Yingluck says she will appear at Supreme Court next week to prove her innocence

webfact

I feel sorry for her. The whole system is loaded against her - corrupt to the core and I don't mean Yingluck.

Forget the Ying part she will need all the luck she can muster. She is walking into a floating crap game and they have the loaded dice. Jail time hmm maybe big fine good chance. Stay out of politics for the next number of years 100% for sure.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What happened to the Presumption on Innocents until proven Guilty in a court of law applying rules of evidence.

Don't be silly, this is Thai Visa!

It's OK---a big 5% on Thai visa feel sorry for her---Quote her saying "I did nothing wrong"........we know there are countless others from both sides of the fence that did wrong----but why are you in denial all the time--------face reality for once.

I speak as one of 5%.(?)

So your meticulous monitoring of our posts ( of which you have boasted more than once) leads you to believe that we feel sorry for her, and are "in denial" and need to face reality for once".

I don't feel sorry for her, I respect the fact that she was the popular choice (not on this forum obviously) but of the Thai electorate. I admire the way in which she dealt with the PDRC s attempts to bring down her government, and far from being a political naif I think she is facing the impending show trial with great courage.

As far as "denial" and " facing reality" are concerned, well if reality is represented by your paranoid rants and obsessive monitoring of other people's opinions, I'll stick with denial if it's all the same with you.

Edited by JAG

All I know is she is one of l the most indefinably sexy ladies I have ever seen, I love her

One can wonder if sexism was behind the charges and coup , number

nineteen, is it legal for an illegal government to try somebody ?

everyone misses the main point here, whatever happens , love is

what is real, and that will go into the infinite spirit world with me

I doubt crocodile tears and a box of Kleenex is going too work...

Look at her bank account and then make her justify the amount based on what she could have earned during her time in office, bet there is a big gap

Yingluck's wealth did increase while in office by slightly less than the growth in the SET during that time, in other words entirely explicable and transparent - in contrast with the wealth of the low salaried multimillionaire generals who now rule.

This would be her declared traceable wealth.

The inestimable other funds are not available for scrutiny at this time.

All I know is she is one of l the most indefinably sexy ladies I have ever seen, I love her

One can wonder if sexism was behind the charges and coup , number

nineteen, is it legal for an illegal government to try somebody ?

everyone misses the main point here, whatever happens , love is

what is real, and that will go into the infinite spirit world with me

So the undeniable truth is she is innocent of any crimes because you think she is sexy. Is this your first day in Thailand?

Also do you date bar girls by any chance?

If not you should, they are as honest as they are beautiful. Ask any rice farmer who pledged to Yingsy's scheme. They would much rather enjoy her siren call than the profits of 2 seasons Labour, plus 50% dividends

Edited by Manbing

I feel sorry for her. The whole system is loaded against her - corrupt to the core and I don't mean Yingluck.

60 odd million people in Thailand. Good percentage of those living on the bread line and below. Surely amongst those a few more deserving of sympathy than a woman who was handed untold wealth by her brother to act as figurehead for his various corrupt ventures and activities, and who is now having to answer for that, but with zero chance of ever actually having to take any sort of punishment, as she'll either do some sort of a deal with the powers that be, or simply flee to live in luxury somewhere else.

She is actually an elected PM deposed by a military coup.

60 odd million people in Thailand. Good percentage of those living on the bread line and below. Surely amongst those a few more deserving of sympathy than a woman who was handed untold wealth by her brother to act as figurehead for his various corrupt ventures and activities, and who is now having to answer for that, but with zero chance of ever actually having to take any sort of punishment, as she'll either do some sort of a deal with the powers that be, or simply flee to live in luxury somewhere else.

It's all true. They took her paper crown.

Because of endemic and overt corruption which almost toppled the Thai economy - you forgot that bit.

Edited by Manbing

Because of endemic and overt corruption which almost toppled the Thai economy - you forgot that bit.

I know it's difficult, but any impartial, unprejudiced evidence to support that ??

Not so, she had already dissolved parliament and been out of the caretaker PM job well before the coup.

All that was left of the PT Govt were 26 caretaker cabinet ministers all of whom were appointed by big brother.

my my , the end of this story has been written already . has been for quite some time .....act 3 will will fade to a memory........ it is over .

What happened to the Presumption on Innocents until proven Guilty in a court of law applying rules of evidence.

Don't be silly, this is Thai Visa!

