I am never wrong driver.

wow64

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP was sitting still, at a traffic light, with cars ahead and behind, when someone runs into him, yet some believe it is his fault.... Only on TVF...

He only claims to have been stationary at the moment the mirror was taken off.

Before that, he seems to have been fixated on not allowing the BMW to cut into the lane in front of him.

Which was perfectly legal. But we would contend, not very nice, not very smart, and contrary to local driving customs.

and contrary to local driving customs.

As in, most Thais will let you get in front of them? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The OP was sitting still, at a traffic light, with cars ahead and behind, when someone runs into him, yet some believe it is his fault.... Only on TVF... gigglem.gif

no sir, that was only part of the entire event........by his own admission
I think you are confused with what happened. During this traffic incident I was stationary at a red light. There was no lead up as some have put it.. I could see what was happening but was stationary so it was not possible for me to even let him in.

I have called this thread "I am never wrong driver" it would seem many posters on this thread would have been of the same attitude as this driver.

Seems a lot of the bad drivers styles have rubbed off on many here.

Edited by wow64

The OP was sitting still, at a traffic light, with cars ahead and behind, when someone runs into him, yet some believe it is his fault.... Only on TVF... gigglem.gif

I think you are confused with what happened. During this traffic incident I was stationary at a red light. There was no lead up as some have put it.. I could see what was happening but was stationary so it was not possible for me to even let him in.

I have called this thread "I am never wrong driver" it would seem many posters on this thread would have been of the same attitude as this driver.

If anyone is confused...I refer to your opening statement...

"Driving home last night in the evening rush on Narathiwas Road/Sathorn intersection BKK had a driver in a BMW Z4 consistently driving/merging into my lane."

there was clearly a build-up even by your account......

It seems to me that you could also include yourself in the attitude referred to in the title? Your account certainly doesn't seem to suggest you as the arbiter of what is good or bad driving in Thailand

Edited by cumgranosalum

We drive just fine.

But we have adjusted to the driving customs here (where we are actually driving) without passing judgment on whether they are good or they are bad. And that means sometimes we let people cut in front of us even though we really do have the legal right of way. Sometimes at a red light, I even back up to make room for the guy. (Have to admit that sometimes I still play slow speed chicken, but I always regret it right after I do- so I try not to do it so much)

Because I'd rather lose 10 seconds at the light, than hold up traffic (and my own progress) for an hour because the other guy dented me. Even if it's his fault, and I have it all on camera, what fun is that?

If anyone is confused...I refer to your opening statement...

"Driving home last night in the evening rush on Narathiwas Road/Sathorn intersection BKK had a driver in a BMW Z4 consistently driving/merging into my lane."

there was clearly a build-up even by your account......

It seems to me that you could also include yourself in the attitude referred to in the title? Your account certainly doesn't seem to suggest you as the arbiter of what is good or bad driving in Thailand

The quote you took from my post.. Does not say I was moving at all... He was and went past in the process taking off his mirror. "In a z4 consistently driving/ merging into my lane.. "

I understand its always blame the farang here.. granted I should have jumped out of my car and warned him he was about to hit me.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

I was stationary at a red light in traffic. There were cars stopped in front and behind me.

"Road rage"? I told someone to f/off that walked up to my window yelling at me. Not very diplomatic I admit.

so you think that wasn't road rage???

No I was politely telling him to go back to his car.

(DELETED)

"I told someone to f/off that walked up to my window yelling at me" - this is your idea of polite? i really think my your own account you have trouble with anger management and appear to be in denial about the whole thing.

The OP was sitting still, at a traffic light, with cars ahead and behind, when someone runs into him, yet some believe it is his fault.... Only on TVF...

Before that, he seems to have been fixated on not allowing the BMW to cut into the lane in front of him.

Which was perfectly legal. But we would contend, not very nice, not very smart, and contrary to local driving customs.

Conjecture and innuendo...

Were you there? If not, you are grasping at straws, and for what, an internet argument?

Conjecture and innuendo...

Were you there? If not, you are grasping at straws, and for what, an internet argument?

Yes he is trolling for one.

"He claims to have been stationary" do you want to fill me in on what else happened while you are at it.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

Supposedly in 5 years time you will be able to blame the car and save 3 pages of back and forth recriminations...........whistling.gif

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/insurance/motorinsurance/11614723/Why-bad-driving-will-be-eliminated-by-2020-and-car-insurance-costs-will-plummet.html

And before anybody says it yes I know it will take a lot longer here.

there is o such thing as an "accident" - this was a minor RTC - no-one has apportioned blame.

however no collision is EVER entirely the fault of one person.... blame is "apportioned".

it is quite clear from the OP that the he was aware and even interacted with the other driver and vehicle before the collision and had made up his mind on how to react to him......i would say his actions were also inappropriate

In the dictionariesI read:

Sationary= stopped= not moving.

I have never seen anyone able to swithch lanes while stationary, stoppedor not moving.

Do you people have a problem with comprehension of the English language?