Military junta has done a good job in a year performance, poll says

Lite Beer

Oh how things change in a day I recall reading the Government has achieved little to nothing in a year, today they have done a good job ! coffee1.gif

That is understandable when you realise the first opinion was expressed by a non-resident criminal deprived of his right to steal from the nation, and the second was of 1969 resident citizens polled with just the right questions.

hahahaha!!! get your calculator out and work any of those numbers 1969 people polled. Example: "suppression of corruption and influential people (30.17%), social reorganisation (17.16%)" So that's .594.0473 and 337.8804 people respectively. Do it on any of their quoted % and it doesn't work.

Agree, The Prime Minister and the goverment are doing a great job

erm are you being sarcastic?

They are a self imposed military government denying the Thai citizens their basic human rights = how ignorant can one be to say they are doing a good job?

What basic human rights are being denied exactly?

The right to throw grenades?

Life goes on the same as it did before except

- people aren't getting shot in the street

- politicians are pitting people against each other

- stolen land is being taken back

- the corrupt are more nervous

I'm about to go out to breakfast, on the way, I wont be stopped at any military checkpoints, I won't be asked to show my papers, in fact I am free to do everything I please.

...unless, it would please you to express your disagreement with the "government" or you might find pleasure in actually electing the government that represents you.

Errr...have you actually stepped foot in Thailand?

Fair chance that he won't be voting for anyone unless he has been granted citizenship in LOS..

They are a self imposed military government denying the Thai citizens their basic human rights = how ignorant can one be to say they are doing a good job?

ow ignorant can one be to say they are doing a good job?

Many Thais I know are convince too they are doing a great job! So allow me to believe there is a part of ignorance on your side too! coffee1.gif

It would be interesting to hear the Thai opinions if they think the new "PM" and his military are doing a good job and to hear the pluses and the minuses. Personally, I think the junta is doing a good job in "cleaning house"-enforcing ordances; not allowing mafia/thug-head bribes have influence, making sure certain cabinet members (as previously) are not pocketing government money set for infrastructure. Yes, we all get nervous about the PM finding freedom of speech as a threat. If he is doing a good job, he shouldn't have to worry and in a democracy, the leader will always hear critism. He should have tough skin to handle it.

Of course a poll would come out this way. Press and TV report what junta wants them to, and it's all good all the time. Being taught from early age the wisdom of not questioning those in authority, not how to think critically, having few to no alternative news sources.... My gf was watching BBC, France 24 etc with me regarding allegations trafficking racket goes very high up food chain in politics here.... did she ever hear about any of this on Thai news? Heck no...

The right to throw grenades?

Life goes on the same as it did before except

- people aren't getting shot in the street

- politicians are pitting people against each other

- stolen land is being taken back

- the corrupt are more nervous

I'm about to go out to breakfast, on the way, I wont be stopped at any military checkpoints, I won't be asked to show my papers, in fact I am free to do everything I please.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

how clueless can a poster be?

Check this list...

Tell me how many you come up with.. and be honest about it, OK?

If you think it takes a coup to get a few bike lanes and clean a few beaches, you put little value on personal freedoms and universal suffrage. But if you are like the other government shills who support quashing free speech, military law and attitude adjustments, then they are doing a great job.

Revisit these boards after 6 months away and it's the same crap both above and below the line. Six months ago, it was the same. And so on and so on back eight years or more and nothing has developed politically at all. It's like a hamster on a wheel nightmare, destined to run forever...

They ought to ask the people where I live what they think . . .

As no one knows where you live, would you please conduct a poll and post the results on here, and please include the province. Once you do this then we will understand what they are thinking and why. Please, do not keep us in suspense as this is what your post is doing at the present. Thanks.

They are doing a great job as I quoted

Edited by kevvy

Revisit these boards after 6 months away and it's the same crap both above and below the line. Six months ago, it was the same. And so on and so on back eight years or more and nothing has developed politically at all. It's like a hamster on a wheel nightmare, destined to run forever...

why dont gerbils ever get a shout out?

Amazing how many falangs from western countries welcome the junta which came in power by military coup, eliminating a democratically elected government. They are ignorants on the political level and from the same sort of people who helped Hitler to gain power in Germany in 1930ies. Thailand is further falling back, economy down, car industry down, car factories firing thousands of workers, prices up. World bank and Asian Development Bank numbers show it clearly enough. Prayuth speaks of "returning happiness to the people", but refuses to adjust the minimum salary PER DAY from 300 Baht to 340 Baht. Just a cheap joke.