what could Thailand improve for the Foreigners living/visiting Thailand ?

wowfactor10

That's hardly going to stop when men continue to shell out significant amounts of cash so that women will pretend to enjoy their company.

Prostitution is not uniquely Thai.

Prostitution? I thought he was talking about marriage....

Marriage is not uniquely Thai!

True - but I didn't have to pay sin sod for my first marriage. She got her piece of me only at the end.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The government should organize a basic health insurance program that foreigners can buy into that would cover preexisting conditions and require all resident foreigners to buy this basic program. Luxury private plans could be optional.

Nope.

It would be chronically abused by those who cant afford or simply don't want to cough up coin for private insurance to cover them for existing conditions. Why should the Thai taxpayer cover unhealthy farangs?

The government should make it illegal for 55+ year old farangs to marry or breed with women more than15 years their junior.

This would go a long way to improving the perception of foreigners among Thais.

Those who think the Thais aren't utterly nauseated and grossed out by extreme age-gap relationships need to observe their facial expressions a little more closely

"true" property or business ownership , no escrow third party bull ship , titled in your name only deeds . Thailand government worries about the foreigners building and owning their own homes , and yet they do not see the chinese are soon to be their masters . ahhhh.... the Thai mindset is perplexing . did someone drop Thailand on its head when it was a baby ?

The government should make it illegal for 55+ year old farangs to marry or breed with women more than15 years their junior.

Those who think the Thais aren't utterly nauseated and grossed out by extreme age-gap relationships need to observe their facial expressions a little more closely

I don't believe Thais think or care about it that much.

Most of them seem to really appreciate the whiter skinned children, without any thought for the sperm donor.

Eliminate 90 day reporting for retirement visas. Expat health care. Enforce the laws every day and raise the fines. Better English instruction in the schools. Better English signage in tourist areas. Improve public transportation. Work on crumbling streets and sidewalks--start with most popular areas first. Better trash cans and more of them--especially on the beaches. Buy and use street and beach sweepers. Hire meter maids to patrol major roads. Do a top to bottom sweep and get rid of all the old telephone boxes and all the other stuff cluttering up the sidewalks. If you can't put the overhead wires underground, at least neaten them up and raise them above neck garroting level. Crack down on outdoor burning with large fines. Ditto for noise pollution by boom cars, etc. Station police at every major intersection and have other police walking beats. Redesign the police uniforms to reflect that this is a hot climate and they are not working in Juneau, Alaska. No wonder they never leave the air conditioned office with those tight, heavy, dark, long sleeved, uncomfortable uniforms they have to wear. Hot climate=loose clothes. Man the police stations all the time and don't everyone go to lunch at the same time. There's something called staggered lunches. Re-do Jomtien Beach Road and sidewalks. A major tourist and expat attraction and a mess in so many ways I don't have time to list here. Try to do a better job than you did with Pattaya Beach Road.

i second #2, a health care system for expats to be a part of.

huh..... , you have to pay money for health care . what is this "plan" you speak of ? you think there is a health care fairy that's gunna sprinkle special fairy dust on expats so the can get better care than a Thai can ? i think you sat on the bar stool to long .

Eliminate 90 day reporting for retirement visas. Expat health care. Enforce the laws every day and raise the fines. Better English instruction in the schools. Better English signage in tourist areas. Improve public transportation. Work on crumbling streets and sidewalks--start with most popular areas first. Better trash cans and more of them--especially on the beaches. Buy and use street and beach sweepers. Hire meter maids to patrol major roads. Do a top to bottom sweep and get rid of all the old telephone boxes and all the other stuff cluttering up the sidewalks. If you can't put the overhead wires underground, at least neaten them up and raise them above neck garroting level. Crack down on outdoor burning with large fines. Ditto for noise pollution by boom cars, etc. Station police at every major intersection and have other police walking beats. Redesign the police uniforms to reflect that this is a hot climate and they are not working in Juneau, Alaska. No wonder they never leave the air conditioned office with those tight, heavy, dark, long sleeved, uncomfortable uniforms they have to wear. Hot climate=loose clothes. Man the police stations all the time and don't everyone go to lunch at the same time. There's something called staggered lunches. Re-do Jomtien Beach Road and sidewalks. A major tourist and expat attraction and a mess in so many ways I don't have time to list here. Try to do a better job than you did with Pattaya Beach Road.

huh... you did understand this post question was a joke .

