Khon Kaen, Phra Yuen gym/car hire

CJK1

Hello all,

I am moving to Khon Kaen around October time and will be staying in Ban Salom near Phra Yuen.

Can anybody recommend a Muay Thai and a weight lifting gym near by? Preferably within 20km but I don't mind traveling further if I need to.

Also can anybody recommend a car hire company in Khon Kaen city or near Phra Yuen? I will be looking to rent a car for around 4 months.

I don't turn 25 until the end of December and according to the airport website I cant hire a car as a 24 year old.

Thanks in advance

CJK1

OK, here goes: If you come into Khon Kaen from the North, you would go past the Big C on the Right and then turn right at the next light which is Tanon BanKok. Follow that road in maybe 5 KM until you hit the 3rd 7-11 all 3 on the left.

You will then see signs for a Muay Thai gym on the right and a sign for weight training facility on the left. I have no info on either but they are both recent additions to the neighborhood.

avisthailand DOT com - they have a branch in Khonkaen, are a very reputable company that I have used on many occasions and offer very good rates for monthly rentals, particularly during low season and at not-so-sought-after secondary destinations such as Khonkaen.

I would suggest to contact BOTH their HQ in Bangkok as well as their branch in Khonkaen and inquire, as you might get a different deal from each of them, then choose the better one

avisthailand DOT com - they have a branch in Khonkaen, are a very reputable company that I have used on many occasions and offer very good rates for monthly rentals, particularly during low season and at not-so-sought-after secondary destinations such as Khonkaen.

I would suggest to contact BOTH their HQ in Bangkok as well as their branch in Khonkaen and inquire, as you might get a different deal from each of them, then choose the better one

He can't hire from a car hire company as he is not 25.

There are two muay thai gyms and two weights gyms off Tanon Bankok mentioned above. There's also a good muay thai gym closer to the centre of town, down the little soi that runs past Wine 22 called Pajornpai. One of the gyms off Tanon Bankok is actually the new Pajornpai, but the old one is for more traditional training. I can help you find any of the above if you are stuck.