Neighbours won't eat food from my house.

Do they happen to know most plant foods are raised in dirt, aka soil? And the best of those have all sorts of "organic matter" in them? Such as rotting compost, bacteria, microscopic bugs, feces, and all that? Maybe put a powerpoint presentation together to show them they are eating processed crap, literally, and that becomes them. This applies to meat too of course, usually just an extra step (dirt etc to veg to animal to human animal).

just show them the clongs, from where the GVT filtering out the drinking water !!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to put your wallet a little lower than your back pocket. Maybe in between the crack is you catch my drift.

OP, I've heard of that before, although I've never experienced it.

So I gave it a try by putting my money in my back pocked, hoping that nobody will accept it.

But I was so wrong.

Nobody flicked an eyelid when they wanted money from me.sad.png

Wishful thinking.

My neighbors won't eat anything from our house but for a different reason. My neighbors are Muslims and we eat pork. My kitchen is contaminated.

Aren't all religions weird?

You don't have a flatulence problem, do you?

I prepared BBQ pork chops for the extended family. Brought the BBQ over from USA.

Not only was my 13 year old step son the only taker, the father in law had NEVER had a pork chop! He wasn't about to begin now. GO figure.

aw buggarit, I passed this one to the missus, and she flat out says "No, because you sit on it".

So it doesn't matter at all to her about there being a storage cavity.

About the closest analogy to something I wouldn't eat is:

someone else's old sticky lollie that I find stuck to the underside of the lounge-chair cushion (at least this is real!!)

get a back pack?

I have had the very same experience right here in the USA, my wifey has turned into a twit about this. It is not so much about, what you say, but her friends do not want to eat vegetables, from our garden, because we have dogs... I think it is really weird as, I never noticed this before in Thai culture.... But I assure you it is here today, and in Las Vegas, Nevada. We have many fruit trees, and some from Thailand, they are all doing well, and produce well.

But maybe things have changed, my wife now hates what I used to like, because of some malfunction, in another Thai's head?

What I really see? My wife was a good cook as I was, and now I am being told, that if it tastes good it is bad for you!

As far as the motorcycle goes, get a front basket, and some Thais are freaky about this... It has changed so much through time....

As my mother always told me, if it tastes good people will eat it...

Just a thought, if they put you down for this, it is probably that they want it for free.....

giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

you guys cut the crap and respect local customs. You cannot impose your own values even if in your eyes some things seem strange or absurd. Every culture have their customs , values and superstitions. I once taught Eskimos in Northern Canada. We often bought snacks for our students. I could never get over some simple custom. If snack was bought today and there were some left over; they would not touch it the next day. They think it is stale and not good. The same candy or cookie will be sitting on the grocery shelves for weeks and they would still buy it .. But try buying today , eat some and leave for tomorrow , They won't touch it. But this is a custom and it needs to be respected, even if it seems strange.

The fact that you constantly use the word ''wifey'' is annoying and stupid in on it self. Then you wonder why people don't want to eat your food because you rub your a$$ all over it.?? You don't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

you guys cut the crap and respect local customs. You cannot impose your own values even if in your eyes some things seem strange or absurd. Every culture have their customs , values and superstitions. I once taught Eskimos in Northern Canada. We often bought snacks for our students. I could never get over some simple custom. If snack was bought today and there were some left over; they would not touch it the next day. They think it is stale and not good. The same candy or cookie will be sitting on the grocery shelves for weeks and they would still buy it .. But try buying today , eat some and leave for tomorrow , They won't touch it. But this is a custom and it needs to be respected, even if it seems strange.

So what you're saying is that a person rubbing thier azz all over food before serving it is against Thai custom? If so then I agree but

I'd think that would be pretty much a universal thing.

My wife has many sisters and one of them always dresses up when she leaves her house to go and do anything. The other sisters kind of have a running joke about her which is that if she dresses up to go out and buy rice then the rice is aroi mahk mahk, but if she doesn't dress up the the rice is mai aroi.

Besides this all the kids in the extended family are taught not to step over food on the floor. They must walk around it.

Grin

The fact that you constantly use the word ''wifey'' is annoying and stupid in on it self. Then you wonder why people don't want to eat your food because you rub your <deleted> all over it.?? You don't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Has your wifey let you stay up after your normal bedtime? Has this made you cranky, little one? passifier.gif