Thai Tourism Min issues eastern provinces tourism development policies

webfact

Minister of Tourism and Sports issues eastern provinces tourism development policies

kob.jpg

CHONBURI, 21 May 2015 (NNT) -The Minister of Tourism and Sports has announced tourism development policies for four Eastern Provinces focusing on the integration of the work of all departments while promoting sustainable tourism.

The Minister of Tourism and Sports Ms.Kobkarn Wattanawarangkul presided over a meeting of tourism development committees of the east coast regional tourism development sector, consisting of Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat provinces.

The Provincial Governors, representatives from the Office of Tourism and Sports, representatives of the provinces' Federations of Industry and Chambers of Commerce in the four provinces also attended the meeting.

The Minister of Tourism and Sports reiterated at the meeting that the government has a policy of sustainable tourism development, involving a management plan for each province which has to be practical in nature.

It must emphasize the integration of all units, take the environment into consideration, and must cover Thai, ASEAN, Indian, Middle eastern and disabled tourists.

Moreover, The East Coast regional tourism development will make its selling points the Sea, Beaches, Festivals or events and Eco-tourism.

Such a move will be within the vision of beach tourism, with a colorful eastern coastline that is eco-friendly and brings together the people of many nations.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-05-21 footer_n.gif

post-115850-0-88267700-1432182327_thumb.

Does this mean they will stop dumping garbage from Bangkok into the Gulf which then washes back onto the south facing beaches after every storm event?post-115850-0-54445600-1432182404_thumb.

Will they do anything about air pollution in the area?

I don't think I've ever seen a British Minister of tourism order policies for individual parts of the country? Or for the country as a whole either. I would like to see how a letter would be recieved by hoteliers etc telling them which countries they have to pitch.... Even after 15 years I still get bewildered by it all