What has become better here for us farangs?

I've seen nothing practical that's been implemented for our benefit but, then again, most of us have it pretty sweet here already.

We spend our money here whether they fawn over us or not so why should they make an effort.

We don't feature high on their list of priorities and, frankly, I don't think we should.

Those who feel they're under-appreciated or there's not enough red carpet being rolled out for them are invited to leave.

Fascinated by the arrogance of the question ! Most countries welcome Tourists because they come and spend money then go away...and hopefully come again and repeat the spending. Those farang who come nd stay in Thailand are a minority by comparison and the funds they spend decrease with time. Therefore any Govt. policy will naturally be aimed at enciuraging tourism. Long stay farang in a country with burgeoning population growth are not needed! Land is already being fractionalised within familes in agricultural districts so the idea that farang should be free to buy up is ridiculous!

Thailand has long had a tight door policy on immigration. That the Govt. should have new liberal policy especially for long stay farang is a joke.

And the objection to the legitimate ending of illegitimate manipulations and corrupt methods to stay in Thailand demonstrates exactly the good reason to NOT to pander to those who do so. And never think Thai are not aware that too many farang are social rejects from their home country who stay because of only that reason despite having an attitude of superiority.

If long stay farang want respect then display respect for the country and the people that "permits" you to stay! Many western regimes would have you gone long ago!

Hahaah and you too completely failed to come up with any anwser...

May i assume your answer is : Nothing sofar has improved for us ?

Can i ask you about your reply with the social reject from own country is that part referring to your self?

objection to the legitimate ending of illegitimate manipulations and corrupt methods to stay in Thailand ?? sorry did u overstay or what problem u got?

Firstly I apologise for a long delay to respond. Did I fail to answer? The ending of illegitimate graft methods and manipulation of processes I see as positive for "farang". A legitimate system that is clear cut is of advantage to those who are willing to submit to it. Only of disadvantage to those who are in a position to or necessarily willing pay the graft and thus support an expanding corruption.

I have been staying in Thailand for 13 years and in East Asia for 16 years. I travel in and out of Thailand for business. I have an annual extension of stay that has never cost me 1 setang more than the stated fee. And within hours I could exit to my home country if that was required but to the horror of my wife and daughter.

As a long stay visitor I see the aim of the current regime to remove corruption as a betterment for Thais. I see that as a of benefit for people such as myself. Infrastructure that works is useful to everybody surely? To look for special consideration for longstay farang ? To what benefit to Thailand? Do the home countries of long stay farang give special considerations/ concessions to Asians? Mine certainly does not!... In theory the law and rules are for all.

The social reject aspect? In that I refer to the beer bellied unattractive individuals who squat daily in bars drunkenly groping young hookers and smugly believe they have "made it" in life. That copiously visible numbers of those who would be likely shunned in their home country do nothing to enhance the image of farang in the minds of Thai. In fact they create attitudes that are the cause of problems for the majority of more respectful visitors in general. And done in a manner that presumes they are somehow superior ! To a degree where an underbelly industry thrives on them albeit that industry is a scar on Thailand.

I have come from a Western culture and so yes there are many things that frustrate me in life here. But it is my choice to stay as long as I am welcome. Over the years many things have made life easier. Mostly due to the available range of products across the board. Until recent times I have never seen a genuine attempt to improve infrastructure across the board. Real term legal recognition for rule abiding farang already is in place. For the others? Som num nah!

Thailand is bigger than seedy tourist towns and farang strongholds. And struggling Thais do not care squat about farang ! Why should they? Too many farang don't care squat about Thai. Sadly they come to a developing country and expect the same or more of a "life style" than from whence they came..but probably never had there either ! And now the threat of the same as whence they came is objectionable !? Real law, real systems, no under the table? The honey now comes with lemon ! LMAO !

I refer to the beer bellied unattractive individuals who squat daily in bars

Are you claiming that there are no such back in whatever utopia you come from?

There are people back in my homeland that make your society rejects upstanding pillars of society in comparison.

quote deleted to allow posting

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic