Marriage to hi so girl

PeVee1st

Knew a guy thirty years ago that married into a wealthy Thai-Chinese family. He went to live in the family compound in Yannawa after the blow-out wedding, the wife had a kid and lost interest completely in both it and her husband. She started clubbing every night, and he ended up living in a caravan back in the UK.

If money is an issue now, it will only get worse as time goes on.

Edited by asdecas
  • Like 1

- Experience for life, sorry for your son. Could be good to hold some stocks for the time after.

The Son will not get enough income in Thailand to stay longterm in a "Hi So / but no money" partnership.

Hmm. I have explained several times, no such creature as HiSo. Though have a more clear understanding on the meaning, INSECURE.

This isn't sociology, some people have just been in the heat too long. Ex-pats included. This is mental health issue. Re-tune the drama.

Everybody sounds drunk at this altitude.

Hmm. I have explained several times, no such creature as HiSo. Though have a more clear understanding on the meaning, INSECURE.

This isn't sociology, some people have just been in the heat too long. Ex-pats included. This is mental health issue. Re-tune the drama.

Everybody sounds drunk at this altitude.

I'll take a hit of whatever it is you got. After that will I understand what you posted?

"I think you and I draw a different line on the definition."

OK, how do you define it then?

Because typically wealthy families with long history or those with titles are what one would usually consider HISO. There are members of the Singh family which is a very HiSo family that have members married to foreigners.

There have been some very high society weddings in the papers over the past few years that were mixed marriages.

Their are only three Indian families that are part of the Thailand Economy. They are the Narula's, Srichawla and the Shah family. Most of the Singh's in Thailand run money lending and tailor businesses.

The Narula and Srichawla families do not mix up with farangs in marriages. I know all 3 families and never came once across a farang.

HiSo is a bad word to use really.

I know many well off Chinese Thai's why control three of the banks in Thailand and as well many other businesses but they do not intermarry with foreigners, except one Banker that married a Swedish woman

• Like 1

Blackfox you are so wrong. I know plenty. Although divorced start with the number one daughter. Then for kicks go to the Pacific City Club...where many of the members who have farang husbands are very much upper thai crust. Or pick up a copy of the Thai Tatteler magazine and see photos of the many mixed couples. Usualy if the mother of the bride or grandmother is a kuhnying , they are hiso.

Yes you are right but many of those farangs hold Thai citizenship. They become Thai problem solved.

"I think you and I draw a different line on the definition."

OK, how do you define it then?

Because typically wealthy families with long history or those with titles are what one would usually consider HISO. There are members of the Singh family which is a very HiSo family that have members married to foreigners.

There have been some very high society weddings in the papers over the past few years that were mixed marriages.

Their are only three Indian families that are part of the Thailand Economy. They are the Narula's, Srichawla and the Shah family. Most of the Singh's in Thailand run money lending and tailor businesses.

The Narula and Srichawla families do not mix up with farangs in marriages. I know all 3 families and never came once across a farang.

HiSo is a bad word to use really.

I know many well off Chinese Thai's why control three of the banks in Thailand and as well many other businesses but they do not intermarry with foreigners, except one Banker that married a Swedish woman

There are about 65,000 Indian Thai with full citizenship. However, there are about 400,000 persons of Indian origin settled in Thailand mainly in the cities.
Notable people[edit]
Savika Chaiyadej - Thai soap actress
Napakpapha Nakprasitte - Thai actress and Model
Ratana Pestonji - Thai film director, producer, screenwriter and cinematographer
Vidya Dhar Shukla - Chief Hindu priest of Thailand
Ammar Siamwalla - One of Thailand's most prominent economists
Santi Thakral - Member of the Privy Council of King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand
Nishita Shah - Businesswoman
Aloke Lohia - Billionaire Businessman
Lek Nana - Businessman and Politician
Kalayil Thomas Varghese - Notable Bureaucrat in Thailand
Chalida Vijitvongthong - Thai actress and model
Wiki

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They are keeping 2 million baht Sinsod and you still think this is a Hiso family. Sorry gold diggers. 2million just for show maybe if both families are well to do or slightly older couple that both have a career. But younger couples just out of University starting a life would not need 2million to give a wealthy family.

Sounds like gold digger 101.

Dear OP,

You haven't mentioned what your son thinks.

I had a close friend marry a very hiso Thai girl and it was the same. He got made fun of all time and he pretty much went broke with a business he went into/ joined with them.......

What is a hiso Thai girl? I have never heard of this expression. If he means a high class Thai girl, the girls familly would never ask for money and would pay thier daughters wedding expenses.I don't think any such girl would ever consider a foreigner unless he was very wealthy and had a bit of class too.

Ahhhhh yes ..yes indeed...lust can make you blind.......while love can make you bankrupt.

Just for fun you should get in his face and their face also and make an issue out of it and stop the payments and the money flow from him to them...and see where it goes.....just for fun that is.

Cheers

If she is truly Hi So girl she will never ever marry your son. end of story.

maybe her view of hi so is able to eat at mcdonalds and not from street vendor.

wake up.

Sad that you suggest that eating at Macky D is more HiSo than the street vendor.

Give me the street vendor any day

• Like 1

There only thing to do about women who always want money and to be economically supported etc etc - if they are hi so or others, thai or other nationalities - kick tbeir greedy asses out!

If you want to sponsor something - then sponsor your local football club, your local hockeyclub, the Salvation Army or the Red Cross or anything similar. Everything is better than a greedy woman.

I have lived here for 15 years and I can tell you that you are being taken for a ride. Why are they not paying for the wedding

This sounds strange. Sounds like your girl is just borderline Middle Class if you are lucky. Be very careful You may be taken for a very expensive ride

YES he is being rolled ,seen this before ,he should go back to his own county ,just find nomal girl who ask for nothing ,when you 65 + and fancy young bird and you got the money for sure pay for it ,but when your young always free in my life ,yes now sorry to say i am 65+ ,but got 60 years free