Premium (high octane) fuel availability in Cambodia.

Shurup

Hey folks, a quick question, I'm planning a bike trip to Cambodia (Siem Reap and Sihanookville) and I'm worrying about the high octane fuel availability. I can't put a regular stuff into my bike and I was told that it's mostly regular fuel everywhere.

As long as I can find a station with premium fuel every 100 km or so, I should be good to go. I can make about 200 km on a tank.

S man

How many days for the trip.... I bet you are going to come across those gas stations with the multi-colored bottles of gas as well. Trust you find the data..

thumbsup.gif

On the pegs

It will be about 6 days trip and I do remember those road side stalls with fuel bottles. Used them before with rental scooter there, but would prefer to stick to a full size stations this time.

Only ever found in Phnom Penh. And very scarce there.

Before leaving for Snooky and beyond I was advised to take octane booster with me, which I did, along with FI cleaner

That's an option, I was thinking of picking up a few bottles of octane booster when I was in Canada last time, but there were literally 3 dozens of different brands each claiming they're the only real booster. I got lost reading about them all and decided not to get any.

Any place in Thailand where I can buy octane booster?

We did Cambo first time when I lived in Jomtien. Bought it at the big name brand - Home something ? - hardware store on Sukhumvit across from Tesco Lotus.

Can buy now at Tesco and Big C in CNX, so am sure most stores have it

I've been to Cambodia many times and I have only found ,yellow petrol 92 Ron and red petrol 95 Ron.

You wont have any problem to find petrol stations within your reach, exept if you enter via Koh Kong , there is

about 120 Km from one station to the next one, on highway 48. Try to get an E-visa for Cambodia before you leave

Thailand to avoid some hassle on the border. I leave for Cambodia 8th June, maybe see you there. Have a nice ride.

AJ's probably right.

I always run the cheapest so not paying a lot of attention to premo.

Even if you had to use reg in a pinch ,

as long as you didn't lug it, (+throttle @ low-revs)

until it pings, no harm.

Do modern ignition systems even allow preignition / ping these days?

Dunno.

...but availability is ...so moot point.

Don't run over any snakes or anything else.

Well I took a bus this time again. Will check about fuel for the next trip.

At the border right now, got my stamps and everything went easy with e-visa.

I'm wondering though about the procedures when taking a vehicle through. Any pointers?

Well I took a bus this time again. Will check about fuel for the next trip.

At the border right now, got my stamps and everything went easy with e-visa.

I'm wondering though about the procedures when taking a vehicle through. Any pointers?

Reg. book in your name and passport, it's all you need.

Yes. But what I mean, do I park the bike then go get stamped out, and then come back and get the bike and ride trough? Or there is a different immigration channel to go through if you're with a vehicle?

Yes. But what I mean, do I park the bike then go get stamped out, and then come back and get the bike and ride trough? Or there is a different immigration channel to go through if you're with a vehicle?

It's easy, I just did it for the second time a couple of weeks ago. First you go to the Thailand exit visa side, the right hand side, and log your bike out of Thailand at station number five. I park my bike right in front of Thai Immigration. The price is 12 baht. Then take your bike to the other side, get your Cambodia visa for yourself or just get your stamp if you have an Evisa. Next down you will see a sign that says Customs, give them your passport and green book and they will give you a permit to drive your bike in Cambodia, no charge. Now you are good to go. Don't forget that you need some way to turn OFF your headlight or cover it during the day and don't forget to log your bike out with Cambodia customs when you make your return trip, there is a 10,000 baht fine for forgetting to do it. Also there will be plenty of touts giving you all of the instructions along the way, it's a piece of cake.