Canadian man’s elephant selfie in Thailand goes viral

webfact

B.C. man’s elephant selfie in Thailand goes viral
By Amy Judd

el.jpg
This elephant selfie is garnering worldwide attention.
Credit: Christian LeBlanc

VANCOUVER – Call it an elephant selfie or an ‘elphie’, but it’s capturing the attention of media around the world.

Christian LeBlanc and his girlfriend Laura Reid, both from White Rock, have been travelling in Asia for the past few months. LeBlanc is a University of British Columbia student, studying abroad in Thailand, who has completed his studies and is now exploring that part of the world with Reid.

The photo that is generating so much attention was actually taken about two months ago on Koh Phangan Island. LeBlanc and Reid were staying on the island for the full moon party.

Full story: http://globalnews.ca/news/2008382/b-c-mans-elephant-selfie-in-thailand-goes-viral/

-- Global News Canada 2015-05-21

Whats the big deal?

His GF took the photo.

Not a selfie!

Now, now, how can you be sure the elephant isn't snapping the pic?

“I was taking photos and feeding the elephant bananas until I ran out of bananas and the elephant grabbed my Gopro while the camera was set to ‘timelapse’,” said LeBlanc in an email interview. “This allowed the camera continuous shooting and enabled it to take the ‘elphie’! Couldn’t believe it when I saw how well the photo turned out.”

EDIT: spel chqur

Edited by HeijoshinCool

Sorry, you can call me cynical..........But I think his girlfriend took that photo.

Fact is elephants are very inquisitive......Go close enough hold up a camera, the elephant will want to know what you have and he'll use his trunk to sniff it. I don't think it would be hard at all to get a shot like the one.

post-69255-0-88286700-1432173489_thumb.j

Here I was just taking a snap, some 6 months ago and no................. I know it's not the same as the 'selfie' one, but I could have created one very easy if I had thought of doing it. Push the camera in, let the trunk come forward ....move the camera to my right and the trunk will bend in to keep sniffing.........It will look like a elephant selfie!

Fact is I don't have a issue with it, I like the photo, and will do one of my own when the opportunity arises.............................I just don't think the elephant did it...

I'm bored - anyone? coffee1.gif

Tusk, tusk. I find it amusing.

Possibly because your the guy that tells us all----glad I left Thailand...but I just live on this

forum for the intellectual stimulation. ...........coffee1.gif

I'm bored - anyone? coffee1.gif

Tusk, tusk. I find it amusing.

Possibly because your the guy that tells us all----glad I left Thailand...but I just live on this

forum for the intellectual stimulation. ...........coffee1.gif

Yes remember the post cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Can we ban the term 'go viral' it makes me puke in my mouth.

Evidently you nauseate easily. Meanwhile you're fine with the idea of puking in your mouth. Go figure.

Edited by HerbalEd

Definitely not a 'Selfie'. Do these people even know what they are saying? Do they understand?

Evidently you're the one who doesn't understand. The elephant took a photo of itself ... i.e.,the elephant took a selfie.

This elephant selfie is garnering worldwide attention.

blink.png

wy? they never saw an elephant before....if i do it with my dog is it going to be worldwide attention.?

It's that they never saw where an elephant took a photo of itself. Do you actually not understand or are you just a grumpy old man without even a little sense of humor?

BTW ... yes, if you post a photo that your dog took of itself then it's definitely possible it would get worldwide attention.

Edited by HerbalEd

Can we ban the term 'go viral' it makes me puke in my mouth.

What is viral about this? I have many pictures of me taken with elephants and tigers. The elephant did not take the camera and where is the g/f? oh yes she is taking the picture. The full moon party is that where when the moon is full you shuck your pants and bend over backwards? I do that everyday in the bathroom.

When I joined this forum the word "selfie" did not exist !!

How the world moves on eh?

Yes it has and what the flippin' eck is ' gone viral ' Is viral bigger than a google. Sorry , just uploading my outlook. Going to the pub soon forgive my clap.

Much better than the other elephant photo being circulated showing some sick American hunter woman posing over the carcass of the poor beast she has just shot.

Agree ... Someone should pose over her carcass - stupid biatch ...sick.gif