Major Fire In Chinatown

peterjackson

Just saw some photos on a friends fb page ,building well and truly ablaze looks like around 5 levels no idea which part of the market little wonder accident waiting to happen in the old rabbit warren.

No doubt dave will be with us soon

The view from Rimping is not worthy of a photo - took one but Dave's is better and mine is just same same. Still a lot of smoke though, and the back of my throat is telling me that there is a lot of rubber burning. Smoke is very bad around the river, wind blowing it straight over.

Oh Jin Haeng? Don't know that name, any other clues or nearby landmarks or shops?

I walked past it today, on my way to Kasem store, and the smell of candle wax is overpowering! What is amazing is that the shop just on the right is actually open "business as normal". If my info is right it is the same shop that trades on Chiang Moi next to the BKK Bank. The back portion being their storeroom.

Their shop is also open today, business as normal! I had a talk with Khun Kasem who matter of factly told me that yesterday during the fire she was in fact at one of the premises in that soi quite close to the blaze. She told me that it was very lucky that it didn't spread to other units because at one stage it looked as if it certainly would.

I mentioned that looking at photographs there was a steady stream of inspectors, some quite important. I suggested that it could be because it was next to a bank and also half of Chiang mai at one stage seemed to think the gold shop was on fire. We both thought that quite funny. whistling.gif

Edited by cmsally

Never heard of Kasem store in chinatown. Unless Kasem has a meaning that i don't get, i thought the only one Kasem store is now on Wing 41 road, and formerly on Ninmanhaemin. More than one Kasem store? What are they selling at Kasem in chinatown?

Never heard of Kasem store in chinatown. Unless Kasem has a meaning that i don't get, i thought the only one Kasem store is now on Wing 41 road, and formerly on Ninmanhaemin. More than one Kasem store? What are they selling at Kasem in chinatown?

Guess you're new here wink.png

Ahh someone in a Nimmanhaemin bubble - never mind

http://asiarecipe.com/kasem.html

Kasem on Rachawong Road.