'King of the Blues' blues legend B.B. King dead at age 89

webfact

'King of the Blues' blues legend B.B. King dead at age 89
KEN RITTER, Associated Press

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Blues legend B.B. King has died in Las Vegas at age 89, his lawyer says.

Attorney Brent Bryson tells The Associated Press that King died peacefully in his sleep at 9:40 p.m. PDT Thursday at his home in Las Vegas.

The one-time farmhand brought new fans to the blues and influenced a generation of musicians with his heartfelt vocals and soaring guitar on songs such as "The Thrill Is Gone."

King sold millions of records worldwide and was inducted into the Blues Foundation Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

King played a Gibson guitar that he affectionately called Lucille and was not only the undisputed king of the blues but a mentor to scores of guitarists including Eric Clapton.

He was awarded his 15th Grammy in 2009 in the traditional blues album category for "One Kind Favor."

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-05-15

"Legend" always seems such an inadequate word to describe great artists like BB King - so sad to hear yet another of my all-time favourite musicians has played their last chord.................

I was lucky enough to see B.B. King live at a dinner club in the 80's. It was a great show. We were sat waiting. looking only at a stool and guitar until BB finally walked out, flashed huge beautiful smile, picked up his guitar, and said those famous words, "I'd like to introduce you to Lucille".

RIP -- good to know that you had a full life and left us peacefully, but know that for some the thrill will never be gone.

Edited by Inn Between

I saw him perform several times, between 1968 and 1980's. I'm also a blues guitarist and he was a prime influence for me, besides being a fine fellow. At one concert, there was a problem with his guitar amp. Somehow he found a tiny little practice amp with a 5" speaker. He put a mic on it (via the P.A. system), smiled and told the audience what a nice sound that was. His gentle voice sounded like an elderly uncle sweetly talking to friends and family.

BB King and Freddie King were my favourite blues guitarists (oh, and Rory). Legend. RIP.[/quote

Good taste my man, now the thrill has gone - but the music lives on.

Both those 'Kings' were fine blues players, but my favorite King guitarist was Albert King.

One of the best shows I ever saw....

BB King and ray Charles together.

BB sat on Ray's piano and they brought the house down.

Now they can play together again.

RIP Riley King

and thank you

.post-147745-0-63450900-1431695246_thumb.