Airasia Premium Flex ticket changes very expensive

WhiteCadillac

Just FYI

Airasia markets their Premium Flex aggressively, promising 2x free change of date/time and other OK benefits. Don't ever pick this ticket if you pick it mainly because of the "free change of time/date". Whenever changing for "free", the new dates thru their site directly look cheap, but when trying to change the dates, suddenly double in price, making the whole "free change" as expensive as buying a new ticket.

Avoid if you can. The other benefits, don't really add up to make it value. As you can pick and choose which upgrades you want to the basic ticket and make it cheaper.

Nok is a lot more civilized, for about the same fare. Lion couldn't be worse than AA, for less money; they were doing 390 to BKK a few days ago. BKK Airways is nice but not sure if it's worth 500 extra to get pumpkin chips and fake OJ in the lounge while kids are running around screaming. DMG gives you many transport options, like the 20 thb van to Mo Chit BTS if you simply walk out to the expressway.

Nok is a lot more civilized, for about the same fare. Lion couldn't be worse than AA, for less money; they were doing 390 to BKK a few days ago. BKK Airways is nice but not sure if it's worth 500 extra to get pumpkin chips and fake OJ in the lounge while kids are running around screaming. DMG gives you many transport options, like the 20 thb van to Mo Chit BTS if you simply walk out to the expressway.

you are wrong on every count. The Bangkok lounges are civilised and a wonderful place to park yourself while waiting for flight. Life is not always about saving 10 cents and drinking cheap beer and living in squalor . It's about quality of life as well

Edited by onthedarkside
unnecessary remark removed

you are wrong on every count. The Bangkok lounges are civilised and a wonderful place to park yourself while waiting for flight. Life is not always about saving 10 cents and drinking cheap beer and living in squalor . It's about quality of life as well

You tell him, Bro! :)

Yes, quality of life is better by being at the more convenient airport.

I stopped using AirAsia 3yrs ago. I am strictly a Bangkok Air flyer now (if the flight carrier option available) no messing about, the price is the price, no add ons, no check in charge and yes a fabulous lounge to eat and drink as much as you want. All in all Bk air is actually cheaper.

Did one flight to Bkk on Thai Airways and it was like taking the Chang Puak bus to Tha'ton; I thought it was going to disintegrate.

Bangkok Air.....its a no brainer.

If you are going to promote fares and use airport codes you should at least make sure they are correct. Thai Lion Air doesn't fly to BKK (Suvarnabhumi), but rather DMK (Don Mueang). The 390฿ fare you mentioned is from Chiang Rai to Bangkok not Chiang Mai. Thai Lion Air are also notorious for having virtually no seats available at their promotional rates, plus a super cramped cabin, that I found uncomfortable on the one hour flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. I am not trying to be hypercritical, but it is hard to read and understand posts if the airport codes and or acronyms are incorrect; "DMG gives you many transport options..."

I stopped using AirAsia 3yrs ago. I am strictly a Bangkok Air flyer now (if the flight carrier option available) no messing about, the price is the price, no add ons, no check in charge and yes a fabulous lounge to eat and drink as much as you want. All in all Bk air is actually cheaper.

Did one flight to Bkk on Thai Airways and it was like taking the Chang Puak bus to Tha'ton; I thought it was going to disintegrate.

Bangkok Air.....its a no brainer.

I agree 100%. on line check in print boarding passes. priced right

Air Asia is excellent for what it is - always bear in mind that they are a budget airline and you won't be disappointed. They aren't always cheaper, you always have to check, and when you want to make any changes to your booking, that's where they make their money. We fly based on price as a second consideration - more importantly to us the time of arrival. The way things have gone for us over the last year with connecting flights, their flights have been the best timed one for us.

We purposefully use Bangkok AIr after a trip to Europe or Australia - business class means a 40kg luggage allowance each and as we can check our bags all the way through to CM on Bangkok Air. We don't have to mess about with big heavy bags in Bangkok and as a bonus we don't have to pay the extra baggage fees. Makes up for the times when we have no luggage

Air Asia is excellent for what it is - always bear in mind that they are a budget airline and you won't be disappointed. They aren't always cheaper, you always have to check, and when you want to make any changes to your booking, that's where they make their money. We fly based on price as a second consideration - more importantly to us the time of arrival. The way things have gone for us over the last year with connecting flights, their flights have been the best timed one for us.

We purposefully use Bangkok AIr after a trip to Europe or Australia - business class means a 40kg luggage allowance each and as we can check our bags all the way through to CM on Bangkok Air. We don't have to mess about with big heavy bags in Bangkok and as a bonus we don't have to pay the extra baggage fees. Makes up for the times when we have no luggage

My travel agent informed me today that Bangkok Air has only economy class on flights from BKK to CNX, every day. Not true?

Edited by mesquite

Sorry - poorly explained. We're business class as far as Bangkok, then switch to economy for the final leg to CNX on Bangkok Air. The first time, we hadn't intended to get the free extra luggage allowance, we just didn't want to have to clear customs in BKK and thought we would be summoned to the desk and asked to pay for the extra 20kg each, which we were happy to do as it still would have been much cheaper than buying the 10kg of Lavazza coffee beans here. Hint; As per online shopping today, 250g at Tops 550 baht. 6 x1kg pack delivered to mam's door, a bit cheaper than last year ~ £50 or 1,260 baht. No, not a typo or calculation mistake. You can buy the 1kg bags for pretty much the same price when they're on special in Aus supermarkets. Just in case you didn't get that, for just over double what you pay at Tops, you get 6kg instead of 0.25kg. Not approaching expiry date or in any way a fake or inferior product, and not the cheap and nasty Lavazza, but the good stuff.

(Yes, I know you can get coffee beans here, and some of them are nice, but they aren't Lavazza. I don't smoke, drink or gamble. I like white chocolate and several good cups of coffee every day.)