Residents demand Pattaya stop sewage release

Rimmer

Residents demand Pattaya stop sewage release

n4sewage1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Naklua residents are demanding that Pattaya address a long-running problem of raw sewage flowing into the sea at the north end of town.

Last year, Pattaya installed a 1.3 million baht, 1-kilometer-long drainage pipe to dump storm runoff into the sea. A backhoe and other machinery were used to construct a barrier on the beach and large stones were placed along the construction area to prevent erosion.

However, for a year now, residents claim raw sewage has been continually released into the sea, causing pollution, a foul odor, and damage to the marine environment in the local water.

Boonma Pangrak, a Ban Rongmaikit community leader, said no organization has taken serious responsibility for the problem. He said it’s obvious the water being released into the ocean has not been processed by a waste-treatment plant.

He said residents are demanding some government agency step in to address the issue.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/residents-demand-pattaya-stop-sewage-release-47277#sthash.EedRXDJG.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-05-22 footer_n.gif

A well publicised map with names of the "luxury" condos ands hotels (especially the new developments) in the vicinity of the leakage will definitely help the matter rise to the top of the priority list. I hope the residents post it in Chinese, Russian, European and thai blogs.

North Pattaya ? The whole area from Jomtien to North Pattaya is a disaster. You will get sick swimming there with common problems like eye and ear infections. Go to the beer garden at South Pattaya and watch what comes out of the four round outlet pipes at the storm water outlet next door when it's raining. You will never swim at that beach again ,but then again most of Thailand is like that ,they only care about the tourist dollar not the environment . I have been trying for 3 years to stop the motor bike boys out the front of my condo throwing there cigarette butts down the drain and in the gutter. You think they give a fxxx ,the lazy assxxxxx.

I walked down WS to BH Pier last week. The stench of sewage permeated the air.

There is a pumping station that has screens to remove solid mater that will jam the pumps at the start of Walking Street, possibly they had just off loaded a load of solid mater into lorries for land fill.