HSBC - Chinese currency collapse.

HSBC’s (Chief Economist) Stephen King said, "Forces beyond the Federal’ Reserve’s control, including the possibility that China’s economy and its currency could collapse. Weak commodity prices could also cause collapses in several emerging markets, as could continued strength in the US dollar"

http://www.businessinsider.sg/hsbcs-stephen-king-on-the-world-economy-2015-5/#.VVL_s_mqqkp

Doomsday predictions are nothing new. This article isn't just about the Chinese, but the entire world economy. Everyone has an agenda and this guy seems to be telling the US Fed that they should hold off on raising interest rates, no doubt for the benefit of the equity market (self-interest?). But it's never as bad as they say it's going to be. I for one still hope that the US Feds raise interest rates and soon.

for my belief the yuan will be soon accepted as one world reserve currency.

two countries are at risk malaysia and thailand for the strong dollar makes debt service very expensive. thailand is also exposed to massive private

houshold debts.

wbr

roobaa01

two countries are at risk malaysia and thailand for the strong dollar makes debt service very expensive. thailand is also exposed to massive private

houshold debts.

wbr

roobaa01

Most of that household debt is 'below the line' (and much of it mortgaged to Chinese-Thai money lenders).

Edited by Jip99

I'm not sure if you realize how outlandish your prediction is. Perhaps in the year 2215, but certainly not in our lifetimes. Anyone else care to predict what the world will be like in 200 years?

houshold debts.

wbr

roobaa01

Right with regard to Malaysia and Thailand, Forex always wins.

Edited by morrobay

I'm not sure if you realize how outlandish your prediction is. Perhaps in the year 2215, but certainly not in our lifetimes. Anyone else care to predict what the world will be like in 200 years?

I don't think he does. The chief economist of HSBC has just written the Chinese Currency may fail soon. I think the meaning of this thread was lost on the poor fellow.

china has increased its goldreserve to about 3.500 tons, it has founded an asian developing bank, it has abolished dollar payments with russia, india,

indonesia, brasil etc in order to make its currency laudable as reserve.

malaysia external debts account for 65 % of its forecasted gross domestic product, thailand 38 %.as the usd appreciated 13.5 % over the year

debt servicing becomes expensive. both countries depend heavily on foreign capital inflows, a sudden stop would put them into recession.

wbr

roobaa01

china has increased its goldreserve to about 3.500 tons, it has founded an asian developing bank, it has abolished dollar payments with russia, india,

indonesia, brasil etc in order to make its currency laudable as reserve.

malaysia external debts account for 65 % of its forecasted gross domestic product, thailand 38 %.as the usd appreciated 13.5 % over the year

debt servicing becomes expensive. both countries depend heavily on foreign capital inflows, a sudden stop would put them into recession.

wbr

roobaa01

Chinese currency vs USD. The point of the article from the head economist from HSBC, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation says one of the currencies may collapse. Which one?

If your opinion is better informed than the head economist from HSBC please let us know why.

Edited by lostoday

Here's my prediction the world as we know it will no longer exist and 200 is a generous time frame. It will not be a shortage of oil but of water. We keep pooping in our own nest raping the ocean and polluting the air. My guess is that in 50 yrs. everybody will be kaput except the Uber rich they will find a way to survive underground. Living like rats is what they deserve.

Edited by elgordo38

houshold debts.

wbr

roobaa01

"soon reserve currency" = giggle.gif

"strong dollar risk for Malaysia and Thailand" = do you have any idea how low the USD-denominated debt of both countries is? whistling.gif

Here's my prediction the world as we know it will no longer exist and 200 is a generous time frame. It will not be a shortage of oil but of water. We keep pooping in our own nest raping the ocean and polluting the air. My guess is that in 50 yrs. everybody will be kaput except the Uber rich they will find a way to survive underground. Living like rats is what they deserve.

and the poor will live happily ever after on the surface coffee1.gif