Non-immigrant O

Some of the banks just don't want farlong accounts because of the extra paperwork the government imposes on such accounts.

Kasikorn and Bangkok Banks are two that don't seem to mind and the essential ingredient is somekind of a permanent address. They readily accept the accounts.

Some of the banks just don't want farlong accounts because of the extra paperwork the government imposes on such accounts.

Kasikorn and Bangkok Banks are two that don't seem to mind and the essential ingredient is somekind of a permanent address. They readily accept the accounts.

Siam Commercial Bank too :o

Regarding Bank Accounts..

Further to WASH and the good Doctor Pat Pong (gynocologist I presume?), I too can vouch for Kasikorn Bank (formerly Thai Farmer Bank). I showed them my Non Immigrant B Visa and told them I was an international businessman who was conducting business in Thailand and not 'employed', thus no work permit. That seemed to do the trick. But that was a few years ago, and things are changing fast here as we all know. I agree it may be the cut of your jib and a bit of luck on the day, definitely don't kick up a fuss if the answer is no..just nod and then try to amend the request accordingly. Dress the part too..don't walk into the branch looking like a Kao San 'farang kee nok.' Doesn't work in one branch try another. Central Bangkok best bet, I reckon. Good luck.

Kasikorn and Bangkok Banks are two that don't seem to mind and the essential ingredient is somekind of a permanent address.  They readily accept the accounts.

Siam Commercial Bank too :o

Don't bother with Siam Bank. They refused to open account for me w/o working papers. Don't waste your time with them

Don't bother with Siam Bank. They refused to open account for me w/o working papers. Don't waste your time with them

There is a Siam City Bank and a Siam Commercial Bank. Be aware that branch banks policy can differ from one to another so if you go to the next branch around the corner they might welcome your account. Also branch managers have a good deal of authority and can write account verification letters for immigration.

First time I arrived in LOS I just had a non-imm B, no work permit (yet) but a Thai friend who worked in one of the branches of a Thai-bank.

He came after office hours to my office, brought all the blank forms needed, got my signature and a few days later delivered the saving book as well as an ATM-card.

There is a Siam City Bank and a Siam Commercial Bank. Be aware that branch banks policy can differ from one to another so if you go to the next branch around the corner they might welcome your account. Also branch managers have a good deal of authority and can write account verification letters for immigration.

Siam Commercial Bank is quite ok