1 year visa about up

Please, I would appreciate your advise & helpful infos on my situation. Thanks! I have a non-immig type O visa. Came in last June 24, 02 & had extension supposedly 4 a year but was stamped only till May 01, 03. Work contract was to that date but now have only 10 days to get another year renewal. Am expecting letter from Education Department to arrive any day but possibility is looming that it will not get to me b4 May 01. With this in mind, can I extend my present non-O visa in the country like tourist visa can for 30 days? And can I apply or get the 1 year renewal on this same visa once I receive the letter? This will be more convenient as I will not have to go out of Thailand & re-apply for the non-immig visa required prior to the 1 year extension. THX in advance for ur input!

You can propably get another 2 weeks or one month on the spot if you explain the situation for them. Bring your usual documents and stuff to Suan Pluh straight away!

If your requested one year extension is based on other facts than prior year, it can be iffy for them.

But give it a try, but not in the last minute! If the Bureau refuse your application, you are on square one again and have to travel out to get a new Non-Immigrant visa.

Thx Dr_Pat_Pong! It is a new & interesting thought!

Do u mean if I cross a border, quickly out & in, that upon re-entry into Thailand, the Immig will give me 90 days auto? What type of visa will this be, carryover from my present  non-immig O visa or is just upon arrival visa? Can I extend this visa to 1 year?

It's great to receive helpful feedback from you guys! As u now may know I am hoping to avoid a long trip out & starting back at square one, if possible.

Lopburi  might not think so but if what you posted is  correct he'd be wrong. Your multiple visa expires on May 01 at 24.00 you will be granted another 90 day stay provided you re-enter

prior to that time ....while the visa is ' alive ' you can apply for a one year extension if you are eligible as a married to a Thai person or 50 years or over. Both of those need money in a Thai bank. By all means seek another opinion...try Fester or George

Thanks guys! Do appreciate all ur comments & guess what, I received the long awaited document a couple of days ago & already got my year extension. Whew!

Each of your replies on the topic was truly valued & appreciated. Sure something new will come up so till then.