Most-practical Footwear For Thailand

Trevor

Always adidas slippers, those with spikes.

While in Pattaya, either slippers or barefoot for my 7kmx2 forth and back walk along the Jomtien.

When going to some official places, Sperry top deckers and long pants.

When going to the office, black italian shoes, with the set of Brooks Brothers suit, shirt and tie.

When going around the the town BKK, adidas sport shoes and socks.

Upcountry - arrive in sport shoes, then again adidas slippers.

:o left out the tennis shoes/trainers I have now ....

ClimaCool from Addidas ... sent to me from the US by my mom! They are kind of awesome! They are vented on the sides and underneath to let air flow! <useless in the rain as that flows too!>

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Bikenstocks! Come with their own arch support, are hard wearing (last for years) and I wear them nearly every day. If you buy the cheap reproductions, beware, they are still comfy but only last a brief period of time.

Take care of your feet and they take care of you!

I wear my Birks almost every day. I love them. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I have never found genuine ones in Phuket so buy myself a pair when I get to Singapore. They are not cheap though. I paid about 150 Sing for my current pair. Having said that, they last for years.

I wear good old Australian Thongs during the day and Joggers and socks when out at night. We Australians have now developed a new steel capped thong, very handy for keeping soi dogs in check. :o

post-5966-1157869300_thumb.jpg

:D:D

You could wear those newbies to the next ball, Bill. :D

I have many types of footware...my favourite being Boats that I can wear with no socks...I hate wearing socks......socks are horrible.

If I am wearing trainers then I go for the "no see" socks..

Otherwise I will wear Timberland boots...unfortunatley socks are mandatory with these.

But for chilling in the garden or by my pool...then flip flops are the order of the day.

Life is good when it does not matter if you dont wear socks....I have some expensive loafers that I brought from the UK...no socks required with these and Chinos if I am going out.

But in the UK..you have to wear socks...thank God for Marks and Spencer..they sell OK socks

I HATE SOCKS.

But on a girl they can look very sexy :o

Edited by ThaiPauly