Cost to refill home printer cartridges

kap

I have a Brother multifunction home printer. It uses four seperate ink cartridges, black and three colored ones. I went to Tukcom today to have them refilled and the first guy asked for 150 each, 600 total just to put a small amount of ink in each one (they are NOT large cartridges!). The second guy wanted 100 each, 400 total. I did it there once before about a year or so ago and thought that the total cost was 200 to 300. Does anybody know the approximate cost to refill these cartridges? I hate getting ripped off! Thanks in advance. Cheers.

P.S. Sorry, but I don't have the exact model number handy

Don't know the prices for Brother ink.

For HP a complete set of CMYK (four colors) plus four syringe/needles costs 150 Baht.

Bit of an inconvenient procedure to do it yourself.

ebay has the stuff.

about the same prices (~400) for four complete new tanks can be found on other Thai sites.

P.S.: now seen your answer "don't want to do it myself"...

Edited by KhunBENQ

Refilled my Brothers LC40 cartridges at Tukcom for 100 baht each, total 400 baht. It takes them 20 minutes and I did this 2 times already.

They have the original cartridges at Tukcom Powerbuy: 400 baht for the black one and 300 baht each for the color ones.

Last week I bought a set of extension ink cartridges for my Brother MFC-J200 from a small computer shop in the local village for 450 thb. The tricky bit was having to take the door off and fiddle the supplied bit of plastic to frig the microswitch.

You should be able to find something like that down in Pattaya without having to refill the cartridges yourself.

I live in rural Thailand and they weren't too hard to find.

Four cartridges refilled for 400 baht seems reasonable to me, even cheap. But if you want to avoid this problem, buy an accessory that is an External Tank. You can refill them as needed when you see they are low, plus your printer heads won't dry out necessitating buying a new printer.

Cartel-like overcharging is a national pastime here, especially in places like TukCom.

Given that you can buy a whole large bottle of ink for 100B at Tesco, it doesnt seem reasonable to pay more than a couple of hundred at most to have 4 small cartridges refilled.

I can buy a reconditioned and refilled toner cart from Amazon, including UK delivery and 20% VAT, for less than the cost of just having the same toner cart refilled here and paying in cash.

The inkjet printer manufacturers seem to have adopted the Gillette razor business model - sell the printer cheap and charge the earth for the replacement cartridges.

Here's an article I found useful for refilling my HP printer cartridges:

http://www.printerfillingstation.com/Refill-Instructions/HP/H44.htm

If you're going to try this you really do need to wear gloves and accept that you will make a mess, so better prepare for that.

And here's one that helped me out a lot with my Brother that kept getting clogged printhead nozzles, even with original Brother ink cartridges.

Clogged Nozzles_2.pdf

I went up to BKK for the weekend and decided to stop by Fortune IT Mall on Phra Ram 9. The first shop I went to asked for 900 to refill the set...perhaps they misunderstood me and gave me the price for a set of new cartridges. The next place only wanted 50 each, 200 total. I'll see how it works once I get back home...hopefully no issues.

Get it fitted with the external tanks, works extremely well on my cannon and then just top up the tanks when required, so very easy and cheap

I only print a handful of items per month/year, thus an external ink tank would be overkill. I'm ok paying 50 baht (200 total) for a cartridge refill, but not 100 (400 in total)! Unfortunately I couldn't get it done here in Pattaya (Tukcom)...