Prayut to revoke all Thaksin’s passports

Lite Beer

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took some time as all Thainess do.

From Thaksin who?? (the man he did not need to speak to) to a full blown whitch hunt as it seems now....

bah.gif

No news here, move along folks

And remember don't feed the trolls

coffee1.gif

No big deal if he has no Thai passports. In 2018 the 10 year terms will have expired. Chuan Lekpai brother stole 10 million dolalrs from Thai Farmers Bank (Kasikorn) and came back after 10 years without seeing a day in jail. TIT - Same same

Then he still has the 2 year jail term to serve as he has already been convicted of that.

Possibly in the fine print of the constitution there may be a clause that waives the expiration date of the statute of limitaions for everybody who has done a runner.

I do hope so.

If Thaksin has a diplomatic passport from Montenegro he could always return to Thailand on it and claim diplomatic immunity. I suspect that he wouldn't get far if he tried though.

No he couldn't. Diplomatic immunity only extends to offenses committed while in residence as a diplomat, not previous offenses. If it was otherwise was criminals could be made immune from prosecution by the same method you describe.

Thank you for that information. It was something I had no idea about but I figured that somebody would.

I suppose that if he wanted to come here on a diplomatic passport the visit would have to be approved by the Foreign or Interior minister at the time.

Is he planning on invading Montenegro, UAE, Nicaragua, Uganda and Zimbabwe?

Only the Thai ones.

I always thought that Thais were not permitted 2nd, 3rd, 4th or more passports.

If Thaksin has a diplomatic passport from Montenegro he could always return to Thailand on it and claim diplomatic immunity. I suspect that he wouldn't get far if he tried though.

Didn't Yingluck go to Montenegro when she was PM? She went to so many places I lost track through lack of interest.

Not true! A regular passport is issued to any citizen. If they work for the Gov and they travel for a gov issue then they have a regular gov passport issued which makes 2 passports. I would suspect this applies also that an additional passport is issued for diplomats which would make 3. Perhaps there are more I am unaware of.

My apologies. I actually meant passports issued by other countried as in dual or triple citizenship.

When I was working from the UK I used to have 2 passports, one for non Moslem countries and another for Moslem countries. Both were perfectly legal.

If he were British, he would for his actions be facing charges of High Treason, and in the UK this crime was still subject to the death penalty until 1998, a long time after it had been abolished for the crime of murder.

What have you been drinking?

But with his remaining passports, TS could still enter more countries than could the junta

The current PM doesn't believe a 5 star all-expenses-paid world tour is part of his duties.

Yes and he belives that because he can't access a lot of Worldwide countries.

The difference between them is that the General does not care about not being able to access certain countries, and nobody can/is taking his passport off him.

If this was a game of chess I would put the General in front and I would not be a bit surprised if Thaksin got desperate soon and burnt what is left of his pawns. thumbsup.gif

As I have pointed out I volunteer without receiving one Baht for it. I am Thai and could ask for payment, which in that respect could be regarded as employment and what rules and laws apply for the employment I would have to obey.

I know that some of the ex-pats on this board have family with children that have to attend school and they are unhappy with the English education and the fact that the teachers hardly can speak or read English. Would it be such a bad idea to give up one or two hours during the week and actually taking part in the English lessons to help the children without asking for something in return? If the children in the class improve it will also help their children because the quality of the English lesson will improve in time too. No law will be broken because they don’t take away a job from anybody nor receive money but add some help and expertise towards the education of the children.

And as I have pointed out, a foreigner working in Thailand without a work permit is breaking Thai law.

Subject to arrest and summary deportation.

Paid or unpaid, it's still considered working by Thai immigration.

If you have a Thai family, even more important not to break Thai law.

Do you not understand the laws of your own country?

Not even the government knows how many....

The PM is not the government. I'm sure some government official knows. A PM cannot be expected to know each and every detail about each government issued document.

But with his remaining passports, TS could still enter more countries than could the junta

The current PM doesn't believe a 5 star all-expenses-paid world tour is part of his duties.

No he simply believes the suppression of his own people against their wills is. Bravo General!

You must think you are a very clever person to know what another person thinks. If you haven't noticed, most of "his own people" support what he is doing

There are so many people with expertise on this forum boards that actually could improve the situations in our schools or other parts of society. I for example volunteered to go during the week into our local schools to help out with the English lessons, reading text and speaking to the children; no financial gains only to give the children a chance to have a person there that actually can read and speak English. Here on the forum I sometimes read from English parents that the teacher at the school their children attend doesnt speak English. Would it not be a great idea for them to go into the school ones or twice a week and read some text for the children?

That would be against the law for a foreigner.

Only if you ask for payment and if it would take away a job from a person that works legally in Thailand.

Untrue, I'm afraid. Working without a work permit is illegal whether money is paid or not. However I have done my bit: on the wall there is a certificate from the Queen, I am told, thanking me for giving blood loads of times. I don't think any official would make an issue out of donating blood..

How do you define working? I am not working but only read some text to the children and speak with them and as said receive no remuneration is received and no contract signed. According to the headmasters and directors of the schools I help out I am within the rules that apply to them. But since you mention that I might be wrong I will find out if I am in breach of any law and ask the regional education authorities.

This will not prevent him from remaining outside Thailand. Someone with his resources can buy an EU pp and he could even claim asylum in US or Oz at this point.

The accusations of statements, nat security and l.m. that will be more worrisome for him but better for asylum application.

Maybe the military is looking to break the Taksin machine before it leaves and ekections ate held in 2025.

Edited by Rocketsurgeon

This will not prevent him from remaining outside Thailan. Someone with his resources can buy an EU pp and hevcould even claim asylum in US or Oz at this point.

The accusations of statements, nat security and l.m. that will be more worrisome for him but better for asylum application.

After having just renewed his Montenegro passport and (allegedly) looking at a 400 year old "pork leg shop" in Berlin n what grounds could Thaksin claim asylum in the USA or Australia?

Edited by rubl

It's not like he can't apply for another passport. I believe MFA is on Chang Watthana road. He should just fly into DMK and take a quick taxi ride. Bring his ID card and possibly Tabien Baan. He should be able to pick up his new passport in roughly 2 years. Maybe one year if he admits his guilt.

• 2 weeks later...

No big deal if he has no Thai passports. In 2018 the 10 year terms will have expired. Chuan Lekpai brother stole 10 million dolalrs from Thai Farmers Bank (Kasikorn) and came back after 10 years without seeing a day in jail. TIT - Same same

DOH! There is no SoL on a conviction, or on the more serious charges waiting his return.

I forget all the rules, but (under US law) the statute of limitations is put on hold for certain crimes when the defendant clearly knows of the charges, yet flees to avoid them.