Best meal deals in town where they feed you well with quality under 300 baht?

Jingthing

But ... NO BUFFETS.

Total price ... NOT INCLUDING DRINKS / TAX / TIP

Not so much interested in short term PROMOTIONS

Yes if you want to mention such places up to 400 baht, go for it, I am truly easy.

Places where the food comes ... you go WOW.

The check comes and you think ... how do they do it!?!

I really don't think there are many such places, other than lower priced Thai food places where you order multiple dishes.

This isn't so much about Thai food.

I started this more for SELFISH reasons as I wonder if there are any other places like this that I don't know about?

OK, honestly, other than Thai food as mentioned, this is the pretty much the ONLY place in town where I get that double feeling ... WOW plus how do they do it.

My pick:

KOREAN RESTAURANT

in the same mall in North Pattaya off 2nd road that contains the Bibimbap chain.

There are actually four Korean restaurants in this mall.

The Bibibimbap chain, a BBQ across from it, a Korean sushi place and the place I am talking about called KOREAN RESTAURANT further into the mall opposite ANEGO Japanese restaurant.

What you get for between 220 and 300 baht?

These include a choice of four soup mains and also bibimbap.

All are good. The 300 baht choices are the fish soup and the beef "hangover" soup.

I recommend more the even cheaper options, the soft tofu soup or the bibimbap.

Including are six high quality banchan side dishes, always great, and somewhat different every time.

Also included a moderate sized portion of grilled fish, saba I think.

Also included ... purple rice.

Also included a wonderful spicy soup if you choose the bibimbap rice mix dish

Also included a large jug of cold water

Also included a generous portion of watermelon for dessert

Banchan will be refilled upon request

Ask for the food spicy if you want but be serious about it or they won't believe you.

This is not just a lot of food, it is GOOD QUALITY Korean food made for Korean tastes.

If you're looking for more of a dumbed down Korean food experience, you might try the bibimbap chain on the corner, not my thing though.

So that's my pick.

It's really my only pick for this topic.

What is your pick or picks?

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two great places in future park rangsit, At the first one you get a meal for far less than 300BT The only thing is the owner Ronald dresses like a Fxxxxxg clown.

At the other place more or less the same price,but run by a fxxxxxg Colonel

There are two great places in future park rangsit, At the first one you get a meal for far less than 300BT The only thing is the owner Ronald dresses like a Fxxxxxg clown.

At the other place more or less the same price,but run by a fxxxxxg Colonel

OK, I said I was easy but not quite that easy.

That is nowhere near Pattaya.

This is the PATTAYA forum.

Others, if you've got anything (wouldn't shock me if you don't) please be as specific as you can about what you actually get on the table.

The bar I've set is pretty high.

Not a lot of baht.

Feeling of WOW when the food comes.

Feeling of how do they do it when the check comes.

It's almost too much to ask from a profit seeking business!

I really do like a number of places in town ... but I don't know any other place than this Korean joint where I feel that double thing.

Edited by Jingthing

Quality?

If you don't have anything seriously meeting the criteria ... you really don't have to bother to post.

There is no fast food / junk food place that could possibly fit in this thread.

If nothing else, it would be cool if more westerners check out the Korean place I have detailed here. They don't really expect business from westerners but believe me they are very welcoming.

Edited by Jingthing

Quality?

If you don't have anything seriously meeting the criteria ... you really don't have to bother to post.

Sorry.... I was as bored as you must have been in starting the thread.

You really should get out more.

Quality?

Sorry.... I was as bored as you must have been in starting the thread.

You really should get out more.

I explained my reasons. A selfish interest in finding any more places that give the double feeling ... wow plus how do they do it. Not expecting anything but perhaps worth a try.

Quality?

If nothing else, it would be cool if more westerners check out the Korean place I have detailed here. They don't really expect business from westerners but believe me they are very welcoming.

I dont call it fast food,last time i had a Big Mack that was Small it took 30 mins to make

I really wasn't expecting much of anything useful from this thread but the responses so far are actually LESS than expectations.

