Us Dollar Account with Thai Bank

Need to transfer USD from broker to broker but it has to go through a bank account in my name due to US anti money laundering laws etc. Online transfers seem to be limited with e.g.HSBC UK and have been previously told that my physical presence with ID is required for material sums by HSBC UK so I want to use a Thai bank rather than have to make trip to UK (or SG or HK) to open a USD account and then to make transfers.

Would like to know if I can transfer USD sums above the BoT reporting limit of USD 50k without a lot of paperwork (USD transfer in, USD transfer out no Baht conversion) with a USD denominated Thai bank account.

Any things I should know the bank might not tell me?.

Can open with retirement extension to Non O?

What are the banks looking for from me e.g min deposit, monthly pay in minimum etc. The way I want to use it i.e. just for occasional in-out USD transfers is not particularly beneficial/fee generating for a bank.

In anticipation of the 'ask the bank. response I will - but interested in independent experience.

• 4 weeks later...

a Thai bank rather than have to make trip to UK (or SG or HK) to open a USD account

in the case of Singapore with the likes of Citi bank, don't think you do have to make a trip to Singapore, you can do it on line