Foreign tourist impresses no one with mighty leap from 2nd floor

webfact

Tourist impresses no one with mighty leap from 2nd floor
By Coconuts Bangkok

article_photo.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An unidentified foreigner jumped from the second floor of a restaurant on Ratchadamnoen Road this morning in an incident police are chalking up to too much booze.

The foreigner, whose name and nationality were withheld, was first spotted around 2am at the lovely Khao San Center bar where he did not order any food or drink.

Later he was found lying injured on the ground outside Krua Ratchadamnoen restaurant after leaping boldly from its second floor.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/05/29/tourist-impresses-no-one-mighty-leap-2nd-floor

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-05-29

Given that he did not order any food or drink, there is always the possibility that he was "helped" over the balcony by the waiters. After all, like so many tourists and expats before him have discovered, balconies can be incredibly slippery in Thailand. whistling.gif

Given that he did not order any food or drink, there is always the possibility that he was "helped" over the balcony by the waiters. After all, like so many tourists and expats before him have discovered, balconies can be incredibly slippery in Thailand. whistling.gif

Did not take long. Idiotic post of the day, so far.

Regardless of this nutter 's actions, am I the only one who is fed up with coconut 's ( and many many others ) sarcastic tone "Lovely Khao San Center bar" when reporting backpacker stories? You never hear (sarcasm ahoy) the sweet fragrant scented Nana plaza, the family friendly Soi Cowboy the delightful centre of happiness that is Patpong. Gimme a beer and conversation with intelligent young folk over a run in with a dripping wet crotch, single digit IQ sex tourist anyday.

Somehow I feel Thailand is going to be dragged over the coals for this guy's actions. Somewhere along the line it won't be his fault. thumbsup.gif

Yes, it would seem this must be a great disappointment to the regular TV conspiracy theorists.

Although, like you, I'm pretty sure they will rise to the occasion and blame Thailand because the streets are not positioned a safe distance from 2nd floor leaping points.

Wow. That sound you hear is credulity being stretched to the snapping point.

Edited by Suradit69

Heathrow airport should inform it's citizens before leaving about acceptable behavior in Thailand.

I've often advocated that flights destined for Bangkok originating in any farang country should have mandatory safety videos shown dealing with how to cope with such things as balconies, the use of elevator call buttons and cushioning falls by landing head first to prevent any serious damage.

It's a farang cultural thing and I blame their education systems, but it is what it is.

Edited by Suradit69

Heathrow airport should inform it's citizens before leaving about acceptable behavior in Thailand.

The foreigner, whose name and nationality were withheld,

And it says where that he is from the UK? Some people ought to try reading the whole story before posting inane comments.

Did not take long. Idiotic post of the day, so far.

''of the day'' :blink: You're being generous Mike. It's the most idiotic post I've read on here in my 5 years reading TV posts...and I've read some stupid shirt ;)

And it says where that he is from the UK? Some people ought to try reading the whole story before posting inane comments.

"Some people ought to try reading the whole story before posting inane comments."

If you expect members to be fully informed before posting, that would really hamper all the Thai bashers and pretty much kill Thai Visa.

In any event, he didn't imply that this particular genius was from UK. He simply was targeting one of the groups most in need of special nanny state handling for anything more challenging than crossing a street unassisted.

"Some people ought to try reading the whole story before posting inane comments."

If you expect members to be fully informed before posting, that would really hamper all the Thai bashers and pretty much kill Thai Visa.

In any event, he didn't imply that this particular genius was from UK. He simply was targeting one of the groups most in need of special nanny state handling for anything more challenging than crossing a street unassisted.

In Australia you often see stories on the TV news about young guys getting drunk and falling/jumping off balconies.

Does this happen in the USA, the UK, Europe etc as well ?

Although it was a long time ago, and back then I used to drink a lot, when I was a young fellow I don't remember ever having a run in with a balcony.

Edited by mikemac

In Australia you often see stories on the TV news about young guys getting drunk and falling/jumping off balconies.

Although it was a long time ago, and back then I used to drink a lot, I don't remember ever having a run in with a balcony.

yes mikemac all the time on holidays in the Med countries........... but there was always a swimming pool involved smile.png

Although it was a long time ago, and back then I used to drink a lot, I don't remember ever having a run in with a balcony.

yes mikemac all the time on holidays in the Med countries........... but there was always a swimming pool involved smile.png

Well, I suppose you have a better chance of surviving the fall/dive/jump if you are landing in water. Has to be softer than concrete. whistling.gif

Another quality tourist!!

My dear unnamed friend, to commit suicide you need to get a little higher up................whistling.gif

Try to think of an original saying.

Another stupid news report by a sub standard paper.

Do they pay TV to print their worthless stories ?

It's not the slippery balconies, it is those low balcony railings. Us tall falangs seem to tip over and fall from them all the time. I can't recall reading any accounts of a Thai person falling over a "low" balcony railing. am all of 5' 7" when stretching, so if my obituary ever reads I fell over a balcony railing I hope it would be considered a bit suspect.

Edited by gk10002000

Steven100 did not say that he was from the UK. Also, he's obviously just joking. Lighten up.

While working in Thailand, a farang colleague of mine got drunk and did a handstand on the balcony of a condo. He fell and didn't make it. Cops came and demanded bribes form all the partygoers. People get drunk and do stupid things everywhere, but perhaps the railings are higher in the West?