Our Punch List for Thai ministry of foreign affairs !

Here the results 92 % of the 700 voters would like to be able to buy a small land plot in their own name.Just only a poor 8% agrees with the u better go home brigade...

Since its only 8% i do not know why they have such big mouth on these forums while hardly anyone agreeing with them..Here i copy paste for u ..:

Poll: SURVEY: Should foreigners be allowed to own land? (722 member(s) have cast votes)

Should foreigners be allowed to own real estate?

• bullet_star_rated.png Yes, foreigners should be able to own any type of real estate that can be purchased by a Thai national. (133 votes [20.75%])

• Yes, foreigners should be able to own real estate, but the type and amound should be limited. (251 votes [39.16%])

• No, foreigners should not be allowed to buy real estate under any circumstances. (52 votes [8.11%])

• Foreigners should be allowed to own real estate if their home country allows Thais to own real estate. (205 votes [31.98%])

Some what's the next part of your cunning plan, take your manifesto, and results of your poll and burn your bra outside the Thai parliament ?

Who cares what the results of the poll are, the Lilley whites are are not going to be allowed land in your life time, and I would wager, if land ownership was granted for foreigners,the Chinese will be the first ones allowed to do it

I hear you re security guard whistles. What's the go with that? They whistle to tell you all clear? How do they alert you if you are going to actually hit something? Like many things here I'm guessing there's no logical reason or answer

Here the results 92 % of the 700 voters would like to be able to buy a small land plot in their own name.Just only a poor 8% agrees with the u better go home brigade...

Since its only 8% i do not know why they have such big mouth on these forums while hardly anyone agreeing with them..Here i copy paste for u ..:

Poll: SURVEY: Should foreigners be allowed to own land? (722 member(s) have cast votes)

Should foreigners be allowed to own real estate?

• bullet_star_rated.png Yes, foreigners should be able to own any type of real estate that can be purchased by a Thai national. (133 votes [20.75%])

• Yes, foreigners should be able to own real estate, but the type and amound should be limited. (251 votes [39.16%])

• No, foreigners should not be allowed to buy real estate under any circumstances. (52 votes [8.11%])

• Foreigners should be allowed to own real estate if their home country allows Thais to own real estate. (205 votes [31.98%])

Some what's the next part of your cunning plan, take your manifesto, and results of your poll and burn your bra outside the Thai parliament ?

Who cares what the results of the poll are, the Lilley whites are are not going to be allowed land in your life time, and I would wager, if land ownership was granted for foreigners,the Chinese will be the first ones allowed to do it

Why would i have to tell you our next step? Thais never do that either.

The recent poll has showed us that 92% of the 700 voters are unhappy with the current restricted laws in Thailand for us foreigners.

foreigners sadly have already stopped to invest their money in Thailand simply cause their current laws make it unattractive for us to invest.

Let see what future will bring from the current leaders i do not expect much in regard of opening the market for foreign investments.

Welcome to the recession.

I hear you re security guard whistles. What's the go with that? They whistle to tell you all clear? How do they alert you if you are going to actually hit something? Like many things here I'm guessing there's no logical reason or answer

My car has front and back sensors that warns me while parking...I do not need any guard with his whistle for parking..I guess your car does not have?

Okay i make u a deal let the friendly guards keep their whistles just grant us the other 14 suggestions in the post then..

:)

Thailand will go bankrupt because of half a dozen expats don't like the rules and culture and go home. Yeah right...

The situation its more complex..

There are many separate reasons why Thailand has fallen backwards...

Anyway 92% of the 700 voters voted for changes of rules and these are only TFV members already that is not half a dozen..

Then how many tausend other foreigners living in Thailand who did not even vote anyway all together making it a large group.

Seems this group unwilling making new investments

The Thai government appear to be well aware the country has fallen far behind and hence the take over. The govt genuinely does seem to be on a mission to boost infrastructure and bring many things up to speed which has had the spin off off boosting an otherwise negative growth. I see a lot of positive things happening as opposed to a lot of squabbling before. Education and the current curriculum is the biggest problem here and even a change now won't see benefit for another 5-10 years. Kids just aren't encouraged here to question things or show an interest in their history or other countries. When you have a senior teacher here ask if Australia is "up or down" or another can't name Thailands neighbouring countries there is something seriously wrong

Edited by Kenny202

Thailand will go bankrupt because of half a dozen expats don't like the rules and culture and go home. Yeah right...

