PM Prayut announces new education campaign at Ministry of Education

webfact

PM announces new education campaign at Ministry of Education

BANGKOK, 21 May 2015 (NNT) - Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha presided over the launch of a new campaign at the Ministry of Education, saying that knowledge should go hand in hand with discipline.

Under the education campaign, the daily satellite broadcast of a distance learning program from Wang Klai Kangwon School will extend coverage to more remote areas of the country.

General Prayut stressed that his government will make worthwhile investments in education, as it is the foundation of national growth.

The premier claimed that education reform should be made specifically towards individual and national needs, rather than in the scope of the constitution.

Thai education must also cater to job market demands, in order to address shortages of skilled workers.

He added that students should be taught to have a better understanding and acceptance about people with different backgrounds or believes.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-05-21 footer_n.gif

I'm certain he is sincere but I imagine the entrenched bureaucracy in the Education Department is as intransigent as the Royal Thai Police in regards to change. He definitely has his work cut out. I hope he puts some ramrod general in charge who won't take no from the Education Department bureaucracy or the teacher's unions. In the US, teacher's unions are the biggest impediment to education reform.

Waitforualso... pls explain which of his ideas are archaic. Teachung kids understanding of other cultures or preparing kids to become a successful part of their workforce? im confused about ur opinions. Would u rather he stressed teaching bigotry and autonomous learning so kids choose whatever they want to kearn even if it means having no relevance to the surrounding economy?

He added that students should be taught to have a better understanding and acceptance about people with different backgrounds or believes.

Well put.

I think its beliefs as Believes is the third person singular of the present tense of "to believe".

maybe its a typo

The announcement has been made, now lets see that's the 5th in 10 months about education , what is going to or need to happen . nearly as many as the PTP Governments efforts on education and they sure did a lot of talking coffee1.gif

be careful what you are wishing for...educated lower class could lead to the real revolution...

A revolution from an educated class would be better than from a poorly educated one. Why? The latter can easily be manipulated by self-serving scroungers.

Edited by trogers

Come on ya'll! It is not a bad idea P has. The problem is that no matter what he says the schools and teachers and ministry will nod their heads in agreement and then do the same that they always do.

How many of you remember when he told all gov employees and offices that it was mandatory to prepare for ASEAN and 1 day a week English was required to be spoken while at work? Then ask yourself when was the last time you saw 2 Thais talking in English at work? (Prostitutes and working girls don't count)

From what I recall my wife telling me. It didn't last 1 whole shift and was never mentioned or done after in her ministry office.

"General Prayut stressed that his government will make worthwhile investments in education, as it is the foundation of national growth."

Amazing that nobody thought of this before.....he really is a visionary.

Still the HiSo Chinese Thais can afford international schools and sending their kids overseas, so no great urgency, is there?

Just out of idle curiosity.. where do his family's kids get educated?

Edited by bangon04

I'm certain he is sincere but I imagine the entrenched bureaucracy in the Education Department is as intransigent as the Royal Thai Police in regards to change. He definitely has his work cut out. I hope he puts some ramrod general in charge who won't take no from the Education Department bureaucracy or the teacher's unions. In the US, teacher's unions are the biggest impediment to education reform.

You joking or just stupid knowledge goes hand in hand with information and knowledge give tools to handle dictators with out violence do I need to go on or did you skip class so it's not ringing any bells

Yes you need to go on but in a way that is coherent and understandable.

"General Prayut stressed that his government will make worthwhile investments in education"

Just like his government's investment in Thailand's infrastructure, all he needs is for China and Japan to make the investments.

General Prayut stressed that his government will make worthwhile investments in education, as it is the foundation of national growth.

The premier claimed that education reform should be made specifically towards individual and national needs, rather than in the scope of the constitution.

Thai education must also cater to job market demands, in order to address shortages of skilled workers.'

So why does he allow hundreds of thousands of families to send their children to College to train to be a teacher when there are no jobs (unless you pay the principal)?

I think I saw that a Thai university student just scored 7 out of 100 in an English examination.

Bit of an uphill struggle for this project?

Did you read the test that the Thai student sat?

They didn't just translate the English word to Thai (transliteration) or have to know the Thai word for English word. They had to translate the SOUND of the English word!

Actually write in Thai how the English word sounds with correct Thai tone marks etc!

Not as easy as it sounds!