British tourist reportedly raped in Kanchanaburi

Thaivisa News

Where does it say the biker gang was Thai...?

Also, this even happens in the nanny states, bikers all over the world make a point of raping, its a male chauvinistic culture that endorses abuse and objectification of women... this happens often even in the most highly "nannied" states... bikers are just scum with a delusional sense of entitlement and a perverted perspective on life, values, fellow human beings and society !

Having reported the crime proves well for the young lass... don't let these pathetic thugs have the better of her... !

I can see where you got the first part of your name. I have been a biker all my life--I've ridden since I was 10, I am 70 now. I have never raped a woman and I know no other biker who has; therefore, I doubt the credibility of your statement, " . . . bikers all over the world make a point of raping . . ."

You might as well replace the word "biker" with father, husband, grandfather, brother, son, priest, policemen, mayor, etc., ad infinitum; it would be just as truthful.

The difference is YOU had an education.

These turds don't.

Thank you for your observations about education; however, I am not aware of any educational information about the alleged rapists having been mentioned.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Thai press they say police have arrested and charged two Thai males who have confessed. The victim has already returned to the UK.
She was drunk at the time they met her at the side of the road and they said they would take her to her hotel but instead took her to a forest as pillion passenger on one of their motorcycles and raped her as well as robbing her.
The incident happened at 01:30 am in the early hours of Tuesday morning, the 26th. She had come with friends and was staying a famous resort in the area but was alone at the time she met the men.
Afterwards they abandoned her at a local market in Kanchanburi before making their escape.

I was replying to a post that effectively did blame the victim.

Rapists don't care how drunk you are, don't care where you are, don't care what you look like, it's a power crime.

They are predatory scum and are the only pieces of faeces whose behavior should be questioned.

I've never seen so many falsehoods in such a short sentence.

• They certainly care how drunk you are, as an almost passed-out victim is much easier to coerce and handle than a kicking victim at full strength and alertness. They have even been known to drug their victims.
  • They certainly care where you are. I'm sure they would prefer an isolated location vs. the middle of the Shibuya crosswalk.
  • They do care what you look like. The vast majority of rape victims are age 30 or less, so at the very least they care about your age.
  • "The original source of the idea that sexual assault is about violence and power instead of sex or lust doesn’t come from a scientist or an academic study. It comes from a feminist writer named Susan Brownmiller who invented the theory pretty much from scratch for her 1975 book Against Our Will: Men, Women, and Rape."
    http://difficultrun.nathanielgivens.com/2014/09/03/the-myth-that-rape-is-about-power/

Your personal theories are only going to generate more victims for criminals to prey upon.

Some stats on rape; In UK in 2014 reported rapes rose by 29%. Rape Crisis reports 85,000 rapes are committed in UK every year with 400,000 sexual assaults. In 2013 there were 69,000 reported female rapes and 9,000 male. A senior adviser to Scotland Yard states that rape has effectively been 'de-criminalised' for the most vulnerable victims. Conviction rates for rape continue to fall. And all this is without any mention of historic rape and abuse which the UK seems to be awash with recently; celebrities, ex MP's and management of children's homes and mental hospitals. So much for the 'nanny states! I wonder what the stats are for USA? India? Rape is rape in any country. Perps frequently escape any form of justice, in any country. In listing all this, I make no excuse for the people who committed this crime, but to imply that Thailand is SO bad, SO far behind other countries, is complete rubbish.

Fact is Thailand is full of rapists. Making yourself a target is stupid, but not a crime.

TAT won't put out pamphlets urging females to keep their wits about, though. They're too scared of the PC folks getting in a hissy fit and the result is, careless tourists keep on getting raped and killed.

They're refusing to hand out pamphlets because they're too scared of the PC folks getting into a hissy fit ?

I think it's to do with, if they do hand out lots of pamphlets, this unintentionally creates an atmosphere of fear and worry, and discourages people to go out and spend money. They feel that putting up loads of stuff reminding people that rapes and murders do take place, stay safe, don't go out late at night, doing these things discourages tourists from spending, and discourages tourism.

Off-course, we know that press reports about murder and rapes also discourages tourism.

Haven't checked right through the thread so this is probably posted elsewhere

Arrests made after British tourist gang raped in Thailand

Two men have reportedly been arrested after a British woman claimed she was gang raped in a tourist hotspot in Thailand

The 19-year-old woman is understood to have told police that she was attacked by a motorcycle gang as she walked to a shop alone at around 1.30am in Kanchanaburi.

The area is popular with tourists interested in the history of the death railway and nearby Bridge on the River Kwai.

The woman said she was grabbed by the bikers who raped her and took some of her belongings, before leaving her in a market.

