What I dislike in Don Mueang now.

Walk out of DM second floor following signs to the Amari hotel. You will go via walking bridge across the highway. Go down the steps to ground level and turn right.

There are a variety of Thai style, Thai prices, places to eat along there. Walk another five mins or so and you'll pass a big wat and come to a large 7/11 also normal prices.

Good way to kill a little time and eat at normal thai prices if you don't have a bunch of luggage to deal with.

That's too far away. At least 15 minute walk back to terminal and some may get lost and miss their flight. Particularly with the queues at security and half hour walk to gate 72. Geez.

DM is da shit (in the good sense) compared to Swampy. My record there is 4.5 minutes from exiting the plane to being seated in the bus that takes me to Mo Chit. At swampy it usually took between 40 and 60 minutes on a good day from plane to ARL.

Sure, DM is a bit run down and doesn't have as many shops and food outlets, but that's merely a minor annoyance for me, I'm happy enough with a 100 baht cup of coffee and some free internet for my laptop. I'm not there for shopping or eating shoddy food anyways, in & out as fast as possible make me a happy guy.

4.5 minutes. Rubbish. I am a fast walker from aircraft to exit, but 4.5 minutes is a huge exaggeration. If you want to be credible, pick a realistic time frame. Faster than Suvanbhumi? Sure. But no way its 4 minutes.

Silly food/drink prices with no alternatives (like in Suvarnabhumi) at a dismal worn out airport.

50 Baht for a lukewarm coke from the "fridge".

Time for 7/11 to move in !!!

Happy to avoid it.

Lets hope for a magic turn when terminal 2 opens.

There is a 7-11 at DMK. Got water there in January before a flight back home to Phuket. Main hallway in departures (I guess that's what you would call it) farther down than the KFC.

as KhunBenQ mentioned, the revamped Terminal2 will open in the not-so-far future. Let's wait til then. DMK as it is now, is more or less a makeshift operation....

The whole country is a make shift operation. Little will change as airports are seen as cash cows for the developers and therefore rentals are very high ensuring that the passengers are severely milked.

Obviously I overlooked some opportunities tongue.png

Must be hidden good because I had quite a while of spare time to walk around.

Its downstairs from the Check In, I think in a corner of arrivals.

I was limited in time on that trip, so I had to buy some things there and was satisfied, got, what I needed.

Some packs each of Spice blends for meat loaf and stew and nougat chocolate.

DM is da shit (in the good sense) compared to Swampy. My record there is 4.5 minutes from exiting the plane to being seated in the bus that takes me to Mo Chit. At swampy it usually took between 40 and 60 minutes on a good day from plane to ARL.

Sure, DM is a bit run down and doesn't have as many shops and food outlets, but that's merely a minor annoyance for me, I'm happy enough with a 100 baht cup of coffee and some free internet for my laptop. I'm not there for shopping or eating shoddy food anyways, in & out as fast as possible make me a happy guy.

4.5 minutes. Rubbish. I am a fast walker from aircraft to exit, but 4.5 minutes is a huge exaggeration. If you want to be credible, pick a realistic time frame. Faster than Suvanbhumi? Sure. But no way its 4 minutes.

Go rub(ish) yourself :-) You want proof? Well.... Yesterday I arrived at DM again and put my phone in my shirt pocket recording me passing thru the airport and uploaded it to youtube for your enjoyment

The video is 5 1/2 minute long from Pier2 all the way to the A1 bus.

This time I arrived at another pier than the usual Pier2, so I started the recording passing by Pier 2. So lets add 30 seconds to the total time to simulate going from the walkway out to the main corridor.

At immigration it was one guy ahead of me, and the processing was unusually slow, it took almost two minutes maybe because of me using my non-imm B visa instead of just a visa exempt as I did on my fastest run. So remove 1 minute from the total time.

So it adds up to 5 minutes in total - Not too far from my stated 4 1/2 minutes that you called a huge exaggeration. If I didn't carry a heavy carry-on bag and also had to let my wife keep up with me this time it could have been 30 seconds faster.

You do better than me with immigration. So far 30 minutes is the quickest I've made it through. Apart from that the rest of DM is okay even if the Air Asia gates could do with a refurb.

Do agree that walk to the 70s.. is a bear, just can't get up the courage to fake an injury and take those dare devil light blinking transport carts..facepalm.gif

I believe, I saw some signs, written on them -FREE OF CHARGE-

Possibly just look very sad and tired and beckon one down? thumbsup.gif

Go rub(ish) yourself :-) You want proof? Well.... Yesterday I arrived at DM again and put my phone in my shirt pocket recording me passing thru the airport and uploaded it to youtube for your enjoyment

The video is 5 1/2 minute long from Pier2 all the way to the A1 bus.

This time I arrived at another pier than the usual Pier2, so I started the recording passing by Pier 2. So lets add 30 seconds to the total time to simulate going from the walkway out to the main corridor.

At immigration it was one guy ahead of me, and the processing was unusually slow, it took almost two minutes maybe because of me using my non-imm B visa instead of just a visa exempt as I did on my fastest run. So remove 1 minute from the total time.

So it adds up to 5 minutes in total - Not too far from my stated 4 1/2 minutes that you called a huge exaggeration. If I didn't carry a heavy carry-on bag and also had to let my wife keep up with me this time it could have been 30 seconds faster.

My humblest apologies Sir, and I mean that sincerely.

Great video, and I stand corrected!

I rub(bish) myself in your honour, I do have respect for those that move through an airport with a purpose, instead of dawdling, standing still on the travelators and blocking the tops of escalators.

Next time please kindly get a better shot of the lass at the immigration desk, she looked kind of cute.

Foot now being removed from mouth :)

Archived