Illegal Buildings In Walking Street

Rimmer

Illegal Buildings In Walking Street

00238.jpg

Pattaya officials and 12 operators have discussed the illegally built buildings in Walking Street after officials had ordered them to be demolished.

PATTAYA – May 12,2015 [PattayaDailyNews]; at Pattaya City Hall, Mr.Ronnakit Aekasing-deputy mayor of Pattaya- was accompanied with Mr.Itthowut Thitiworn-director of the engineering division of Pattaya-, a Lawyer of Pattaya and 12 operators who own buildings in Walking Street Pattaya to discuss the illegal extensions of the their buildings.

Previously, Pattaya officials had asked for the collaboration from the buildings owners to dismantle the illegal extensions within 45 days starting from the 17th April 2015.

Mr.Ronnakit said that parliament had ordered 101 buildings in Walking Street, South Pattaya to be dismantled to renovate Pattaya Beach according to the study case of JICA institution of Japan. However, this area is a famous tourist attraction in Pattaya.

According to the agreement of parliament, Pattaya officials had asked for clarification from the department of Public work Town & country planning about dismantling the buildings because the owners have the correct deeds.

Read more:http://pattayadailynews.com/illegal-buildings-in-walking-street/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2015-05-13

Officials paid off, co-owners members of the Police and military is anyone really expecting anything other than BS from officials ? The system is totally corrupt and to an outsider looking in all this verbal garbage they sprout is nothing but further justification to continue such practices. Not of course Walking street but many areas in Pattaya.

If this is to be a news worthy item then just report that all the illegal buildings have been demolished with their co-owners imprisoned for offering bribes and all the officials imprisoned for accepting bribes. (removed)

Edited by petercool
edited out general slur remark

You can't move forward until you can let go of the past. Think of walking street with one side open to the beach and the other covered with top notch clubs, gogos, rock and roll bars and restaurants.

But it could surely go in another direction if left uncontrolled.

My concern with them buildings is that many if not all are death traps if there were ever a fire in them...

Unfortunately the beach is not really reclaimable, best option is to knock them all down and build a big shopping mall with a Marina...

You can't move forward until you can let go of the past. Think of walking street with one side open to the beach and the other covered with top notch clubs, gogos, rock and roll bars and restaurants.

But it could surely go in another direction if left uncontrolled.

I'm thinking of it now. Top notch clubs on one side, hideous umbrellas blocking any sight of the beach on the other. A dream come true.

There is a legal concept called adverse possession, and it basically says that if I do something wrong (like build on your property), if you don't complain after a certain period of time, what I did illegally now becomes legal

This is what is going to happen with the illegal "improvements" on Walking Street, the lawyers will keep this cash cow paying them for years

There is a legal concept called adverse possession, and it basically says that if I do something wrong (like build on your property), if you don't complain after a certain period of time, what I did illegally now becomes legal

This is what is going to happen with the illegal "improvements" on Walking Street, the lawyers will keep this cash cow paying them for years

No idea concerning Thai law, but in all legal jurisdictions with which I am familiar, adverse possession cannot be claimed with respect to government property - which the beaches are according to the Thai constitution.

Actually the law on "beaches" here in Thailand relates to the "high water mark" which is what is considered to be the beach and is owned by HRM The King

Has nothing to do with the constitution, especially in a country that changes the constitution like some people change underwear

That is why hotels cannot legally restrict you from walking into the area that they may rope off for their guests use. So long as you are walking below the high water mark you are not trespassing and they cannot legally restrict you from entering or staying in that area