Non Immigrant "ed" Visa From Penang Consulate

Lots of new VISA questions. Panic city!!!

I am a US citizen and received a NON IM "ED" for study last year. Its just about to expire and my school said they would issue a new invitation for another visa.

My question then is can I get this NON IM "ED" issued in Penang Malaysia or do I need to return home to the states?

Anyone have any experience getting one of these in Penang?

Thanks for any help

I am a US citizen and received a NON IM "ED" for study last year. Its just about to expire and my school said they would issue a new invitation for another visa.

My question then is can I get this NON IM "ED" issued in Penang Malaysia or do I need to return home to the states?

Thanks for any help

I have gotten non-imm-ed's in Sing and in Camboodia <Cambodia was a pain in the ass ... don't do it>

If your current visa is still valid and your school is legit they should be able to just give you a letter from the MoE and you can get the permission to stay in Thailand without leaving

Thanks for any help

I have gotten non-imm-ed's in Sing and in Camboodia <Cambodia was a pain in the ass ... don't do it>

If your current visa is still valid and your school is legit they should be able to just give you a letter from the MoE and you can get the permission to stay in Thailand without leaving

Thanks Jdinasia

I will go talk with the school tomorrow. I am shooting for another fresh Non Im ED multiple entry visa and not just a 90 day extension. If they give me a letter from the MoE then I take that to Immigration then what can I hope to get in terms of an extension or new Visa?

Yes, you can get the Non-Immigrant ED in Penang. I just got back from there last week to get one. I wrote a little about it at the bottom of this thread. Hope that's helpful.

Andyst

excellent summary for someone like me who will be going to Penang for the first time.

Was the visa fee you mentioned for the multi entry (good for one year variety) or just a single entry Non Immigrant "ED"

Glad to be of service. I wrote it because most of the information I was looking for was dotted about all over the place, on this site and on others. I think I remembered everything I was worried about before I went there, but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. I got a single entry visa, because my school told me I can extend for another 8 months at Thai Immigration. Can you not ask your school about doing something like that? If not, the Thai immigration website says that a multi-entry Non-Imm visa costs 5000 Baht, so in Penang it's probably around 500 RM.