Increasing Pressure Through Email Action. Your Help Is Needed!

I only see one way to make pressure on the Government in Thailand regarding the new Visa rules... A mass emailing from all forum members to their local Thai Embassies.

In first instance, I would focus on the VOA visa matters and once the story of the 3mlj baht visa issue is publicly announced do another mailing regarding this story (this has not yet officially been confirmed)

I suggest everybody explains their own situation regarding their stay and email/phone the embassies.

Please find the email address and phone numbers of the embassy of your country.

http://www.thai-info.net/info/thaiembassyabroad.htm

If someone can come up with a standard letter, maybe we can send out hundreds (if possible thousands) of emails to the embassies and put them under pressure. I hope the local embassies will increase pressure to the Thai government in their turn.

I prefer personal letters to the Embassies as a standard letter is due to get a standard answer.

Any other suggestions are welcome as a lot of people are concerned.

PLEASE distribute this email to all your friends (farang or Thai's) and relatives who are concerned.

Can the forum manager keep this thread sticky?

For all those sending their letter, it would be great to make a copy of your letter to this thread.

Edited by oz457

My letter to the thai Embassy in Belgium:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I seek your help as there is a lot of confusion regarding the new visa regulations that will start on October 1st 2006.

I'm doing business with Thailand and need to travel to Thailand on a regular basis. So far, I was using the Visa on Arrival stamp that granted me 30 days stay.

Here's a history of the visits:

Arrival 1 april 2006 Departure 24 april 2006 (visit of the Bangkok International Gifts Trade fair)

Arrival 20 june 2006 Departure 15 july 2006 (visit of different supplyers, merchandise check and visit to Thai export center)

Arrival 25 july 2006 Departure 9 august 2006 (returning from personal travel to Laos Republic)

My next visit is planned on October 14 2006 to visit the Bangkok International Gifts Trade fair of 17 - 24 oct.

Based on this information, will I be granted a VOA of do I need to apply for a Visa in Belgium? Who will pay the expense of this visa, as in the past this was of no cost.

Kind regards.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I seek your help as there is a lot of confusion regarding the new visa regulations that will start on October 1st 2006.

I'm doing business with Thailand and need to travel to Thailand on a regular basis. So far, I was using the Visa on Arrival stamp that granted me 30 days stay.

Arrival 1 april 2006 Departure 24 april 2006 (visit of the Bangkok International Gifts Trade fair)

Arrival 20 june 2006 Departure 15 july 2006 (visit of different supplyers, merchandise check and visit to Thai export center)

Arrival 25 july 2006 Departure 9 august 2006 (returning from personal travel to Laos Republic)

My next visit is planned on October 14 2006 to visit the Bangkok International Gifts Trade fair of 17 - 24 oct.

Based on this information, will I be granted a VOA of do I need to apply for a Visa in Belgium? Who will pay the expense of this visa, as in the past this was of no cost.

Kind regards.

Based on the current announcements you should have no problem entering under the current Visa Exemption scheme.

Please note you are not granted a Visa on Arrival, that is something quite different.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Kind regards.

Based on the current announcements you should have no problem entering under the current Visa Exemption scheme.

Please note you are not granted a Visa on Arrival, that is something quite different.

I fully agree with you, but you should carefully read the last sentence:

"Who will pay the expense of this visa, as in the past this was of no cost."

And to buy a visa costs me money, so yes, I have reasons to complain...

This thread is about taking (email)action -instead of just thinking about ourselves (as in "I am safe, my visa is ok, so what"). Tomorrow YOUR visa can be the target of "the crackdown of the day".

I think it is a good initiative.

I agree we should all take action, and send an email with an inquiry about the new situation(s), let ourselves be heard (via email) at the thai embassies, and not only here on the forum.

Maybe its best not to use standard letters, to keep it real.

Isn't it better to try and do something, instead of just letting it all happen?

I believe that, if we all stick together, we do have the power to send a signal that will put a certain amount of pressure on decision makers.

The effect of mass mailings and pressure of the public -even "just farang like us"- should not be underestimated. If a mass-mailing really takes off, it can have an effect.

I fully agree with you, but you should carefully read the last sentence:

"Who will pay the expense of this visa, as in the past this was of no cost."

And to buy a visa costs me money, so yes, I have reasons to complain...

Visa on Arrival (does not apply to you)

Tourist Visa Exemption (applies to you)

The travel itinerary you have outlined does not require three back-to-back visa-exempt 30-day stays in Thailand, i.e. a continuous stay of 90 days with two interruptions of a few minutes only. The newly announced policy therefore does not apply to you. You panicked for no valid reason.

---------------

Maestro