Anyway 92% of the 700 voters voted for changes of rules and these are only TFV members already that is not half a dozen..

Then how many tausend other foreigners living in Thailand who did not even vote anyway all together making it a large group.

The Thai people I know are living better than ever.

The Thai people I know are living better than ever.

Thai economics dropped 3% in previous 3 months.

I would impose a mandatory "learn how to live with Thais" training for all foreigners wishing to stay in Thailand more than 6 months, as well as mandatory Thai language courses.

This may help many farangs feel already much better in the country they chose to come, and, at the end, understand that they can be quite happy without the Ministry of Foreign Affairs having to change anything.

Of course, this may not fix some important problems, such as the umbrellas and cool drinks (beer In this case, I guess) on the beaches...

you hit it on the head again gerry,,,, in the country they chose to come and live,

i told him that in his other thread,,,

THEY CHOSE TO COME AND LIVE HERE,,,

now they want to change everything

Yes, he made a bad choice to stay here. But it's not a big deal. He'll fix everything in no time. Thailand only have to change some stupid laws..And it will be a really perfect place for living!( at least for old farts who sometimes forget why they've stayed here at first place)

I would impose a mandatory "learn how to live with Thais" training for all foreigners wishing to stay in Thailand more than 6 months, as well as mandatory Thai language courses.

This may help many farangs feel already much better in the country they chose to come, and, at the end, understand that they can be quite happy without the Ministry of Foreign Affairs having to change anything.

Of course, this may not fix some important problems, such as the umbrellas and cool drinks (beer In this case, I guess) on the beaches...

you hit it on the head again gerry,,,, in the country they chose to come and live,

Yes, he made a bad choice to stay here. But it's not a big deal. He'll fix everything in no time. Thailand only have to change some stupid laws..And it will be a really perfect place for living!( at least for old farts who sometimes forget why they've stayed here at first place)

Your worries are only that your daily food court remain same dish price and that ur favorite gogo bar keep serve u 0,80 BHT beers..But there are persons with other concerns here too..by the way from 700 voters 92% agrees with this and you only represent a lousy 8 % u should be more humble.

Well lets see if Thailand will set up some program that attracts foreign investors.

What we have now is its bit poorly :

Land lease max 30 years.

Business for foreigners 49% and thais 51%.(often used to control house and land too)

Freehold hold condos.max 49% in a building

how about this :

For land plots bigger then one rai offer us a standard 99 years lease.

business for foreigner in Thailand make it 100% foreign freehold, company can not be used to control houses and land.

Land Plots till maximum one rai offer limited foreign ownership foreigner must min bring in the country 4 M BHT.Investment program based on malaysia model..

Make Condominiums in Hua hin,Pattaya,Phuket,Chiang mai ,Bangkok 100% foreigner free hold,now there many buildings only half sold.

These changes might bring back some foreign investments.

Your worries are only that your daily food court remain same dish price and that ur favorite gogo bar keep serve u 0,80 BHT beers..But there are persons with other concerns here too..by the way from 700 voters 92% agrees with this and you only represent a lousy 8 % u should be more humble.

Well lets see if Thailand will set up some program that attracts foreign investors.

What we have now is its bit poorly :

Land lease max 30 years.

Business for foreigners 49% and thais 51%.(often used to control house and land too)

Freehold hold condos.max 49% in a building

how about this :

For land plots bigger then one rai offer us a standard 99 years lease.

business for foreigner in Thailand make it 100% foreign freehold, company can not be used to control houses and land.

Land Plots till maximum one rai offer limited foreign ownership foreigner must min bring in the country 4 M BHT.Investment program based on malaysia model..

Make Condominiums in Hua hin,Pattaya,Phuket,Chiang mai ,Bangkok 100% foreigner free hold,now there many buildings only half sold.

These changes might bring back some foreign investments.

So it's your position that foreign investments have suffered, and that this is due to foreigners retiring in Thailand not being able to own land in Thailand and that it has nothing to do with Thailand doubling the minimum wage in two years. Correct?

To be clear, foreign companies investing in Thailand can own property in Thailand.