It's OK---a big 5% on Thai visa feel sorry for her---Quote her saying "I did nothing wrong"........we know there are countless others from both sides of the fence that did wrong----but why are you in denial all the time--------face reality for once.

I speak as one of 5%.(?)

So your meticulous monitoring of our posts ( of which you have boasted more than once) leads you to believe that we feel sorry for her, and are "in denial" and need to face reality for once".

I don't feel sorry for her, I respect the fact that she was the popular choice (not on this forum obviously) but of the Thai electorate. I admire the way in which she dealt with the PDRC s attempts to bring down her government, and far from being a political naif I think she is facing the impending show trial with great courage.

As far as "denial" and " facing reality" are concerned, well if reality is represented by your paranoid rants and obsessive monitoring of other people's opinions, I'll stick with denial if it's all the same with you.

"...I respect the fact that she was the popular choice..."

Is that the way it works?

Then how come there was open discussion and statements in which the paymaster appointed her?

Look at her bank account and then make her justify the amount based on what she could have earned during her time in office, bet there is a big gap

Shes to smart for that

Too smart or too cunning?

If the whole system is against her now it is a darn shame it was not before, instead of allowing her to get into the position she is now.

Give them enough rope.......................................................

I prefer stoning by public at least I get something back for all the public funds she sqandered.

The sad thing is, I reckon there are a fair few on here who would actually be amenable to her being stoned to death in public. Worrying, really...

What's your next totally over the top / unsubstantiated comment?

An inconvenient truth ignored by the junta fans (I nearly said fascists) on this forum.

The fact remains that Thailand had a government that was elected by a process that was internationally recognised as fair and free. That elected government, faced with significant extra parliamentary opposition offered itself for reelection. That election was blocked, with the active connivance of the military amongst others, who then staged a coup. The resulting regime (we cannot refer to it using a more accurate definition) is now putting her on trial.

And here they defend it as democracy!

No I'm sure the court in 2001 was pressurised - even if that only meant the pliability Thai courts often show in the presence of power.I certainly don't rule out Thaksin or his agents actually deploying the folding stuff.

But since then we have seen the rise of judicial activism and the notorious closed loop in the appointment of judges.The judicial system has been weaponised to fight popular democracy (along with military thuggery) because the Thai electorate keeps on giving the wrong anwer.

As to the impeachment charges against Yingluck they are clearly ludicrous on multiple grounds.One may as well impeach countless Presidents of the US for initiating and presiding over massive subsidy schemes in favour of the agricultural sector.

If there was personal corruption involved (as opposed to policy failings) the law should deal with it.But even the crazies haven't accused her of that (yet).

Do you really believe a US President or any Western leader would never turn up to chair meetings, dismiss claims of corruption and mismanagement out of hand, allow billions of baht to be unaccounted for and allow their criminal fugitive sibling to run the government, dictate policy and appoint the cabinet?

Thais treat "impeachment" differently to others in that it can be invoked retrospectively in order to ban those who formerly held office when things come to light and prevent them from holding office again for 5 years. That's their law and our opinions on it are of no consequence. Although Thaksin's rice scheme, which was not managed as a subsidy but self financing, doesn't appear to have helped the agricultural sector much according the World Bank. It does seem to have presented lots of opportunities for corruption though, which PTP seem to have ignored. Maybe if the chair had turned up to the meetings .............?

The crazies who keep insisting she's done no wrong, totally innocent of anything, and everything against her is always simply politically motivated are detached from reality.

Her families wealth increased 450% during her term as PM. If only she and her brother had been so diligent in managing the nation's finances.

Agree but no doubt the pt 'leaders' will line up to say 'but she's really a nice girl.'

She scrubs up very nicely for someone pushing 50.

With her wealth, she could look attractive even if she was born with a face like the back end of a turkey.

But, as you say, for a 47 year old, she ain't bad.

I cant imagine what kind of wealth her sister would need then. bah.gif

History will treat her much more kindly than many TVF posters and she is still widely loved by many who see her as a victim

Because people like this do not know any better---but YES and M.Thatcher was loved by many---BUT she had to go---understand that ??

do YOU understand that Thatcher was VOTED out? by a little thing called democracy??? whereas Yingluck was the subject of a military coup - understand that ???

She is going to need a miracle, not to prove her innocence, but to get away with it on a technicality perhaps.

BTW. Nice of her to say she will appear this time but I don't think she has a choice. Does she?

The miracle is a big suitcase full of money to the right people, case dismissed, Yingluck free to go coffee1.gif

Edited by bander

No she's not. Your either lying, not been here long or too lazy to check and guessing.