Most of them seem to really appreciate the whiter skinned children, without any thought for the sperm donor.

You're kidding yourself if you genuinely believe they don't care.

I've seen many a younger woman looking absolutely, totally and utterly ASHAMED of having married and bred with some fat, poe-faced farang in shorts when her peers have ribbed and teased her in public.

Edited by Cypress Hill

Islam Sharia laws should be enforced on ladyboys.

Be careful what you wish for!

I think this sort of comment does not belong in Thailand, any more than the Sharia laws and religion.

If you dislike Thai customs, are you sure you should have moved here?

I've seen younger women looking absolutely, totally and utterly ASHAMED of having married and bred with some fat, poe-faced farang in shorts when her peers have ribbed and teased her in public.

My misses would kick the living daylights (or worse) out of anyone that spoke out of turn in her hearing, or looked at her in a funny way.

I'm assuming most of the other white guys (hired) wives would be psycho enough to do the same (or is mine different?).

Maybe the girls are softer in BK now?

Edited by MaeJoMTB

"what could Thailand improve for the Foreigners living/visiting Thailand ?"

Actually, Thailand is already working on it now.

They have started teaching the Chinese language in Thai schools.

This will improve life in Thailand for the people Thailand now wants visiting and living in Thailand...the Chinese.

post-147745-0-36204900-1432039812_thumb.

I've seen younger women looking absolutely, totally and utterly ASHAMED of having married and bred with some fat, poe-faced farang in shorts when her peers have ribbed and teased her in public.

My misses would kick the living daylights (or worse) out of anyone that spoke out of turn in her hearing, or looked at her in a funny way.

I'm assuming most of the other white guys (hired) wives would be psycho enough to do the same (or is mine different?).

She probably would if it was just one person but I've seen three queues of customers at Big C chuckling and making jokes at the expense of a late 20-something, an unusually big-headed luk kreung child and her 60 year old (at least) husband having considerable difficulty stooping down to collapse a stroller.

Allow falangs to own property in their own right - I'll always rent with current property restrictions.

Extend 90 day reports to six months for retirement visas - what's the point?

I've seen many a younger woman looking absolutely, totally and utterly ASHAMED of having married and bred with some fat, poe-faced farang in shorts when her peers have ribbed and teased her in public.

That would be because he's fat and "poe-faced"; although maybe you've found people are ashamed of you for different reasons!

Edited by brewsterbudgen

The government should organize a basic health insurance program that foreigners can buy into that would cover preexisting conditions and require all resident foreigners to buy this basic program. Luxury private plans could be optional.

Nope.

It would be chronically abused by those who cant afford or simply don't want to cough up coin for private insurance to cover them for existing conditions. Why should the Thai taxpayer cover unhealthy farangs?

I'd agree it's stupid for a 55+ falang to be fathering children. Who wants to be parenting teenagers when you are 70+? However, bear in mind the pressure to have kids comes from the Thai women - they don't regard themselves as complete without at least one child.

Having said that, a lot of older falangs appreciate having a younger female taking care of them in their dotage - a lot better deal than they will get in their home country.

It's probably the Thai males that are disgusted. My experience is multiple Thai females either wanting to bond with me, or find a falang for them. And I'm 72. As I understand it from these women, Thai males treat them like shit, and falangs are regarded as a much better partner.

What is urgently needed and what would make a great confidence booster and motivation for expats in Thailand would be a system that rewards foreigners who have done all things by the book and never have been in trouble with the law for a longer period of time, let's say 10 years.

All we get is penalties, restrictions and the uneasy feeling of not truly being wanted here; do one mistake, get into a bar brawl, smoke some weed or get into a legal problem with a client or biz partner, etc. and you are always with one feet on a plane back home.

But be good and what happens? Any rewards? Citizenship? Permanent visa without all the registration hassle, uncertainty and costs that registration involves? Any easier visa processing? Anything...? No, we get NOTHING!!!

I have never been in trouble with the law in my 24 years here and what do I get for it? I am just tolerated as a guest, just as much as the next guy stepping off the plane in Bkk for the first time of his life... I am not whining about it, I have adapted and accepted the fact that I always will be a 2nd class citizen here, but this thread asked for suggestions and there you have it.

Cheers,

Catweazle

That would be because he's fat and "poe-faced"; although maybe you've found people are ashamed of you for different reasons!

