Time to ditch the road?

moonoi

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you will like it. The Stumpjumper has a well balanced geometry and you will be surprised how far you can get with 140mm suspension. This bike is going to want a bit more than Bangkok flat tracks, though. It won't be happy unless you give it plenty of roots and rocks to eat plus occasional jumps.

Cheers, CM-Expat

I think you will like it. The Stumpjumper has a well balanced geometry and you will be surprised how far you can get with 140mm suspension. This bike is going to want a bit more than Bangkok flat tracks, though. It won't be happy unless you give it plenty of roots and rocks to eat plus occasional jumps.

Cheers, CM-Expat

I plan to get my skills in order around peppermint and club 11 and once I have more confidence start looking further afield.

"Off road boring compered to roading"............ YOU MUST BE DOING IT WRONG!

Clearly you didn't bother to read past the beginning of the thread........

'moonnoi' I was clearly talking to the OP.... Who stated; "Problem for me is, I'm pure roadie, I have a hardtail MTB, but personally so far I've found it boring compared to the road. Maybe full sus would make it a different experience? I don't know, I'm not convinced."

when I reply to a topic if I simply make a statement it is aimed at the OP..... He, or she is the one that has posed the question..... right? If what I have to say is for someone else in the thread I will normally include a quote from there post.

Clearly you feel that hi-jacking a topic and taking it in the direction you feel it should go is OK......

Anyway...... Light-en-up! it wasn't meant to be taken as an attack on anyone...... Some of you people are rapped soooo tight!

'moonnoi' I was clearly talking to the OP.... Who stated; "Problem for me is, I'm pure roadie, I have a hardtail MTB, but personally so far I've found it boring compared to the road. Maybe full sus would make it a different experience? I don't know, I'm not convinced."

when I reply to a topic if I simply make a statement it is aimed at the OP..... He, or she is the one that has posed the question..... right? If what I have to say is for someone else in the thread I will normally include a quote from there post.

Clearly you feel that hi-jacking a topic and taking it in the direction you feel it should go is OK......

Anyway...... Light-en-up! it wasn't meant to be taken as an attack on anyone...... Some of you people are rapped soooo tight!

I am the OP :-)

The reason I mentioned that you hadn't read the rest of the thread, is because you'll notice that a couple of the more hardcore MTBers pointed out a few things about why I might feel that way, and the end result is I've ended up with a new FS MTB which I think also has a geometry more suited to me and will let me go faster on the trails.

Interesting thing I found, ok Peppermint Park isn't hard, but it allows me to do a back to back comparison between my old HT and the new FS bike. I felt more confident but slower riding around on the new bike, but when I got home and uploaded the data, I was over 25 seconds faster over the same lap on the new bike over the old one., and had way more fun as well.

I am the OP :-)

The reason I mentioned that you hadn't read the rest of the thread, is because you'll notice that a couple of the more hardcore MTBers pointed out a few things about why I might feel that way, and the end result is I've ended up with a new FS MTB which I think also has a geometry more suited to me and will let me go faster on the trails.

Interesting thing I found, ok Peppermint Park isn't hard, but it allows me to do a back to back comparison between my old HT and the new FS bike. I felt more confident but slower riding around on the new bike, but when I got home and uploaded the data, I was over 25 seconds faster over the same lap on the new bike over the old one., and had way more fun as well.

Ha ha..... Good news, I don't know why but I've always found it hard to understand why anyone who rides bikes, doesn't take too and enjoy offroad riding.

Have a blast.

Archived