The responses so far are a great example of why most members here don't ever start any threads in the first place.

Edited by Jingthing

Would not call it wow, nor would I say how do they do it, but there is a hole in a wall place on the corner of 3 road and Pattaya tai, open only evening, through the night.

Thai food only , dirt cheap and really is excellent taste . They do the street set up, always busy.

Would not call it wow, nor would I say how do they do it, but there is a hole in a wall place on the corner of 3 road and Pattaya tai, open only evening, through the night.

Thai food only , dirt cheap and really is excellent taste . They do the street set up, always busy.

I reckon you mean the place that mostly sells pork noodle soup and red pork on rice. Yeah, they're popular.

Robins nest in bukhao comes to mind great sunday lunches all you can eat and their breakfast the same all you can eat, price was reasonable but long time ago b4 i met thai lady who doesnt eat farang food so don't frequent now.

Robins nest in bukhao comes to mind great sunday lunches all you can eat and their breakfast the same all you can eat, price was reasonable but long time ago b4 i met thai lady who doesnt eat farang food so don't frequent now.

OK, fine, thanks for that and I have been meaning to try Robin's Nest but I looked once at their Sunday thing and it didn't look like great quality to me. Anyway, I did say not to mention buffets ... but still thanks for any kind of suggestion that isn't just a joke.

Cheers.

I really love your posts Jingthing --- if its not ones from the health forum On "how can I lose weight without doing anything drastic" (like exercise)

Then its where can I get thee most to eat for my Baht.......................coffee1.gif

there is "ons moeder" in jomtien a belgium/dutch restaurant it is in the soi behind the

mainroad from the statue to the police box it is behind i think country road bar.

it does 2 set menus a day for about 280 baht, there is always a soup starter, than a

main course and coffee or ice cream as dessert. sometimes they are dutch dishes

but normally 1 of the menus is international

maybe not a super wow but very nice and friendly staff, free wifi.

rick

Set meals (as opposed to buffets) might fit the criteria here. For example, Indian thalis. Sadly have not had an Indian thali in town where I think Wow plus how do they do it (neither actually). Also platter meals. Such as at the Lebanese restaurant on 3rd road (and also in the beach mall) they have a large vegetarian salad platter for 350 baht. I like it but I don't feel very satisfied with it. Feels like it needs some falafel balls at least to make it more complete.

I really love your posts Jingthing --- if its not ones from the health forum On "how can I lose weight without doing anything drastic" (like exercise)

Then its where can I get thee most to eat for my Baht.......................coffee1.gif

Not most food. A good feed with QUALITY. That Korean food place is quite healthy except for probably too much salt. Also KIMCHI is probably the best food on the planet to eat some beneficial GUT BACTERIA, which is helpful in weight control. The

The criteria I set up here are ALREADY rather limited and very difficult to find any places that fit it ... so I'm not going to add HEALTHY to that, even though personally, I am very interested in healthy food restaurant choices.

Edited by Jingthing

there is "ons moeder" in jomtien a belgium/dutch restaurant it is in the soi behind the

mainroad from the statue to the police box it is behind i think country road bar.

it does 2 set menus a day for about 280 baht, there is always a soup starter, than a

main course and coffee or ice cream as dessert. sometimes they are dutch dishes

but normally 1 of the menus is international

maybe not a super wow but very nice and friendly staff, free wifi.

rick

Thanks.

Not a bad mention for this thread's criteria.

Personally not quite a wow or how do they do it .... but if you're looking for Dutch food in Jomtien, absolutely.

Edited by Jingthing

Sunday roast at Oscars on Ban Amphur beach (northern end). Home made soup (try the pumpkin) included and always a well prepared, filling lunch/dinner. Choices of pork, lamb, chicken or mixed all under B300 with the full monty of what you'd expect with a roast.

They also do draft Leo.

I reckon you mean the place that mostly sells pork noodle soup and red pork on rice. Yeah, they're popular.

