December 20th 2014 (are you following?), claiming that they would be executed before the end of 2014 (that is to say within 10 days of that post) is to claim they would be killed before the trial. Got it now?

No, of course not. rolleyes.gif

"If the lawless and ruthless powerful of the island have their way, the lads will die by lethal injection before the year ends if not soon next year. Actual murderers, who are the sons and daughters of the political elite, never go to trial. This is not a made-up drama; it’s a real life disaster in the making."

I don't have a box of crayons to explain it in simpler terms, so this would have to suffice.

Since the trial was scheduled to begin after the middle of 2015, and the post was made in December 20th 2014 (are you following?), claiming that they would be executed before the end of 2014 (that is to say within 10 days of that post) is to claim they would be killed before the trial. Got it now?

Ah right now I understand. How foolish of me to forget that December the 26, 2014 falls in the middle of 2015.

Now do you realize not everyone forgets the trial date was 26th December 2014. But you carry on peddling your lies.

Ah right now I understand. How foolish of me to forget that December the 26, 2014 falls in the middle of 2015.

Now do you realize not everyone forgets the trial date was 26th December 2014. But you carry on peddling your lies.

You really have no clue, do you? the December 26th court date was a pre-trial hearing.

Do you understand what "pre-trial" means? It's something that happens before the trial... dang, I may actually have to go and get a box of crayons after all.

Heres another one that mentions the case has been rescheduled dated the 27th December 2014. Rescheduled from when ? the middle of 2015.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koh-Tao-murder-trial-rescheduled-30250774.html

You carry on with your lies At least jd enjoys them.

Heres a snippet of the link.

"

The trial of two Myanmar men accused of murdering a pair of British tourists on Koh Tao will be heard in the second half of next year, after the Koh Samui Court agreed yesterday to postpone the case.

"

So the judge agreed to postpone the case. Was that the case he started to judge on the 26th of December or the case he started to judge in June 2015 ?

Archived