No need to get personal.

Nope.

I'd agree it's stupid for a 55+ falang to be fathering children. Who wants to be parenting teenagers when you are 70+? However, bear in mind the pressure to have kids comes from the Thai women - they don't regard themselves as complete without at least one child.

Having said that, a lot of older falangs appreciate having a younger female taking care of them in their dotage - a lot better deal than they will get in their home country.

It's probably the Thai males that are disgusted. My experience is multiple Thai females either wanting to bond with me, or find a falang for them. And I'm 72. As I understand it from these women, Thai males treat them like shit, and falangs are regarded as a much better partner.

They want to bond with you because they figure you're going to die soon and leave the coin to them.

Tell me you understand that

Thailand could make it easy for people from places like Vietnam and the Philippines live and work here. Then you'd start to see good customer service in the various shops. Isn't that what ASEAN is going to do?

They could also crack down on places like that ripoff fish restaurant in Bangkok.

They could fine tourists for jaywalking in front of cars. The Chinese come to mind.

Make the 90 day visa check ins an annual thing

A year visa is a year visa ... why check in every 90 days

They should treat foreigners the same way other countries treat Thai's

Make it easier to get residency and citizenship if you have legitimate ties - kids / wife

Thailand could make it easy for people from places like Vietnam and the Philippines live and work here. Then you'd start to see good customer service in the various shops. Isn't that what ASEAN is going to do?

They could also crack down on places like that ripoff fish restaurant in Bangkok.

They could fine tourists for jaywalking in front of cars. The Chinese come to mind.

Your second last sentence, what about cars and motorbikes who won't stop at crossings to allow pedestrians to cross?

Nope.

They want to bond with you because they figure you're going to die soon and leave the coin to them.

Tell me you understand that

Yes I do - and your point is? What does it matter where my coin goes once I'm dead?

I think if they improved things for Thais they would improve for us. Starting with Laws that are enforced properly

Yes, any government's priorities should be aimed at their own people first. Despite what the perpetual whiners go on about. life here for farang is already far more comfortable than it is for a lot of nationals. And most of those farang who seem so miserable here would probably be worse off if they stayed in the countries from which they fled.

No farang government spends a great deal of time worrying about accommodating foreigners. If anything their interest in foreigners is concerned with keeping them out unless they're bringing money and/or needed skills.

Maybe if farang governments worked on improving life back in Farang Utopia there wouldn't be so many unemployable, unqualified, economic refugees here.

Well you wrong...

In my country once foreigners are allowed in then over some years time they end up with the exact same rules and benefits as i have...

Some examples,insurance,passports,landowning,education,justice.social security all no difference.

Example a Thai lady would marry a guy from my country then she gets all these benefits just as if she was born in my country.Now that is not the same here if i marry a thai girl then still my rights are completely limited here in thailand..

So the difference is the behavior of governments in dealing with foreigners.

Not all governments are unfair/unfriendly towards foreigners like here in Thailand is the practice.

If the USA is your country then they should be less friendly to foreigners. The Viet nam era refugees are still raping the government for bogus benefits. The schools are over burdened with non english speaking students who's parents aren't legal.

The whole arguement of the US being a land of immigrants is true, but they were brought to the US to work, not to be be freeloaders with their bill being placed on the shoulders of the taxpayer.

I can't get a visa for my G/F to visit the US but people can walk from mexico and be welcomed in the US and be allowed to have a drivers license. So, Thailand's policies towards foreigners should be adopted by other nations.

Edited by thehelmsman

Nope.

What's up! Do the girls prefare the older blokes to you, maybe you lost a g/f to an older guy,get over it.

Nope.

What's up! Do the girls prefare the older blokes to you, maybe you lost a g/f to an older guy,get over it.

Or it's just the usual troll-like wind up that some posters just can't resist.

Hilarious thread. So much 'they need to do this' and 'they should do that'.

No. They don't need to do any of this shit. And I can't think of a single reason why they should - certainly not because a bunch of whiny, entitled farangs want things their way in someone else's country.

Hilarious thread. So much 'they need to do this' and 'they should do that'.

No. They don't need to do any of this shit. And I can't think of a single reason why they should - certainly not because a bunch of whiny, entitled farangs want things their way in someone else's country.

Dammit. I'm agreeing with SoiBiker again!facepalm.gif