Danish Thai package milk is better than the normal milk you can buy at 7

Im a big fan of the long life packaged Thai Danish milk. It tastes ok and lasts a long time. Whenever I have previously purchased fresh milk from 7 it always goes off rather quickly. Besides this it doesnt taste that good either

cheers

UHT is better than ...? UHT is total crap and anyone that thinks it tastes good should leave all food discussions in shame.

Ok, now is the moment to post your alternative conspiracy theory about UHT milk.

Fresh and recombined milk is stored in refrigerated section and have date of making as well as expiration date clearly indicated on each container so you normally buy on basis of usage. But you must keep refrigerated at home. As for taste have never liked without flavoring but use for cereal every day and Meiji tastes fine to me.

UHT is better than ...? UHT is total crap and anyone that thinks it tastes good should leave all food discussions in shame.

Ok, now is the moment to post your alternative conspiracy theory about UHT milk.

The conspiracy theory says that it is heated higher and longer. Than of course stored longer. Less natural, reduced taste.

Of course you use the lower quality milk for that product.

If you don't get it at milk.....Try a fresh orange or apple juice, a pasteurized one and than try cooking one for 2 min and drink it.

Quality is going down....Some people don't care.....heck there are people who think Thai beer is good.....

The conspiracy theory says that it is heated higher and longer. Than of course stored longer. Less natural, reduced taste.

If you don't get it at milk.....Try a fresh orange or apple juice, a pasteurized one and than try cooking one for 2 min and drink it.

Quality is going down....Some people don't care.....heck there are people who think Thai beer is good.....

I never liked milk.

The less taste, the better.

The only glitch in your conspiracy theory is that UHT milk isn't cooked for 2 minutes, it's heated for 4 seconds.

The only glitch in your conspiracy theory is that UHT milk isn't cooked for 2 minutes, it's heated for 4 seconds.

Don't pretend to be silly.....

It is an example......you can also try to heat your apple juice to 130 degree for 4 seconds, just it is a bit difficult in a kitchen.....

It is an example......you can also try to heat your apple juice to 130 degree for 4 seconds, just it is a bit difficult in a kitchen.....

Maybe you could provide a link to credible source that claims that the quality degrades in the UHT process.

It may change the taste and smell of the product, but that is something different from changing the quality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-high-temperature_processing

Maybe you could provide a link to credible source that claims that the quality degrades in the UHT process.

It may change the taste and smell of the product, but that is something different from changing the quality.

I didn't say that the nutrition values degrades. There is a slight color change in direction to brown (reaction of sugar with protein), but hardly visible.

A change of taste and color is a quality degeneration.....

Far worse is that usually lower quality milk is used for it, sometimes part (all) of it is rehydrated milk powder.

I never liked milk.

The less taste, the better.

use zero fat milk. It tastes far less than full fat milk.

Or use beer instead.....tastes much better for adults.

I didn't say that the nutrition values degrades. There is a slight color change in direction to brown (reaction of sugar with protein), but hardly visible.

Far worse is that usually lower quality milk is used for it, sometimes part (all) of it is rehydrated milk powder.

If the nutrition values don't change there is no decrease in quality. Color and taste is a preference, nothing to do with quality.

Maybe you want to link some credible source which proofs that lower quality milk is used in the first place, but I think your conspiracy theories don't hold any ground.

It is all in the head, same as with placebos.

Look how naive Americans are in that regard.

Quoted from the wiki link.

In June 1993, Parmalat introduced its UHT milk to the United States.[12] In the American market, consumers are uneasy about consuming milk that is not delivered under refrigeration, and reluctant to buy it. To combat this, Parmalat is selling its UHT milk in old-fashioned containers, unnecessarily sold from the refrigerator aisle.[4] Almost all the organic milk, and the majority of non-organic milk, available in American supermarkets is UHT processed.[13] UHT milk is also used for many dairy products.

So hey, did you see that organic milk is UHT processed in the US? I don't think that categorizes under low quality milk, isn't it.

If the nutrition values don't change there is no decrease in quality. Color and taste is a preference, nothing to do with quality.

Maybe you want to link some credible source which proofs that lower quality milk is used in the first place, but I think your conspiracy theories don't hold any ground.

It is all in the head, same as with placebos.

Look how naive Americans are in that regard.

Quoted from the wiki link.

In June 1993, Parmalat introduced its UHT milk to the United States.[12] In the American market, consumers are uneasy about consuming milk that is not delivered under refrigeration, and reluctant to buy it. To combat this, Parmalat is selling its UHT milk in old-fashioned containers, unnecessarily sold from the refrigerator aisle.[4] Almost all the organic milk, and the majority of non-organic milk, available in American supermarkets is UHT processed.[13] UHT milk is also used for many dairy products.

So hey, did you see that organic milk is UHT processed in the US? I don't think that categorizes under low quality milk, isn't it.

Color and taste are the most important quality of food.

Sure there is also high quality UHT and there might be organic UHT. But the usual UHT milk is a low price low quality product.

Like a beef burger is usually a low quality cheap beef product, while a beef steak is usually a high quality expensive product. And sure there are some exceptions, bad cheap steaks and high quality burger.

The same with the UHT milk, it is the lowest price/quality product USUALLY. Surely there are exceptions and in some countries preferences might be different.

In Thailand I haven't seen any high quality UHT milk (but I admit I didn't search) but high quality pasteurized milk is available.

Fresh milk from Meiji is the best you will find in Thailand and is close enough to what we would call fresh milk in Europe.

UHT (ultra high temperature) milk is something we would never use in my home country . The taste is awful to drink and can only be used if you want to mix it in a cake or dessert. But here in Thailand the locals loves it.

Meiji milk is good for 14 days , in Europe we use shorter expiration dates , up to 1 week .Thats why Meiji tastes different (higher temperatures used) than the best milk you'll find in the western world.

