Pizza

splodger

Not sure about the "best" but for the best VALUE, you can't beat the 99 baht ham cotto pizza promotion going on now (and seemingly indefinitely) at Pizza Pizza at the Avenue open mall.

Seriously decent thin crust Italian pizza, good flavor crust, tomato sauce not too sweet, no comment on the cheese but seems decent enough, surprising amount of meat. Basically a giveaway. Tax added and drinks aren't cheap though.

Edited by Jingthing

Lucky Donna Restaurant, off Soi 5 Pratumnak. he is a Itailian Chef and his Salami cheese pizza includes Imported Cheese and Salami only 190 baht.

He is on Tripadvisor for phone and a map. Between walking Street and Jomtien!

Not sure about the "best" but for the best VALUE, you can't beat the 99 baht ham cotto pizza promotion going on now (and seemingly indefinitely) at Pizza Pizza at the Avenue open mall.

99 baht?

And what about the 69 baht pizza at New-York restaurant? next to Insomnia on Walking Street. wink.png

99 baht?

And what about the 69 baht pizza at New-York restaurant? next to Insomnia on Walking Street. wink.png

I saw that the other day when I made one of my very infrequent trips down there. I'd be interested in hearing if anybody has tried it.

Seriously decent thin crust Italian pizza, good flavor crust, tomato sauce not too sweet, no comment on the cheese but seems decent enough, surprising amount of meat. Basically a giveaway. Tax added and drinks aren't cheap though.

Yes and no. It's certainly the best value at the moment that I know of, but their previous Marguerita offer tasted more natural and at about 75B was a very good deal. Personally I dont really like the "ham" they use: "shoulder" is the word that would be used in the UK (it's that reconstituted stuff generally used for sandwiches). But what do you expect for 99B?

When I tried it (prior to my diet) I paid 99B net with no tax or service added and if I wasnt on a diet I suppose I would still be going there from time to time.

My vote for best pizza (ie an amalgam of best taste and best value for the money) goes to the pizza buffet at Loaf in Soi Lengkee.

Every Wednesday evening, 249B (last time I went, which is too long ago). sad.png

The Loaf I thought their pizza was fairly good but not great

The problem with the Loafs 249 all you can eat is you can only eat so much pizza in one sitting.

If you were really hungry and you wanted to make a pig of yourself then I would agree the Loaf is the

best pizza value in Pattaya..

New York pizza is great absolutely great pizza.

Never had a complaint with their pizza.Its been great every time.

A large New York Pizza extra thick crust is enough for 3 or 4 meals

Super fast delivery.

The only down side is the toppings are expensive...

Pizza Pizzas 69 Baht special was a great deal while it lasted..The pizza was mediocre but for 69 Baht

who cares..

Edited by fforest1

Yes and no. It's certainly the best value at the moment that I know of, but their previous Marguerita offer tasted more natural and at about 75B was a very good deal. Personally I dont really like the "ham" they use: "shoulder" is the word that would be used in the UK (it's that reconstituted stuff generally used for sandwiches). But what do you expect for 99B?

When I tried it (prior to my diet) I paid 99B net with no tax or service added and if I wasnt on a diet I suppose I would still be going there from time to time.

I am no expert on Italian deli meat but what you implied is that the cotto ham there is like bologna. I don't think so. It seemed a more pure simple boiled ham product thinly sliced of course. Not suggesting it's ambrosial but you paint it as awful. BTW I don't like bologna but I associate it with cheap sandwiches and I understand there is such a thing as gourmet bologna.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Jingthing

Their web page has their complete menu.

Thanks

I rephrase it

I would like to know what is in that pizza in the pic the guy posted ?

because it don't look like anything special to me, maybe it is ?

Not the cheapest but certainly the best can be had at Pastrami on Rye.

Where exactly is this place? A Google Maps search shows it being located on Jomtien Beach road around soi 7 AND it's listed as "permanently closed." [The owner may want to get on that...or maybe business is good enough not to care.]

PS Never mind...Trip Advisor seems to have it listed.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Thanks

I rephrase it

It's their 14" pepperoni thin crust pizza.

Thanks

I rephrase it

It's their 14" pepperoni thin crust pizza.

Ok

Thank you for your time.

Not the cheapest but certainly the best can be had at Pastrami on Rye.

Where exactly is this place? A Google Maps search shows it being located on Jomtien Beach road around soi 7 AND it's listed as "permanently closed." [The owner may want to get on that...or maybe business is good enough not to care.]

PS Never mind...Trip Advisor seems to have it listed.

Their original shop was on Jomjtien Beach road. They moved to their present location on Thapraya road (near the intersection with Theprisit road, a couple of months ago.

I am no expert on Italian deli meat but what you implied is that the cotto ham there is like bologna. I don't think so. It seemed a more pure simple boiled ham product thinly sliced of course. Not suggesting it's ambrosial but you paint it as awful. BTW I don't like bologna but I associate it with cheap sandwiches and I understand there is such a thing as gourmet bologna.

No, I was talking about the boiled ham you mention which is what we in the UK call shoulder and put in a half-decent sandwich. But that boiled ham is generally made from reformed and reconstituted pieces rather than from a proper piece of meat.

Bologna is a ground-up homogenous product that is more similar to what a Brit would call luncheon meat. Though I dare say that superior versions exist, as you mention.

The ham used on that pizza is definitely like the sort of thing I would expect to find in a UK "ham sandwich". But it's a clear step down from the cured ham they put on pizzas at Loaf, for example. But of course the price is much lower also. At 99B I have no complaints, as I mentioned.

Shoulder (ie reformed bits of boiled meat pressed into shape):

ham12-670x280.jpg

"Proper" boiled ham (one large joint):

caribbean-ham-recipe-2-505x336.jpg

Air-cured ham (speaks for itself):

Parma%20Ham.jpg

Bologna (rather you than me):

301.jpg

No it definitely did not look like your picture of shoulder.

Again, for whatever reason, I think you are trying to make the product they do serve seem to be worse than it actually is.

No I wouldn't rush out to buy a kilo of it, but served on their pizza, it's nice, at 99 baht very nice.

No I haven't had that on a pizza anywhere else before, but it's their promotion now, and I think worth a try.

I never liked Loaf Pizza at all, so tastes vary. My experience was their crust did not resemble pizza crust. More like just bread.

New York Pizza, my current impression is their tomato sauce got too sweet but haven't tried lately.

Pizza Pizza happens to be an Italian style. It's not the only style I like, but one of them. I don't like Italian style crust that is crisp as a cracker though, and there's isn't.

A place I thought had fabulous calzone ... the Italian run Italian wood fire oven place on Pattaya Klang, south side, between 2nd and Beach.

Edited by Jingthing