"The foreign tourist was indeed lured and raped by a group of teenagers as the media has reported," Pol.Maj.Gen. Kamolsanti told reporters for the Khaosod website, adding that the suspects took advantage of her while she was intoxicated.

Local reports say police made the arrests after studying CCTV footage and that the men had confessed to the crime.

The Foreign Office sad the incident is being investigated.

It was only eight months ago that British backpackers David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, were murdered on a beach in Ko Tao, a Thai island attracting plenty of British travellers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/asia/thailand/11638587/Arrests-made-after-British-tourist-gang-raped-in-Thailand.html

The politically correct crowd are out again condemning a poster for suggesting she contributed to the situation in which she found herself.

What she received can never be condoned in any country/society, but wandering around pickled in a different country and city, can at best, be described as imprudent at best, and downright foolish at best. Even doing it in her home country would be ill advised.

I wouldn't do that in my home country, and I'm a male, with a few skills in self defence, and offence if necessary. I certainly wouldn't do it in Kanchanaburi, or Bangkok or Nong Khai, etc.

So whilst I'm not saying she should be blamed, I think she should have been a little/lot more aware of her actions and surroundings.

"The politically correct crowd" - as soon as you use that little soundbite anything that follows has no credence at all......what people usually do now is get a quopte from Google and try to pretend the know what "PC" means - as you have used it already we know you don't.....

Parroting that a woman, or man, should be able to wander around any city in the world, at any hour of the night, without any risk of coming to harm is quoting the politically correct line, and there's no doubt, that it should be the way it is, but it's not the reality, and never will be. It's more than unfortunate that's the way it is, but...... that's the way it is.

I was in Kanchanaburi last month, and I would not have considered walking alone to a shop, with or without a skin full, at 1.30 am, and I'm a man. Maybe I'm more cautious than most, but that's the way it is for me.

Reading an earlier post on rape statistics, it would indeed appear that she was safer i against the threat of rape in Thailand than she was in her native country, but they're stats off the net, so who knows.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Of course I do not blame the victim, but seriously, why do teenage tourists think getting drunk in a 3rd world country and wandering around like it's Disney World. Most Thai people have little and nothing to lose, they are not governed by the same controls found in the Nanny states. Tourist need to relaize that coming here and getting drunk and stoned and taking chances is not a good idea. I hope the catch the rapist and throw away the key, but of course, they will likely get 3 yrs, and then only if they are over 18.

You just did blame the victim.

Why do holiday makers think they can wear a bikini in when on holiday.

Why did the man have his money in his pocket when he was drinking.

Why did the girl smile and chat with the taxi driver.

It is your attitude that continues to give excuses to violent behaviour.

She is on holiday. She went out for drinks. She walked back to her hotel. She chatted to some friendly motorcycle guys. As you chat with friendly girls.

Maybe they offered her a ride back to the hotel.

She did nothing wrong.

This government needs to step up punishment of offences against foreigners.especially crimes of rape and violence. Nobody cares about a bag snatch or a scam here and there for a few hundred baht. The violence against foreigners in this country is the worst in the entire world.

Nonsense. It was the girls stupidity that was to blame.

Can you blame a tiger for killing a tourist that walks into its cage?

Rapists don't care how drunk you are, don't care where you are, don't care what you look like, it's a power crime.

They are predatory scum and are the only pieces of faeces whose behavior should be questioned.

We really need come here for reading like crap.
The Thief, the rapist and murderer act when you are vulnerable. And so he is not blaming the victim to recall the basic precautions to take for his own safety.

"Naivete" is not knowing any better, and I think that's a much better (and more humane and less judgmental) description of the situation.

Today's Daily Mail (so no link) also reports that two arrests have been made and the suspects have confessed. It also stated the girl left the restaurant to go and buy something from the shop. What will happen to these accuseds is not know, it is reported that she has left Thaikland and returned to the UK. Whether she will be prepared to return to give evidence at any trial is uncertain.

Edited by Toknarok

Of course I do not blame the victim, but seriously, why do teenage tourists think getting drunk in a 3rd world country and wandering around like it's Disney World. Most Thai people have little and nothing to lose, they are not governed by the same controls found in the Nanny states. Tourist need to relaize that coming here and getting drunk and stoned and taking chances is not a good idea. I hope the catch the rapist and throw away the key, but of course, they will likely get 3 yrs, and then only if they are over 18.

She is on holiday. She went out for drinks. She walked back to her hotel. She chatted to some friendly motorcycle guys. As you chat with friendly girls.

She did nothing wrong.

This government needs to step up punishment of offences against foreigners.especially crimes of rape and violence. Nobody cares about a bag snatch or a scam here and there for a few hundred baht. The violence against foreigners in this country is the worst in the entire world.

So you attach no blame at all to the rapists?

