Recent experiences with PR and citizenship

Hi forum members,

I am in the process of getting together my documents for PR with the intention of applying for citizenship after 5 years. I would really like to hear about recent experiences (especially since the new government) with PR and citizenship applications. I have read about unacceptably long processing times in the past but also that things are more efficient with the new government.

Another question I have is if I was granted PR and lived outside of Thailand for a couple of years, would I have to return to Thailand specifically just before the date on my IMM-QUOTA visa and residence book or would there be a window in which this could be done (such as holidays etc).

Thanks

All information about PR here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/74654-cameratas-guide-to-the-permanent-residence-process/unread/

It is regularly updated.

If you leave Thailand you must return within 1 year of leaving, failure to do so will result in losing your PR status and starting all over again. If you leave Thailand on 1 June 2015 you must return before June 2016 and stay 1 day before you can leave again.

All information about PR here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/74654-cameratas-guide-to-the-permanent-residence-process/unread/

It is regularly updated.

If you leave Thailand you must return within 1 year of leaving, failure to do so will result in losing your PR status and starting all over again. If you leave Thailand on 1 June 2015 you must return before June 2016 and stay 1 day before you can leave again.

As it's kind of related to this... does that also apply if you are aiming to get citizenship after just three years because of marriage to thai woman and having 40k or higher salary that you pay taxes on in Thailand? I mean, if you have an employment in Thailand with 40k+ salary can you leave Thailand for say 11 months, come back, stay one month and leave for 11 months again (and so one until 3 years has passed) without it affecting the citizenship chances?

Yes, that is no problem.

Persons might run into a problem in that case with regards to the working in Thailand part and being a tribute to Thai society. But say you work for a Thai company and travel frequently abroad on behalf of that company, it should not be a problem.

When leaving you need a special kind of re-entry permit, valid for 1 year. If you do not re-enter during the validity of the permit your PR becomes invalid.

If you stay in country you do not have to do anything, besides appearing once every 5 years at a police station. That is mere a formality and going late does not mean that your PR is cancelled.