Two Chinese, two Cambodians arrested for using fake credit cards

Nonthaburi:- Police arrested two Chinese men and two Cambodian men Thursday night for having allegedly used fake credit cards to make online purchases worth over Bt1 million.

Channel 3 reported Friday that the four suspects were arrested at 10 pm Thursday by Rattanathibet police who stormed the Much and More Success Company, which operates a language school on Soi Praschachuen in Noonthaburi’s Ratanathibet district.

The two Chinese suspects were identified as Lu Lu and Chen Gao Zo and the two Cambodian suspects as Thon Sayab and Tha Aow.

The Ratanathibet police station was alerted by Kasikorn Bank’s credit card crime division on Tuesday that some foreigners had been using fake credit cards on the bank’s two credit card payment machines at the company.

The bank noticed irregular usage of the cards because they were repeatedly used to make online purchases worth over B1 million.

Then on Thursday, the bank noticed that the cards were used again to make purchases for over Bt375,000 so the bank alerted police who rushed to the language school.

An official of the school told police that the four foreigners were staying in a rented room on a higher floor of the school.

He led police to the room and found the four were making fake credit cards by using stolen credit card information from foreign banks to write on blank electronic cards using their own card writer machines.

Police seized 16 fake credit cards, a notebook computer and two electronic card writer machines. Police also seized two credit card payment machines of the school as evidence.

Something is fishy with this story or lost in translation.

When I had credit card machines (EFPOS ) I could only take payments from cards for my business and it money appeared in my bank account the next day. I couldn't pay other businesses with the EFPOS machine.

So the owner of the business must have known these 4 criminals were using his machine to buy fake/non existent goods/services from his business and have the money deposited in to his account.

He therefore must have had an arrangement that later on he would withdraw the money and give to them keeping some as commission.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the RTP should be arresting him as well.