How Many Entries On A Multi Re-entry Permit

During the next 12 months I may be leaving Thailand by plane between 6 and 8 times. When I apply for my Extension of Stay based on Retirement, I will also acquire a Multi Re-entry permit to keep my EOS valid.

I read on another thread that a Multi re-entry permit was valid for 4 entries.

Is this correct or is it valid for unlimited use up and until the EOS expires?

If it's only valid for 4 entries, surely I can have additional Single entry permits added as needed after the 4 entries have been used?

Until I read the other thread, I presumed Multi Re-entry meant unlimited entries.

I would be grateful of clarification.

Thank you in advance.

I cannot comment directly on the re-entry permit but I know for a fact that it is something they look out for. I did many years on a multi Non O and one year I went in and out 6 times. After the 3rd entry they went back and marked each entry with a number.

They never said anything but it was obvious it had been highlighted.

I cannot comment directly on the re-entry permit but I know for a fact that it is something they look out for. I did many years on a multi Non O and one year I went in and out 6 times. After the 3rd entry they went back and marked each entry with a number.

They never said anything but it was obvious it had been highlighted.

If he has a valid extension of stay and a multi-entry re-entry permit, as said by several people above, there is no limit, until the time they both expirem which would be the same date.

Hard to say why someone highlighted your entries, but that did not impose any limit on you.

Edited by Suradit69

Last year I exited and re-entered Thailand more than 20 times using a Multi-entry permit (Non-Im."O" visa) and there was never an issue I was aware of.

Maybe the "4" entry number was related to someone noting the break-even point of purchasing the B3900 Multi.