Non-O (Retirement) in Penang

I am over 50 and have more than 800,000 baht in a bank account for more than 3 months. I am planning to apply for a Non-O in Penang next week with a view of extending in the future in Jomtien.

What do I need?

Passport to show my age?

Bank book? Do I also need a letter from the bank?

Anything else?

Can I get a multiple entry Non-O?

For what a read I apply in the morning and collect the follow day. Is this still the case?

Do I need a return ticket to enter Malaysia. I am flying to Penang on AirAsia but was planning to return over land.

whistling.gif Personally, I don't believe they will allow you to.

However, please post your experiences on this forum, whatever happens.

At best, I expect you will get no more than a 90 day single entry visa which you can then extend in Thailand at your local immigration.

And my guess is that in Penang they will want 5000 Baht for that single entry 90 day Non O visa that they do give you at best.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

They will do a single entry non-o visa without problem.

Just your bank book showing 800k baht (3 months is not a requirement) updated shortly before you leave the country. No need for a bank letter.

Apply the morning of one day and pickup the next afternoon.

There have been reports in the past of them doing a multiple entry visa with financial proof. But if you plan on getting an extension their is not need for one.

whistling.gif Personally, I don't believe they will allow you to.

However, please post your experiences on this forum, whatever happens.

At best, I expect you will get no more than a 90 day single entry visa which you can then extend in Thailand at your local immigration.

And my guess is that in Penang they will want 5000 Baht for that single entry 90 day Non O visa that they do give you at best.

What makes you think they will not do a single entry visa. Or he will have to pay 5000 baht to get. It will be 220RM for a single entry non-o. A multiple entry visa would be 550RM.

They will do a single entry non-o visa without problem.

Just your bank book showing 800k baht (3 months is not a requirement) updated shortly before you leave the country. No need for a bank letter.

Apply the morning of one day and pickup the next afternoon.

There have been reports in the past of them doing a multiple entry visa with financial proof. But if you plan on getting an extension their is not need for one.

The reason that a multiple entry would be useful is that I might need to return to the UK at short notice before I can apply for the extension. I thought a that would be easier that arranging a re-entry permit.

If you were leaving from either Bangkok airport you could get the re-entry permit 24 hours a day on departure from the country.

You would just need to be sure you re-entered the country before the 90 day entry ends.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say I got a multi entry. The only requirement was a bank book showing 800,000 baht. Cost was 550RM. They originally asked for a letter from my home country confirming I retired but it did not seem to be a problem when a said I did not have one.