Multiple simultaneous bomb blasts rock downtown Yala

Many blasts rock downtown Yala

DOWNTOWN Yala municipality was hit by several simultaneous bomb blasts at different locations Thursday, wounding three people and causing heavy property damage.

The bombs went off at around 7.10pm at the train station, Muang Mai market, the Old Market, outside a government bank and the Yala Technical College.

Various news reports and social media posts cited the number of explosions at between 10 and 16 as of press time.

Another bomb exploded at around 8pm near the provincial prison, but no casualties were reported.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-14

I was at the Yala railway station two years ago which was very heavy guarded. As I said so often the Army should not go back to their barracks after 6pm but should challenge the insurgency at night and not from 6am to 6pm.

Looks to me the violence is getting back to a point to the pre-Thaksin years.

Yala rocked by a string of bomb explosions

5-14-2015-10-24-52-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

YALA: -- Scores of people were injured, some of them seriously in a string of bomb explosions in Yala township Thursday night.

Security officials confirmed bomb explosions at the fruit market in Muang Mai market, near Samyaek Rong Kha Sat Muang Mai, the railway station,Vitoon-thit old market, in front of Yala technical college, in front of the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperative and Road No 15.

Witnesses said that there were 4-5 explosions each at some spots. Security officials said most of the bombs were small and they meant to cause chaos rather than to kill or maim.

Until Thursday night, bomb explosions in Yala township have not been reported since April 6 last year when the township was struck by several bombs, including car bombs killing and injuring several innocent people.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yala-rocked-by-a-string-of-bomb-explosions

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-15

I'm still surprised they haven't moved their insurgency up to Phuket or another tourist spot. Pattaya is so lawless that they could probably put something on Walking Street and scare away the only tourists Thailand is getting now from China.

I read that they don't want to draw attention of the international community on them or even the Thais to fully commit down there.

Anyone ever prosecuted for the Krue Se mosque, Soba Yoi, or Tak Bai massacres...or the extra-judicial murder of Somchai Neejapajit...didn't think so and this is the continuining result.

I don't think it's completely down to that, but you're right; prosecute and properly punish all those responsible in the Thai police, military and para military and it will be a good start to negotiations.

SOUTH CRISIS
Bomb attacks continue in Yala

YALA: -- Blasts continued rocking deep southern province of Yala on Friday morning after scores of them hit a total of 23 different areas in Muang district last night and injured 38 people. There is no reports of death.

At 6.50am, two explosions separately hit two shops in Tambon Satengnok, Muang district. One was a small grocery store and another was a tea shop. Owner of the first shop told police that two teens came to buy soda and the explosion took place shortly after they left while the teashop’s owner said two men on a motorcycle drove by and threw explosive into the shop.

At 7.30am, the third blast hit a grocery shop on Pangmuang road but no one was injured. The bomb was hid in a freezer inside the shop.

On Thursday night, downtown Yala municipality was hit by several simultaneous bomb blasts at 23 different locations Thursday, wounding altogether 38 people and causing heavy property damage.

The bombs went off at around 7.10pm at the train station, Muang Mai market, the Old Market, outside a government bank and the Yala Technical College.

Another bomb exploded at around 8pm near the provincial prison, but no casualties were reported.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Bomb-attacks-continue-in-Yala-30260160.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-15

Tighter security and more cameras will be the panacea of choice. A bloody civil war that is generally ignored by the world press where thousands have died over the past dozen or so years. Killing men, women and children in the name of religion by bombings, shootings, hangings, beheading and setting teachers on fire should deserve more press coverage.

This is Thailand.

Shame on the insurgents or what ever they are called these days, they are all Traitors to Thailand, and should be run out of

the country. Of course I am just a red neck, and a Farang! But this is my own opinion, and

any traitor of any country should be run out of the country.