One-year Marriage Extension

Trying to sort out the documentation details for the one-year O extension based on marriage. A week ago Sunbelt Asia posted a list (below) with the heading "List of Documents for Marriage Visa (Thai Wife)". I trust this was probably the list for the extension. Tried the Immigration website to verify, but the link for "supporting wife" extension under the "required documents" link did not work--actually none of links there seemed to work. Just want to confirm that this is the correct list, and get a few other clarifications

1) Is any time during the last 30 days of the existing O visa ok for filing the extension--including the last day of the visa--not that I would want cut it that close?

2) What specifically is item 8 "Family certificate of I.D. Card and Household of Thai Wife." I've not seen that specific document referenced on TV before, is that just another term for House Registration.

3) Must the wife's house registration be the same as the house in which we are currently living. Currently it is not?

4) The "Clarification of Marital Status before Marriage" documents are to be obtained by me from my embassy, and for her at the district office? We already have our marriage certificate translated and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, do we still need this "Clarification before Marriage"?

Thanks.

********From Sunbelt Asia*************

List of Documents for Extension of stay Based on support of a Thai national

1. Copy of Household Registration of Thai Wife.

2. Copy of Identification Card of Thai Wife.

3. Copy of Marriage Certificate

Remark : Please Bring all Originals and copies

List of Documents for Marriage Visa (Thai Wife)

1. Application form TM 7 with 2x2 inch square photo’s attached.

2. Application fee Baht 1,900.

3. A valid passport.

4. Copy of Marriage Certificate.

5. Clarification of Marital Status before Marriage.

6. Letter from Thai Bank stating that your account has no less than Baht 400,000 balance or letter of guarantee of pension income from your Embassy. Making an annual sum of no less than Baht 400,000 Baht.

7. An up-to-date Bank book.

Letter from the bank stating when the funds arrived and a letter from the bank stating the current bank balance. Both letters must no be more than 72 hours old when applying for the extension.

8. Family certificate of I.D. Card and Household of Thai Wife.

9. Copy of birth certificates of children. (if any)

10. Photo of place of residence. ( must show house’s number)

11. Map of place of residence and telephone.

12. If under the age of 50 and working, a letter of guarantee from your employer.

13. Pictures of your wives clothes and your clothes in the same closet, picture of you and your wife on a living room sofa and a picture of the outside of the house with the house number in the picture. (Not required if you have children together and have the birth certificate)

Some may find they don't need #13 and other times they will find they need the pictures.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

The immigration web site links (pop ups) work but only with IE. The do not work with Firefox or the current Opera browsers.

1. Yes.

2. Home Register Book (the blue book where she is registered) and ID card.

3. Not sure but would take both Home Register and lease type paperwork for where now residing.

4. I did not need but can not speak for others.

Best advise is to talk with the office you plan to use.

Trying to sort out the documentation details for the one-year O extension based on marriage. A week ago Sunbelt Asia posted a list (below) with the heading "List of Documents for Marriage Visa (Thai Wife)". I trust this was probably the list for the extension. Tried the Immigration website to verify, but the link for "supporting wife" extension under the "required documents" link did not work--actually none of links there seemed to work. Just want to confirm that this is the correct list, and get a few other clarifications

1) Is any time during the last 30 days of the existing O visa ok for filing the extension--including the last day of the visa--not that I would want cut it that close?

2) What specifically is item 8 "Family certificate of I.D. Card and Household of Thai Wife." I've not seen that specific document referenced on TV before, is that just another term for House Registration.

3) Must the wife's house registration be the same as the house in which we are currently living. Currently it is not?

4) The "Clarification of Marital Status before Marriage" documents are to be obtained by me from my embassy, and for her at the district office? We already have our marriage certificate translated and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, do we still need this "Clarification before Marriage"?

Thanks.

Answers to your 4 questions

1. No. the application should be made at least 3 weeks before the visa expires

2 A copy of your wife's I.D card and a copy of her Tabien Baan where she is registerd as living

3. It is normal for the immigration dep't to make a call at your place of residence to check that you are living together at the address you have given to them.

4 I've not been asked in the past for this.

Hope this helps,

geoffphuket

Thank you both. Yes, switched to IE and pulled-up the the Immigration Dept. list fine, a bit different from the Sunbelt Asia list, nothing about photos. Good idea about the propety docs, they are in her name.

All the best, Salween

***************From Thai Immigration*********

1. Immigration Form 7

2. Copy of passport

3. A 4 cm. X 6 cm. Photograph

4. A 1,900 baht application fee

5. Marriage Certificate

6. Birth Certificate (if any)

7. Financial evidence showing financial status of the husband

1. Bank account pass-book, personal bank statement of the account owner.

2. Evidence indicating income along with related documents. If receiving pension, a document of pension payment certified by the embassy or consulate of the country that pays pension is needed.

3. In case of working in Thailand, Work permit and evidence of tax payment are required.

8. Documents indicating Thai nationality or permanent residence of the wife such as identification card (ID), census registration address / residence identification, or passport (in case that the wife is a permanent resident)

9. A record of interviewing the applicant and his wife.

10. Applicant must accompany his wife to the Immigration Bureau office to certify of all the documents. The couple will be able to confirm that they are still husband and wife.

11. Evidence certified by the applicant's embassy or consulate showing the applicant's marital status.

12. The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents from the applicant if necessary.