USA Passport is out of Pages

I am an American staying in Thailand on a tourist visa. My passport pages are nearly filled up, I have one left and have an upcoming visa run to make.

I heard I need to go to Bangkok American Embassy and apply for more pages. Does anyone know exactly where I need to go (address or link to website) and when they are open, how long the whole process takes and what I will need?

Really want to be sure I do this right. Anyone who has done this before who can explain the process to me would be a huge help!

Thanks so much!

Procedure to obtain extra visa pages

1. Complete an application form, DS-4085. Complete and print your online application.
  2. Make an appointment
  3. Submit the application to the American Citizen Services section between 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. or 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  4. Pay the required fee. The fee for additional visa pages is $82.
  5. Allow one hour for this service. We can do this while you wait.
  • Like 2

for us embassy you need make an apt.

they also do outreach allover so check first if there is one near you.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/consular_outreach.html

Note $82 for 26 extra pages or $110 for NEW 52 page passport,

My passport was due to expire Dec 2018 but had already added extra pages twice so opted for a new passport!!

My passport was due to expire Dec 2018 but had already added extra pages twice so opted for a new passport!!

After January 1, 2016 NO more extra pages can be added world wide to a US passport.

If your passport doesn't expire for some time, if you ask them they might put two new page inserts in for the $82 since they are discontinuing the service in January!

• Like 1

If your passport doesn't expire for some time, if you ask them they might put two new page inserts in for the $82 since they are discontinuing the service in January!

What?

Wow you do not know much about finding things out. Google is better than any thing to get your answeres

The U.S. Embassy is on Wireless Rd. Click US Embassy up on google it will tell you phone numbers, opening hours and many other things, probably also give you an email address.

Do not understand some of you guys asking for info when you can get the positive answeres on your computer.

For those of us here on long term visas, what's the process at immigration when I get a new passport? Just bring the old one and new one in and they transfer the most recent stamp over? Or is it a long, drawn-out process involving applications, photos, fees etc.

Related: If a passport is lost/stolen and I get a replacement, then I no longer have the old one to take to immigration. I assume I'm in their system and they can see what my most recent stamp/status was and still be able to transfer it into the new passport?

You can have up to 3 inserts total of 75 pages added to your passport for the fee of 82 USD while the supply last. After January 1, 2016 NO more inserts.

For those of us here on long term visas, what's the process at immigration when I get a new passport? Just bring the old one and new one in and they transfer the most recent stamp over? Or is it a long, drawn-out process involving applications, photos, fees etc.

Related: If a passport is lost/stolen and I get a replacement, then I no longer have the old one to take to immigration. I assume I'm in their system and they can see what my most recent stamp/status was and still be able to transfer it into the new passport?

See this topic. Transferring visa/extention/re-entry permit from old to new passport

After January 1, 2016 NO more extra pages can be added world wide to a US passport.

That is a terrifically stupid policy altogether.

• Like 1

When you get a new passport, the embassy will give you a letter from them to Thai Immigration requesting that your visa be transferred. Take the letter, plus your old and new passports, to Immigration. You'll get a new stamp in your new passport. No fee.

You can make an appointment at the embassy in Bkk or attend one of their " Outreach" programs

held in several cities - Pattaya and Phuket, for just 2 of those. Then you can pay $ 85.00,

yes 85 BUCKS !, for a few blank pages. At this outrageous price, a book of blank paper would

cost about $ 300,000.00 ! Your tax dollars at work.

• Like 1

attrayant

“ If a passport is lost/stolen and I get a replacement, then I no longer have the old one to take to immigration. I assume I'm in their system and they can see what my most recent stamp/status was and still be able to transfer it into the new passport? “

This is one of the good reasons to make a xerox copy of your passport, at least all the pages with stamps.

Mac

That's a good idea (and surely immigration already has such copies many times over). I'll take some scans of my passport as soon as I get my upcoming extension. But I should only need a copy of the page with the most recent (i.e. current) stamp, right?

Edited by attrayant

That's a good idea (and surely immigration already has such copies many times over). I'll take some scans of my passport as soon as I get my upcoming extension. But I should only need a copy of the page with the most recent (i.e. current) stamp, right?

You would need your photo page, most recent extension stamp, the visa and entry stamp from it you have been extending and TM6 departure card.

• Like 1

You can make an appointment at the embassy in Bkk or attend one of their " Outreach" programs

held in several cities - Pattaya and Phuket, for just 2 of those. Then you can pay $ 85.00,

yes 85 BUCKS !, for a few blank pages. At this outrageous price, a book of blank paper would

Yes, but a book of blank paper won't get you very far. And you are paying for the service: very little for the paper. Personally I have no problem with the US Embassy and the services they provide. Happy that they will come to Phuket a few times a year.

• Like 1

Yes, but a book of blank paper won't get you very far. And you are paying for the service: very little for the paper. Personally I have no problem with the US Embassy and the services they provide. Happy that they will come to Phuket a few times a year.

GOOD NEWS After January 1 2016 no more extra pages so will save that 85 USD. clap2.gif BAD NEWS you will have to buy a new passport for 110 USD.cheesy.gif

So how many pages will the new USA Passports have? It seems obvious many people need more than the usual amount of pages. Will there be options to get the new passport with more than some nominal amount of pages, i.e. pay more up front and get more pages initially?

You can get a 52 page passport with no extra charge. If you apply at the embassy that is all they issue.

Prior to the 52 page one I have now I had three 48 page passports instead of the normal 24 page one.

So how many pages will the new USA Passports have? It seems obvious many people need more than the usual amount of pages. Will there be options to get the new passport with more than some nominal amount of pages, i.e. pay more up front and get more pages initially?

You can already get a passport with a larger number of pages (52), for "people who frequently travel abroad", at no extra charge when applying for your passport.

out reach also supplies 52 page ones, no reason to travel to Bangkok, make apt etc etc.

they mail it to you ems for 60 baht...

reason they are eliminating the extra [ages ( i was told) is security issues)

to me better deal pay $110 for 52 pages vs $82 for 26