Surf report

beechbum

Couldn't find the old one.

Was at Nai Harn yesterday, couldn't help but laugh while watching what I guess where Eastern Europeans and Chinese standing right in the impact zone of the shore break during the high, 2 to 3 foot beach brake was absolutely smashing them and quite a few bikini tops getting re-arranged!

Was surfable on the change of tide the day before but the shore lines quite steep and banks haven't formed up properly yet.

Anyone checked any other breaks in the last few days?

Edited by beechbum

Good waves at haad sai kaew and natai near the new coral hotel but i'm no pro only a old windsurfer.

Did you try natai phang nga?

Last time was about 6yrs ago, it was ok but not much shape, closing out to much unfortunately, maybe worth a road trip in a month or 2.

starting to pick up here in Kamala but still not that good

next month!!

I remember about 4 or 5 yrs ago had one of the best surfs I've had here at Kamala, big day, overcast and occasionally raining, I think there was 2 others out at the north end, getting rides from way out the back almost finishing in the middle of the bay, have had a few similar days at Kata Noi.

Nai Yang often has a good break off the reef near National Park, and Robbo always surfed down the southern end of Nai Yang bay before he headed off a while ago.

He often complained of the aerialists though.

smile.png

Nai Yang often has a good break off the reef near National Park, and Robbo always surfed down the southern end of Nai Yang bay before he headed off a while ago.

He often complained of the aerialists though.

Robbo shaped some great boards over the yeats and i totaly agree re the kite surfers. Edited by beechbum

Hi OC,

The video in the link you sent wouldn't play.....said it couldn't connect to the server, sorry.

It's a live web cam not a video.

I couldn't make it work on my old computer either, I don't have the technical knowledge to help.

As I live on the other side of the mountain pictured, it can let me know what weather is coming my way.

Old Croc, you're a god-like figure! thumbsup.gif

It didn't work on my phone but it works perfectly now, on my laptop.

What a brilliant idea!! biggrin.png

I watch the wind more than the waves because I have power kites for a kite buggy. There's a football field very close to the Nai Harn wind turbine where I can fly and the webcam will help me get a feel for the conditions: it's approx 7km north of the wind turbine.

It's a 3-wheeled go-kart-type thing which you sit on very low to the ground, and it's pulled along by the power kite that you're flying. There will be lots of photos on the Internet. It's fun and can get interesting in high winds!

Old Croc, you're a god-like figure! thumbsup.gif

It didn't work on my phone but it works perfectly now, on my laptop.

What a brilliant idea!! biggrin.png

I watch the wind more than the waves because I have power kites for a kite buggy. There's a football field very close to the Nai Harn wind turbine where I can fly and the webcam will help me get a feel for the conditions: it's approx 7km north of the wind turbine.

Might be wise to get permission from the local orbortor to fly at that field. They don't take kindly to people using that field randomly.

@Steelepulse

Noo Waaay!..............in Thailand, land of the free??

I'm a noob in LOS so you may well know better than me, however in South Africa where I've just moved from (and another relatively rule-free country) it's usually best to just go for it without asking, because asking and being told NO means that you can't claim ignorance if a problem arises.

I don't think I'll find somewhere right on the coast with the same flying potential and in the south of the island.

The first time I went there, there was a bloke who was probably some sort of caretaker. He obviously had keys to the small building at the field because the door was open. He watched with interest and was perfectly friendly as we said hello and goodbye.

I'm inclined not to seek permission but I am interested to learn about LOS, so why do you think that someone might have a problem with my flying there?

wai.gif

@Steelepulse

Noo Waaay!..............in Thailand, land of the free??

I'm a noob in LOS so you may well know better than me, however in South Africa where I've just moved from (and another relatively rule-free country) it's usually best to just go for it without asking, because asking and being told NO means that you can't claim ignorance if a problem arises.

I don't think I'll find somewhere right on the coast with the same flying potential and in the south of the island.

The first time I went there, there was a bloke who was probably some sort of caretaker. He obviously had keys to the small building at the field because the door was open. He watched with interest and was perfectly friendly as we said hello and goodbye.

I'm inclined not to seek permission but I am interested to learn about LOS, so why do you think that someone might have a problem with my flying there?

wai.gif

You should be OK when no one is there, but quite often there are many people there either running on the track, or playing football, so if you tried to do something, someone will definitely say something to you after giving you the stink eye. I know this from both word of mouth and first hand experience. That field needs to be booked for any activities.

That being said, once a big storm blows through and erodes all the soft sand at Nai Harn, you'll be able to do your thing there on the same type of sand as pictured in your photo.