O-a Application, Medical Check: Syphilis

Oh, my, this is personal, but heck, we're all friends here, right? :o

One of the forms for a Retirement Visa application is the medical certificate showing no prohibitive diseases. That prohibited disease list includes: "Third step of Syphilis".

Embarrassing as it is, I must admit that I was, how to say, exposed to and treated for syphilis in my youth. Once that happens, one carries syphilis antibodies for the rest of their life, so will be detected in a blood test.

Does anybody know what "Third step" of syphilis is? I'm hoping it means something like a current infection of syphilis, but not sure. A google of "third step of syphilis" merely gives a list of documents about the medical requirements for the O-A visa.

Thanks in advance for any clarification of the term. :D

Tertiary

Without treatment, syphilis bacteria may spread, leading years later to serious internal organ damage and death.

Some of the signs and symptoms of tertiary syphilis include:

* Neurologic problems. These may include stroke; infection and inflammation of the membranes and fluid surrounding your brain and spinal cord (meningitis); poor muscle coordination; numbness; paralysis; deafness or visual problems; personality changes; and dementia.

* Cardiovascular problems. These may include bulging (aneurysm) and inflammation of the aorta — your body's major artery — and of other blood vessels.

# Fever

# Fatigue: When to rest, when to worry

# Stroke

# Meningitis

# Dementia: Not always Alzheimer's

# Aortic aneurysm

As usual, lopburi, thanks for your help!

I am horrible at googling. I never thought of using "tertiary" instead of "third".

Based on that definition, which does not contain persecution complex nor paranoia, I guess I'll pass the test! :-)

Sorry I seem to have played Truth or Dare on this public forum! :o