She was an elected party list PM who dissolved parliament and became caretaker PM. She was removed from the caretaker office by a court for a corrupt act of nepotism.

She was never deposed by a military coup.

History will treat her much more kindly than many TVF posters and she is still widely loved by many who see her as a victim

Because people like this do not know any better---but YES and M.Thatcher was loved by many---BUT she had to go---understand that ??

do YOU understand that Thatcher was VOTED out? by a little thing called democracy??? whereas Yingluck was the subject of a military coup - understand that ???

And another one comes on and posts the Shin lie. Yingluck dissolved parliament, and was subsequently removed from the caretaker PM role by a court for abuse of power and nepotism.

She has never been removed from office by a military coup - no matter how many times the Shin fan club repeat that lie, it will never be true.

Do you understand that knowingly and deliberately posting lies is against forum rules?

An inconvenient truth ignored by the junta fans (I nearly said fascists) on this forum.

The fact remains that Thailand had a government that was elected by a process that was internationally recognised as fair and free. That elected government, faced with significant extra parliamentary opposition offered itself for reelection. That election was blocked, with the active connivance of the military amongst others, who then staged a coup. The resulting regime (we cannot refer to it using a more accurate definition) is now putting her on trial.

And here they defend it as democracy!

No - it's not the truth, just another Shin lie.

All you Shin fans love to perpetuate the Shin version of history - which is just a lie.

I know it's difficult, but any impartial, unprejudiced evidence to support that ??

What about the farmers who committed suicide and the missing billions?

What more proof do you want?

Get the facts straight. I get tired of the constant talk of her "untold wealth" by individuals who don't do their homework. Her estimated wealth was about 17 million USD when she entered office. When she stepped down from office her wealth had increased by about 1 million USD. Most of her assets are in stocks. Her son and husband have about 1 1/2 million USD in addition. Oh, I forgot the expensive watch she forgot to include in her assets. If you think that is untold wealth you are barking up the wrong tree. She also has millions in liabilities. Sure that is a good deal of money compared to the average Thai but it is NOT untold wealth. She is probably earning abut $300,000 to $400,000 per year off of her investments if she is lucky. Seems like many TV posters dislike her more for her wealth and connection to her brother than anything else. Read her bio sometime. She did not start at the top of her brothers companies but worked her way up. Sure she had the connections and surely was promoted based on the connections but she was not just handed a CEO position. Give her some credit. She is not as stupid as people seem to think. Let's face it, it's the wealth the bothers so many people here.

I bet she doesn't show up to prove her innocence.

she want show up to get a show for her Reds,

how poor she is, how she is innocent and panished by bad Judges

which not understand what means rice pledging cheme for the reds !!

Get the facts straight. I get tired of the constant talk of her "untold wealth" by individuals who don't do their homework. Her estimated wealth was about 17 million USD when she entered office. When she stepped down from office her wealth had increased by about 1 million USD. Most of her assets are in stocks. Her son and husband have about 1 1/2 million USD in addition. Oh, I forgot the expensive watch she forgot to include in her assets. If you think that is untold wealth you are barking up the wrong tree. She also has millions in liabilities. Sure that is a good deal of money compared to the average Thai but it is NOT untold wealth. She is probably earning abut $300,000 to $400,000 per year off of her investments if she is lucky. Seems like many TV posters dislike her more for her wealth and connection to her brother than anything else. Read her bio sometime. She did not start at the top of her brothers companies but worked her way up. Sure she had the connections and surely was promoted based on the connections but she was not just handed a CEO position. Give her some credit. She is not as stupid as people seem to think. Let's face it, it's the wealth the bothers so many people here.

so why than so many people thinkig that she is stupid ?

That she don't know speak english, even that she studied abroad,

does not mean she is stupid !

Maybee she just missed some lectures when she went beauty shopping;

You forgot to mention how rich got in her time some other people around her like,

Gardener, driver, housemaid, ....

and many " proxy " rice farmers, millers and officials ??

And who paid for all this ??

Me and my wife as an example !!

In a functioning legal system, innocence is never the issue. Perhaps some have watched courtroom dramas? The verdict is "guilty" or "not guilty". Never "innocent". The burden of proof is upon the state to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. This explains why sometimes those charged present no defense, as they believe the state has not proven it's case.

Here in Thailand it seems everything is up for sale, or already bought and sold, including "justice". She is probably guilty, but name me one politician here who isn't guilty of corruption, incompetence and malfeasance? Just one....