Small parcel service from PP to Bangkok ?

atyclb

It is some years since I last did this but TNT used to be a little less expensive than DHL.

023 430 922

Not a lot less, just a little. Basically you have just 3 options:

1. Pay a lot for a courier

2. Find someone travelling to Bkk to take it for you

3. Send by Cambodian post - only if it is not anything of theft value (probably isn't) and also not something you can't afford to lose (sounds like that will be the issue). Things do get through by regular post...just not all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

It is some years since I last did this but TNT used to be a little less expensive than DHL.

023 430 922

Not a lot less, just a little. Basically you have just 3 options:

1. Pay a lot for a courier

2. Find someone travelling to Bkk to take it for you

3. Send by Cambodian post - only if it is not anything of theft value (probably isn't) and also not something you can't afford to lose (sounds like that will be the issue). Things do get through by regular post...just not all the time.

None of these options are very good.

1. Possible but expensive.

2. OK, maybe but only if you know someone. I wouldn't trust a stranger though, not even a friendly foreign backpacker.

3. Nah.

What you do is you go to find the daily Bangkok-Phnom Penh international cross-border bus service. It's operated by the Transport Company in Thailand and Rith Mony now in Cambodia (used to be Nattakan). The bus departs from near Wat Phnom near the riverside not far from the central Post office. Bus departure time from Phnom Penh is now 23.00, and from Bangkok 23.50. Previously the bus left in the morning from both ends.

Anyway, what you do is you show up either at their office and hand over the package, or better yet (this is what they recommend and the only option if sending something from the Bangkok end) is to show up and meet the driver. If it's a small innocuous package they will charge very little (perhaps US$10 or equivalent in Baht) and you pickup at the bus station (Mo Chit) in Bangkok or their office if sending to Phnom Penh. It's safe, reliable and cheap. Leave behind a phone number and the name of the receiver.

Just a couple of weeks ago I sent a parcel on this bus from Bangkok to Phnom Penh. Have also sent larger articles in the past.

Archived