Hmm do not think so, they have everything from pork to seafood. Tables set up outside dental clinic

OK, here's another one that's at least getting there in the right direction to "Wow" plus "how do they do it" though not actually really there. Close enough to mention and to encourage others to mention ones that are at least APPROACHING the concept.

The raclette at Edelweis Swiss restaurant in Jomtien.

Included is a simple salad bar including quail eggs and a simple soup on the bar.

Also garlic bread.

Cost is 325.

http://www.edelweissth.com.olympius.sui-inter.net/21Oct/FondueRaclette.gif

I felt a WOW when the big raclette plate was presented to me there, though I was a raclette virgin so probably easily excited. I didn't really wonder how they do it though but still seemed a good value.

Edited by Jingthing

My own personnel favorite is Or-Ah-Harn-Thai.

https://goo.gl/maps/eTb28

It's on the left if walking away from 2nd rd on Pattaya Tai, past the temple & a couple of doors past the wigs shops.

Family run with the old lady out front with one of her daughters cooking.

Excellent quality & interesting Thai menu at very affordable prices.

If you time it wrong & it's busy then it can be quite a wait for food as everything is cooked to order in that kitchen at the front & the restaurant is over 2 floors not to mention the walk-ups who are ordering food to go.

There are Thai restaurants either side which I have tried on the occasions when this has been shut (family hols etc) or to busy to seat me but none are a patch IMO.

I'm sure that there must be other small family run Thai places as good but I've never found one, the missus & myself are always on the look out but to no avail thus far.

Edited by SidJames

Yes that is a good famous place and of course I have eaten there for many years. Good value of course. But I don't recall feeling "Wow" ever when food is brought to the table there. I suppose the whole fish dishes might bring inexperienced Thai food eaters that feeling.

KOREAN RESTAURANT

in the same mall in North Pattaya off 2nd road that contains the Bibimbap chain.

The Bibibimbap chain, a BBQ across from it, a Korean sushi place and the place I am talking about called KOREAN RESTAURANT further into the mall opposite ANEGO Japanese restaurant.

Sorry man

Can you give a bit better directions , Soi, name, number, mail Name ?

big, small place ? landmark near by ? totally lost on this, Google was the usual 20 pages of <deleted>.

Thanks. wai2.gif

I got that WOW feeling at Momento Beach French place, Soi 8 Theprasit. I was like WOW, how do they stay open with that rotten waitress chasing away all the customers?

People actually get up and leave during the ordering processcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif What a bitch.

Maybe she gets tired of idiots. tongue.png

KOREAN RESTAURANT

The Bibibimbap chain, a BBQ across from it, a Korean sushi place and the place I am talking about called KOREAN RESTAURANT further into the mall opposite ANEGO JapanSese restaurant.

Sorry man

Can you give a bit better directions , Soi, name, number, mail Name ?

big, small place ? landmark near by ? totally lost on this, Google was the usual 20 pages of <deleted>.

Thanks. wai2.gif

Sure.

There is a Burger King on the corner of this newish open air mall ... it's not a soi. You walk in to it, no vehicles.

North of Big C a bit, south of North Pattaya road, beach side.

The sign in English just says KOREAN restaurant. Don't confuse it with the other Korean places in the same mall. It's in the back of the mall on the right hand side walking in from 2nd road.

Edited by Jingthing

Here is another one that is sort of close to fitting the concept.

The BACALOA dish at Joy Enjoy Norweigan restaurant in Jomtien.

I remember feeling at least a little bit WOW when I first ordered it.

I never wondered how they did it though.

It's basically a Norweigan style bacaloa dish, rather large portion of sliced potatoes in a tomato sauce which is highly peppered with black peppercorns. Also of course some chunks of the famous dried codfish ... not much of course because its very expensive. Served with some Norweigan crackers. Under 300 baht.

The small amount of fish explained the price level to me ... but it is really enough to give the flavor of that wonderful ingredient.

The restaurant is located down a soi adjacent to the more well known Linda's Norweigan restaurant which has higher prices.

Edited by Jingthing