Coffee shops.

Spaniel

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to a coffee shop that doesn't have a fixed price. They roast the beans themselves, bave excellent home made croissants and quiches.

There is a box by the door and you pay what you want.

Apart from that, there is a small coffee shop I know that serves really good fresh coffee for 15 baht!

I sometimes (not often) drink at a certain Starbucks mainly for the quietness and comfort of the place. Starbucks coffee is good, but overpriced.

Someone said Starbuck's near Tops Thong Lor is always crowded. Yes, with Hi so school kids who buy one cup of coffee between them and sit all afternoon sleeping in the comfy chairs.

I never go there now.

In Pattaya, I agree Benjamit makes a good coffee. I buy their Vienna roast for my Viet stainless steel filtre coffee at home. I have an Americano while waiting. It's creamy, brown crema and rich taste is very good. Only 45 baht. Great friendly service too. The place is packed with Euro customers every day.

Second, Yes coffee on the sidelines of Big C Extra food court makes a decent Americano for 35 baht.

To me, Au Bon Pain and Starbucks of Thailand are overpriced and stingy with the shot servings.

Nice to see somebody else who appreciates Vietnamese top of the cup coffee makers; total simplicity yet amazingly controllable. Every time I go to Vietnam I bring a few back. I have a friend who uses a B30,000+ "Safeco" coffee maker; automatic everything. He claimed it made the best coffee available. I challenged him to a blind taste test...my $2 Vietnamese thingy against his machine....mine won.

If you are around Phra Khanong in Bangkok, "M" Coffee, right next to the BTS escalator has very decent coffee and food for reasonable prices. They source their own coffee beans and make a really nice blend. Unfortunately, they may have to move soon. All the shophouses to their right are being torn down and word is theirs will knocked down as well as condos continue popping up in the neighborhood like weeds in a garden.

A large Tom & Toms was opened in a condo complex up the street but their coffee is dreadful and prices are in the same tier as Starbucks.

In Pattaya, I agree Benjamit makes a good coffee. I buy their Vienna roast for my Viet stainless steel filtre coffee at home. I have an Americano while waiting. It's creamy, brown crema and rich taste is very good. Only 45 baht. Great friendly service too. The place is packed with Euro customers every day.

Second, Yes coffee on the sidelines of Big C Extra food court makes a decent Americano for 35 baht.

To me, Au Bon Pain and Starbucks of Thailand are overpriced and stingy with the shot servings.

Nice to see somebody else who appreciates Vietnamese top of the cup coffee makers; total simplicity yet amazingly controllable. Every time I go to Vietnam I bring a few back. I have a friend who uses a B30,000+ "Safeco" coffee maker; automatic everything. He claimed it made the best coffee available. I challenged him to a blind taste test...my $2 Vietnamese thingy against his machine....mine won.

If you are around Phra Khanong in Bangkok, "M" Coffee, right next to the BTS escalator has very decent coffee and food for reasonable prices. They source their own coffee beans and make a really nice blend. Unfortunately, they may have to move soon. All the shophouses to their right are being torn down and word is theirs will knocked down as well as condos continue popping up in the neighborhood like weeds in a garden.

A large Tom & Toms was opened in a condo complex up the street but their coffee is dreadful and prices are in the same tier as Starbucks.

I have used every coffee making device over the years. But I've been using Vietnamese filter cups for more than five years now. Yep, $2-$2.50 in Phnom Penh to buy a good one. But I recently got a little tired of having to clean up the steel bits all the time. Bought a 300 baht automatic coffee maker. I used its wire filter and even bought some paper filters. Tried both methods 3-4 times. Not even close to the quality of coffee I can make with the Vietnamese filter cup. The coffee machine collects dust now and I'm back to cleaning. It's the best method of making coffee I've ever used and as dddave says, very controllable.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

anyone had Doi Chaang Coffee?

they seem to be popping up more and more locations these days... really amazing coffee.. and i am a coffee person. :)

give it a try you may surprise yourself! well priced too.