PM Prayut says military junta determined to return happiness to people

Lite Beer

"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands"

"Serjeant Major, third man from left, rear rank, idle clapping- attitude adjustment- double him away!"

"Got him sah!"

Dear General,

If you really want to return all the " happiness " to the people, the solution is really simple.

Give them back the subsidies for the rice, make a new subsidy for the rubber, allow them to buy cars on the 7 year knock at subsidised rates, Etc Etc Etc.

General, you must understand that the people are so unhappy because they no longer get money they are accustomed too, for doing nothing, and now they have to actually try to make an honest living.

Give them back these things, and you will be a god in thier eyes

I'm happy that the politically-motivated killings and injuries have ended. I'm also happy that the important political decisions are being made within the nation, and not from a faraway oasis, sent down the line along with authentic desert mirages wrapped in pretty tinsel.

I don't have a vote here, but I don't like the feeling that a nation I am a guest in is having state decisions made from a faraway land, by somebody who is directing politics in a nation he can not even live in because he is a wanted criminal there. So was it more democratic back then? Not really. Taking orders from unelected persons overseas is not democracy, it is treason. So yes I am very happy that this is no longer the case.

I'm actually grateful for the pause in "democracy" (see above), so that the farming and factory communities have a chance to form new parties, with coherent policies to tackle their real and legitimate concerns as working people. And to present those concerns in the dignified manner that befits their honourable working lives. To have party leaders that are concerned with Thailand as a whole, and not with simple factionalism.

These good people were being manipulated by a person who exploited their hopes of having a voice, and that had to stop for the good of the nation. I will be very happy if new political leaders are using this current cool-down phase to organise and motivate people to step away from the celebrity tinsel of the past, and focus on the real critical infrastructure and QOL issues in ways that will make Thailand as a whole successful and prosperous, and yes happy.

"Serjeant Major, third man from left, rear rank, idle clapping- attitude adjustment- double him away!"

"Got him sah!"

Jag it is terrible, People at gunpoint forced into road building in Issan------more than 5 persons at check-outs 7-11 carted off in army transport--------students who show protest are taken to finish the Kanchantaburi -death railway----- finger nails taken off in detention camps-------- This is crazy--OTT but it gives a little clue into the thinking of this minority on TVF.

I'm happy that the politically-motivated killings and injuries have ended. I'm also happy that the important political decisions are being made within the nation, and not from a faraway oasis, sent down the line along with authentic desert mirages wrapped in pretty tinsel.

I don't have a vote here, but I don't like the feeling that a nation I am a guest in is having state decisions made from a faraway land, by somebody who is directing politics in a nation he can not even live in because he is a wanted criminal there. So was it more democratic back then? Not really. Taking orders from unelected persons overseas is not democracy, it is treason. So yes I am very happy that this is no longer the case.

I'm actually grateful for the pause in "democracy" (see above), so that the farming and factory communities have a chance to form new parties, with coherent policies to tackle their real and legitimate concerns as working people. And to present those concerns in the dignified manner that befits their honourable working lives. To have party leaders that are concerned with Thailand as a whole, and not with simple factionalism.

These good people were being manipulated by a person who exploited their hopes of having a voice, and that had to stop for the good of the nation. I will be very happy if new political leaders are using this current cool-down phase to organise and motivate people to step away from the celebrity tinsel of the past, and focus on the real critical infrastructure and QOL issues in ways that will make Thailand as a whole successful and prosperous, and yes happy.

Spot on...But on here your going to get this crowd of army bashers saying they were not elected, and 1 year has been too long to put the country back to order.

NO freedom-------not like before cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

>>Thailand was in a deadlock at the time – a democratic trap,” and all normal measures taken under the previous democratically elected administration had failed to break the impasse, he said.<< Quote

A democratic trap, he has a way with words, our friend Mr P.

If the army had done their duty under an elected government, the need for the coup might never had arisen.......

Oh silly me, I am missing the point...............coffee1.gif

Oh silly me, I am missing the point...............coffee1.gif

that he is just lying through his teeth... thumbsup.gif

Spot on...But on here your going to get this crowd of army bashers saying they were not elected, and 1 year has been too long to put the country back to order.

NO freedom-------not like before cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The 'army bashers' are indeed going to say they were not elected, probably because they weren't. Is it factually inaccurate or something?

I wouldn't bother Baboon, the plot is heading North, Ginjag is heading south at a rate of knots!

Ginjag's comments are taken seriously, and they are worth reading.

Yours are taken as a one-eyed, red flavored troll, whose comments seem to come out of a "book".

I wouldn't bother Baboon, the plot is heading North, Ginjag is heading south at a rate of knots!

Yours are taken as a one-eyed, red flavored troll, whose comments seem to come out of a "book".

cheesy.gif ...you, of all people....priceless!

"Prayut says military junta determined to return happiness to people"

Whatever it takes (threats, prison, lese majeste tool,...) the people will be happy, by force if necessary

some Thai people are happy. The ones who don't like elections and democracy are ecstatic ...

funny that they are precisely the ones who claim that the "uneducated" Thais don't understand democracy... coffee1.gif

Coming from you I regard that as something of a compliment, when I have time I may well adopt it as my signature block!

Coming from you I regard that as something of a compliment, when I have time I may well adopt it as my signature block!

personally, I thought the first sentence was precious...

whistling.gif

personally, I thought the first sentence was precious...

whistling.gif

Speaking as a "one-eyed red flavoured troll" (do you know, I wonder if his dislike of my views is morphing into something a tad more personal? ) I rather agree. However I could find no suitable comments in the "book".