Fresh milk from Meiji is the best you will find in Thailand and is close enough to what we would call fresh milk in Europe.

UHT (ultra high temperature) milk is something we would never use in my home country . The taste is awful to drink and can only be used if you want to mix it in a cake or dessert. But here in Thailand the locals loves it.

Meiji milk is good for 14 days , in Europe we use shorter expiration dates , up to 1 week .Thats why Meiji tastes different (higher temperatures used) than the best milk you'll find in the western world.

Good a free pack of UHT milk (Foremost). I put part of it into the normal milk. You could clearly see that the color is a bit darker which disgust me. But the taste, even you could taste that it isn't fresh milk was surprising good.

Dutch Mill dark blue top. This isn't milk as nature intended but it's good enough.

Speaking as someone that drank milk in Switzerland still warm from the udder of grass fed cows untreated with hormones for many years, I think I may say that none of you knows what real milk should taste like.

UHT is the only solution in Thailand.

Somebody poses a simple question and this is the kind of nasty response he gets. Do you really think you are making thaivisa.com a more useful site with this kind of gratuitous nastiness? I don't like UHT milk much either but that doesn't mean someone else ought not to. Maybe the OP likes the "cooked" flavor.

Edited by quidnunc

Actually, Chokchai farms makes really good milk. But it isn't marketed under their name. The real milk from Chokchai farms is found only in the Bangkok area and is marketed under the name of MMM (not sure of how many "M"s.

Up in Chiangmai we do get good milk from Dacheeso and now from a dairy that pasture raises its cattle. I have forgotten the name but it has a very pronounced "dairy" flavor. Probably because it has a higher fat content. Most dairy cattle in Thailand are raised on protein supplements and never see the light of day. That affects the milk's quality.

Dutch Mill dark blue top. This isn't milk as nature intended but it's good enough.

Speaking as someone that drank milk in Switzerland still warm from the udder of grass fed cows untreated with hormones for many years, I think I may say that none of you knows what real milk should taste like.

I used to buy Dutch Mill however it only relies on the single plastic top to seal it and is very easily opened. Several times I have found that the seal was no longer complete. I now buy Meiji exclusively as it also has an internal seal that needs to be removed after the top is taken off.

"I may say that none of you knows what real milk should taste like." Very wrong unless Austrian mountain cows taste different.

We all knew when the farmer switched to "Silage" food in winter sick.gif or if he did not.

Now with the EU I am not sure if it is still available. I think Switzerland protect better thumbsup.gif

Strong taste is not what everyone like.....It is the same with natural feed, old race pigs. Many people reject the stronger taste as they were raised with the synthetic taste of turbo-pigs.....

"I may say that none of you knows what real milk should taste like." Very wrong unless Austrian mountain cows taste different.

We all knew when the farmer switched to "Silage" food in winter sick.gif or if he did not.

Now with the EU I am not sure if it is still available. I think Switzerland protect better thumbsup.gif

Strong taste is not what everyone like.....It is the same with natural feed, old race pigs. Many people reject the stronger taste as they were raised with the synthetic taste of turbo-pigs.....

Maybe Austrians are similar naive as Americans, when it comes to taste and quality of milk.

In the American market, consumers are uneasy about consuming milk that is not delivered under refrigeration, and reluctant to buy it. To combat this, Parmalat is selling its UHT milk in old-fashioned containers,unnecessarily sold from the refrigerator aisle

And straight away it tasted better cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by Anthony5

Get over yourself. I grew up in New England and lived close to an organic raw milk dairy. I know what raw fresh milk tastes like. It's great but it didn't leave me with an attitude.

ChokChai and Meiji milk comes from cows in liquid form.

Dutch Mill and ANOther are reconstituted from milk powder.

The ones that aren't so completely processed will not last as long as their reconstituted rivals.

All the tastes will be different as the milk comes from western/asian hybrid cows.

Not to mention, try raw milk from a Thai dairy, hardly lasts any time at all.

The closer you get to the cow, the quicker the milk goes off.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Get over yourself. I grew up in New England and lived close to an organic raw milk dairy. I know what raw fresh milk tastes like. It's great but it didn't leave me with an attitude.

That's a nice one. Maybe you did. It doesn't change the fact that most people nowadays have never tasted 'real' milk. Same as many people complain that factory processed cheese was better in the good old days. Non pasteurised cheese is now illegal in France, f^&*king catastrophe.

Good to know that you too know what it's supposed to taste like but I don't see why a subject like milk should oblige me to accept being insulted.

That's a nice one. Maybe you did. It doesn't change the fact that most people nowadays have never tasted 'real' milk. Same as many people complain that factory processed cheese was better in the good old days. Non pasteurised cheese is now illegal in France, f^&*king catastrophe.

Good to know that you too know what it's supposed to taste like but I don't see why a subject like milk should oblige me to accept being insulted.

Raw milk cheese is not illegal in France. In fact, from time to time, Rimping Supermarket gets in some raw milk Camembert, Some Camembert makers in France did try to get their filtered milk declared raw but that attempt failed. And for well-aged cheeses, no one really cares if it was made from raw milk or not since any potentially dangerous bacteria will have died by then. A few months ago I also bought some raw milk French cheese at the Big C that replaced Carrefours. Soft young cheeses. One was a Morbier. It was delicious. I can't recall what the other one was.

As for being insulted, "I don't see why a subject like milk should oblige me to accept being insulted." should have been my line. You're the one who told us that, in effect, we're all ignoramuses. You could have written something like " In Switzerland I've drunk fresh raw milk straight from the udder. Unless you've tasted fresh raw milk, you can't know what you're missing." That would have been a non-insulting way of putting it.

Edited by quidnunc