Mogandave

Foreign companies? or thai companies with foreigner owners those need the unfair 49/51 Thai shareholders rule.

The real estate laws/business laws are not so fair now,and so it made a lot of foreigners stop to invest.

Lots of foreigners have lots their investments in Thailand due too poor law regulations.

It causes negative investment climate.

Did u know if u own freehold condo and when u die and u pass property over to your foreign family that it becomes leasehold again..Your family then needs resend the money from abroad to get it freehold again..Why they made this law the property was freehold money came abroad already.That is not how its done in other countries..

The company I work for is 100% owned by the US owners and can legally own property.

Yes Thailand made different company owning regulations for America then with the rest of the world ...Seems to me this is again clear example of an unequal Thai law.

The company I work for is 100% owned by the US owners and can legally own property.

Yes Thailand made different company owning regulations for America then with the rest of the world ...Seems to me this is again clear example of an unequal Thai law.

Why should the law be equal?

dave,

mate your just hitting your head against the wall mate,

he goes on about the poll on here and keeps quoting this,

he hasnt looked who voted for what,

i voted that it would be a good idea for falang to own 1 or 2 rai just to build there house,no more just there home land,

and having a year visa wouldnt to to bad a deal, i mean reporting once a year instead of every 90 days,(got to do mine this week and the online isnt working) for me,

so i dont dissagree with all,

but hes talking about full law changes, its not going to happen,

who knows what will come in the future, it might get easier for falang to come here, im married with 2 children, and even my wife says, you should be able to live here and not have to go do report,

but she isnt the power that be,,

thailand has many funny laws,

you can get caught for speeding get a ticket then speed all day long as you cant get another ticket,, how stupid is that,? if im right, and im often wrong,,lol

dave,

mate your just hitting your head against the wall mate,

he goes on about the poll on here and keeps quoting this,

he hasnt looked who voted for what,

i voted that it would be a good idea for falang to own 1 or 2 rai just to build there house,no more just there home land,

and having a year visa wouldnt to to bad a deal, i mean reporting once a year instead of every 90 days,(got to do mine this week and the online isnt working) for me,

so i dont dissagree with all,

but hes talking about full law changes, its not going to happen,

who knows what will come in the future, it might get easier for falang to come here, im married with 2 children, and even my wife says, you should be able to live here and not have to go do report,

but she isnt the power that be,,

thailand has many funny laws,

you can get caught for speeding get a ticket then speed all day long as you cant get another ticket,, how stupid is that,? if im right, and im often wrong,,lol

I don't doubt that, but I need a good head-banging now and again.

If everyone were you (or most everyone for that matter) there would be no need real need for restrictive visas, the problem is that (like everything else) the cheaters ruin it for everyone.

As far as owning land, I agree it would be nice to be able to own property here, but there is a significant downside as well. Foreign investment would drive up the cost of prime areas such that citizens could not afford to own property in their own county.

We have property in my wife's name, and it seems the law is such that if I wanted to I could protect myself with lease or usufruct agreements that would insulate me from any significant falling out.

I agree it would be nice to own property here outright, my point is I don't think it is in the best interest of the Thai people.

Jada jada jada..

Your are all from the u go home brigade that is clear....All u seem to want is simply more restrictions then currently for foreigners(citizens) here.

We want purely improvements for us that why we made an improvement list..

The current unfair restrictions for foreigners in Thailand are one of the reasons that brings Thailand in a economic recession: housing market flat,new businesses flat,tourist numbers flat.Lately hardly any foreigner plans to invest money in Thailand (except perhaps some chinese) for either holiday ,real estate,and or open a business especially if u need to invest 100% to own only 49%.So hardly any tax revenue for Thailand from this.While the country depends heavily on investments and spending money from foreigners.Its a tourist country right..Foreigners have stopped to invest big and small investors stopped.large foreign companies in Thailand are relocating to Vietnam for example..

Do me a huge favor go make your own list with all your sought after new restrictions that will effect all of us even more.We will continue to keep push forward our list with improvements..

Let see how popular you guys be with your huge restriction list for all of us.Besides the u better go home brigade outcast!.

Boy, talk about lies and gross exaggerations. The whole world is in a recession, yet Thailand is actually doing better than most. As for tourists, well they just keep coming....

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/03/travel/mastercard-top-10-destination-cities-2015/index.html