Credit card not accepted on Betfred

I registered on Betfred website and tried to deposit some funds in order to bet on the website but after I had entered all the details, the funds deposit failed. After many telephone conversations with the Betfred helpline, they finally told me that the card issuer (Bangkok Bank) is stopping me from using the card on the website. Has anyone else ever come across this problem?

Since gambling is illegal in Thailand I'm not overly surprised the BKK Bank is blocking your transaction to a gambling site.

Discussion of illegal activities is not permitted by the forum rules, so please limit any comments to denied credit card transactions.

Since gambling is illegal in Thailand I'm not overly surprised the BKK Bank is blocking your transaction to a gambling site.

Discussion of illegal activities is not permitted by the forum rules, so please limit any comments to denied credit card transactions.

Since you can gamble at the race tracks in both Bangkok and Chiang Mai, the statement that "gambling is illegal in Thailand" is not factually correct.

Edit: Even in countries where online gambling is permitted, some credit card issuing banks block transactions to gambling sites for reasons of fraud prevention and for reasons of keeping their patrons from racking up large balances than cannot be repaid.

Edited by TheAppletons