She did nothing wrong.

Congrats!

You just won the title for most vile, ignorant and stupid post!

• They certainly care how drunk you are, as an almost passed-out victim is much easier to coerce and handle than a kicking victim at full strength and alertness. They have even been known to drug their victims.
  • They certainly care where you are. I'm sure they would prefer an isolated location vs. the middle of the Shibuya crosswalk.
  • They do care what you look like. The vast majority of rape victims are age 30 or less, so at the very least they care about your age.
  • "The original source of the idea that sexual assault is about violence and power instead of sex or lust doesnt come from a scientist or an academic study. It comes from a feminist writer named Susan Brownmiller who invented the theory pretty much from scratch for her 1975 book Against Our Will: Men, Women, and Rape."http://difficultrun.nathanielgivens.com/2014/09/03/the-myth-that-rape-is-about-power/
Your personal theories are only going to generate more victims for criminals to prey upon.

The only thing that generates rape victims is the actions of a rapist.

Edited by Bluespunk

We really need come here for reading like crap.

The Thief, the rapist and murderer act when you are vulnerable. And so he is not blaming the victim to recall the basic precautions to take for his own safety.

No.

You are wrong.

They were effectively blaming the victim as their unquoted by you post showed.

Edited by Bluespunk

• "The original source of the idea that sexual assault is about violence and power instead of sex or lust doesnt come from a scientist or an academic study. It comes from a feminist writer named Susan Brownmiller who invented the theory pretty much from scratch for her 1975 book Against Our Will: Men, Women, and Rape."http://difficultrun.nathanielgivens.com/2014/09/03/the-myth-that-rape-is-about-power/

The problem with focusing on that position is that it deprives us of any possibility that we as individuals have some choices to make and actions to take that can make a huge difference in the odds that we’ll become a victim.

Otherwise, we’re just prey, and there’s absolutely nothing we can do about it until the world is rid of all bad actors- rapists, murderers, and thieves. And that’s never going to happen.

It’s akin to saying that the only thing that causes rabies is the rabies virus. That’s an absolutely true statement. But there are a lot of things that I can do as an individual to minimize my risk, while we’re waiting for medical science to eradicate rabies in the world. The big difference is that rabies isn't emotionally charged like rape is.

It is true that rape is more an act of violence than an act of lust, and has clear aspects of domination, control and desecration involved. Somebody earlier mentioned drugging, and this is common in date-rape where drinks are spiked. The earliest reports of this were in male rape, where both the attacker and victim are similar-sized males. Drug-rape is rare however. More common in the rape of women is the use of violence to subdue the victim. Interviews with attackers show a theme that the violence is what turned them on, in many cases this was more important than the attractive appearance of the victim.

Another factor is the rape of victims who are richer or otherwise considered to be of higher social standing than the attacker. Again this has been recounted as a turn-on for the attacker, it is the breaking of social taboos, and again the desecration of the victim's normal persona.

There are many factors in rape but they do centre around violence and hatred, which is of course the opposite of normal healthy lovemaking, ie. feelings of respect and love for the other person.

In the ideal world, yes.

But this is reality, and why present the rapist with a target. I know, and I've said previously, that a woman, or man, should be able to walk the streets of any city in the world with any amount of cash, and dressed as they choose, without being robbed or raped, but that is not the reality. If it is not the reality, then precautions need to be taken. Does it get any simpler?

And NO, I am not blaming the victim, just explaining that for whatever reason, naivety, foolishness, or too much alcohol, she presented the morons with a target.

Thanks for that link. I've always thought that cliche reeked of feministic BS, given that Navy Seals in full combat gear seem to be less likely to get raped than tween women twerking their bare naked <deleted> in the air while completely plastered in Nakhon Nowhere.

• "The original source of the idea that sexual assault is about violence and power instead of sex or lust doesn’t come from a scientist or an academic study. It comes from a feminist writer named Susan Brownmiller who invented the theory pretty much from scratch for her 1975 book Against Our Will: Men, Women, and Rape."
    http://difficultrun.nathanielgivens.com/2014/09/03/the-myth-that-rape-is-about-power/

Thanks for the much needed relevant info.

This not a blame game or about blaming the victim while people have to realize that a little bit of practiced caution and forethought can be used to avoid potentially dangerous situations that would leave anyone all the more vulnerable.

The girl exposed herself to harms way while she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and had she not been drinking and or drunk there is a 99.9 percent chance none of what happened would have happened.

Most rapes are perpetrated by way of opportunistic situations evolving, while commonly involving alcohol...surprise, surprise ..but should be of no surprise really considering just how many people do get sloppy drunk and end up in situations that can and often do result in harm and damage done to persons and property.

In a perfect world you could argue otherwise.

Edited by gemguy